• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Had my newest pew pew out back recently.

SBnjrKJ.jpg

I like the rifle, but I'm going to have to handload for it.

Who makes the two round holder on the side of the action, that's neat as spit! I need to re paint my ruger american since I put a decent scope on it finally, more of a pow than a pew but fun the same!

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Depending on what your looking for this might be a more robust option. I've heard good things about it.

https://www.skdtac.com/Hoptic-USA-Quiver-Spares-Carrier-308-6-5-Creedmoo-p/hop.102.htm

That's very slick but like teddy12b for this rifle in particular velcro is the only option really.
    The design of this looks like it'd completely eliminate the rounds shifting in the elastic. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if there was a way to mount it to the same spot I've got my little stick on thing.

Ditto Sir I plan on snagging one like yours!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Amazing what practical application a precision rifle might have. This would be my 4 deer who has taken the sierra matchking room temperature challenge and failed. She took a Fed GMM 168gr, and it was one of the most devastating blood trails I've ever seen, period. Shot & opportunity where quick, didn't have time to refine the shot as much as I'd have liked, but it was 150 yards give or take a few and she didn't go 50 yards.

Wb26Lsu.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Pre opening morning picture I sent to a few people:
    Loe6r7a.jpg

In the rain, in the blind and on my really fancy shooting sticks opening day:
    sBGEGAL.jpg

BhHC7HC.jpg

This picture I cheesed up a bit and pulled two rounds from the mag and put them in the shell holder so I could send the picture to some friends.
    YAIiuca.jpg

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Amazing what practical application a precision rifle might have. This would be my 4 deer who has taken the sierra matchking room temperature challenge and failed. She took a Fed GMM 168gr, and it was one of the most devastating blood trails I've ever seen, period. Shot & opportunity where quick, didn't have time to refine the shot as much as I'd have liked, but it was 150 yards give or take a few and she didn't go 50 yards.

Wb26Lsu.jpg

Nope, thats not possible. I read on the internet that match bullets wont kill animals. Ive had very similar results with the AMAX's.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Nope, thats not possible. I read on the internet that match bullets wont kill animals. Ive had very similar results with the AMAX's.

Yeah, I had read similar reports and had some doubts until I saw what a 200gr matchking out of a 30-06 did and realized I read too many reports online. I don't want to post a picture of the exit wound, but I'll just go ahead and say wow. When I drug that deer back to my property it was like someone marked the ground with a can of spray paint, let alone the amount that leaked out where she laid down. You can see some of that trail in the picture, I was just amazed. Probably one of the more humane shots & bullet combo's I've ever had.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Yeah, I had read similar reports and had some doubts until I saw what a 200gr matchking out of a 30-06 did and realized I read too many reports online. I don't want to post a picture of the exit wound, but I'll just go ahead and say wow. When I drug that deer back to my property it was like someone marked the ground with a can of spray paint, let alone the amount that leaked out where she laid down. You can see some of that trail in the picture, I was just amazed. Probably one of the more humane shots & bullet combo's I've ever had.

I took two with 168gr GMM last year, one shot drops both of them. All the GMM options are amazing loads IMO.

kirtar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    West Lafayette
    sEBpplR.png

Picked up a Savage 10 BA stealth in 6.5 Creedmoor recently. Accessories will be dealt with after New Year's or more likely after SHOT. I seem to made a poor case selection though. Current plan apart from scope/ring selection is to replace the buttstock since the cheek riser slips too easily (likely Luth-AR MBA-3), install front rail + Atlas Bipod, and probably throw a QD sling mount on the forend.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    sEBpplR.png

Picked up a Savage 10 BA stealth in 6.5 Creedmoor recently. Accessories will be dealt with after New Year's or more likely after SHOT. I seem to made a poor case selection though. Current plan apart from scope/ring selection is to replace the buttstock since the cheek riser slips too easily (likely Luth-AR MBA-3), install front rail + Atlas Bipod, and probably throw a QD sling mount on the forend.

You are going to love it. For the price, i don't think there is a better precision bolt rifle available. That's coming from a died in the wool Remington diehard, but this rifle made me a believer.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I hope you have better luck with your savage stealth than I did. Mine was is 308 though.

PPQGUY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Danville
    Kirtar, did you consider the Savage Model 12 LRP? I'm currently trying to decide between the Stealth and the LRP (in 6.5CM) and am trying to find something to break the tie (I'm currently leaning towards the LRP). I'm a non-competitive, long range target shooter. I'd appreciate any words of advice or opinions you might have.

I did start a separate thread on this very subject.

Thanks

Top Bottom