Last edited by a moderator:

VaRandy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2015
    Hatteras
    attachment.php

This is my first tactical which is still under construction. It is a BAT Tactical Action with 20 MOA BUILT IN, a McMillian A-5, Brux MTU barrel at 27 inches, .260, Jewell Trigger, and Ivey 50 MOA adjustable mount. NF scope shown is a placeholder for the new FFP NF Atrag. Critter overseeing the project is not gay, just covering up his breastplate.

Attachments

• IMG_0340-1.jpg
      IMG_0340-1.jpg
      814.3 KB · Views: 141
    Last edited by a moderator:

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Got a package from A&A in the mail today. A nice 6x24-50 Viper PST with some Vortex PMR rings to go with it. Still haven't shot this thing yet.

Is that the Spartan BMG AR upper? If So Nice..... Please give us a range report..... I have been tossing the idea around but havent found many people that have had one.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    i really like your rife. How long did it take you to get all of the parts in?
    It took a little over a week to get the upper. I figured this was the time to get it before tax season hits and they start to get back logged. Some of their match grade stuff is on a 6 month wait already.

Is that the Spartan BMG AR upper? If So Nice..... Please give us a range report..... I have been tossing the idea around but havent found many people that have had one.
    This is the Spartan upper but it's chambered in 338 lapua. When I ordered this I probably looked at the ordering screen for 10 minutes debating on the 50 bmg. Just couldn't do it. I will say the trigger in this thing is much better than I anticipated. Zel Custom supplies you with a hammer, spring and both pins and you use the stock version of everything else for the trigger group. I was expecting that crunchy, not so smooth stock AR trigger feel when I dry fired but it's completely different from that. I don't own one of those trigger pull weight gauges so I can't tell you what it is exactly. It's nice though. Zel offers a $275 Timney trigger that you can drop in but right now I have no desire as I'm pleased with the stock trigger setup. If the weather ever clears and my chest cold goes away my plan is to make a video with this thing.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    This is my first tactical which is still under construction. It is a BAT Tactical Action with 20 MOA BUILT IN, a McMillian A-5, Brux MTU barrel at 27 inches, .260, Jewell Trigger, and Ivey 50 MOA adjustable mount. NF scope shown is a placeholder for the new FFP NF Atrag. Critter overseeing the project is not gay, just covering up his breastplate.

Someday I hope to be able to say "Oh don't mind that Nightforce scope, it's just a placeholder." :laugh:

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area

Finally getting there. Just got the new Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 EBR3 on with Seekins Precision and EGW hd 20 moa base. Will be hopefully dropping the rifle off to get rebarreled to .260rem and have the action trued.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Savage MKII FV-SR with a Vortex Crossfire 2 4-12x and Guardian .22 at 100yds.

That Savage is a great bolt action trainer. You learn much of what you need for centerfire shooting, you can do it at closer distances, and it doesn't cost as much (well, it used to not cost as much...). :yesway:

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    After a month I finally got to put some rounds through the 338. This video is not the best but it does give a run down of the gun. The video was shot yesterday in the rain so I wasn't out there long.

[video=youtube;4wiyv-qmhkc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wiyv-qmhkc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    DPMS pattern Palmetto PA-10 (.308). Switched the barrel for an 18" Mega. Topped with a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 ffp. Haven't gotten it to the range yet after picking up the optic from Allen. Hoping for a 1 moa shooter. The YHM suppressor is just a place holder while the Saker waits in jail.

whoknows

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Warsaw
    I've added/ replaced a few things on my Remington 700 SPS Tactical. I ordered a set of Seekins Precision 30mm scope rings and one of their 20 MOA Picatinny bases. I highly recommend the stuff Seekins makes, the base and rings are really well made. I also switched scopes. The gun looks pretty ridiculous with the 4 inch sunshade.

Top Bottom