• ...and so much more!
  • bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'll tell you this, I've got my two hands and a hell of a will to live. If some SOB puts a gun on me in my own home and tells me lie down, he can most certainly "go fornicate" I ain't letting him kill me easy, hes going to have to work for it.

I went to the range this weekend... probably shot about 500 rounds. My finger didn't even break a sweat.

What I'm saying is that it doesn't take much to pull the trigger. So, he won't have to "work for it" all too hard if he's already decided to shoot you.

+1 for situational awareness. +1 for being ready to defend yourself.

deanr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Kendallville, Indiana
    So I heard on my way into work that the Allen County prosecutor is investigating if charges should be brought against the victim. I am sure that this is standard, but the guy was defending himself. I personally hope that there are not charges brought, but if there are charges brought does everyone know where the Allen County Court House is?

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I love this gem from the article:

"It occurred to him that since one of the robbers had pulled the trigger on a gun he thought was loaded, the men were probably ready to kill him, he said."

Ya think?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I love this gem from the article:

"It occurred to him that since one of the robbers had pulled the trigger on a gun he thought was loaded, the men were probably ready to kill him, he said."

Ya think?

I think they were wayyy past the "ready" part..............

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I went to the range this weekend... probably shot about 500 rounds. My finger didn't even break a sweat.

What I'm saying is that it doesn't take much to pull the trigger. So, he won't have to "work for it" all too hard if he's already decided to shoot you.

+1 for situational awareness. +1 for being ready to defend yourself.

That's when you lull them with the old:

"Oh my God! Please oh please don't-"

And that's when you draw. Or jump on the guy and bite his jugular vein. Gotta work with whatcha got.

Good for that guy, though. At least he managed to kill one of them.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Its quite obvious that some of you don't quite see the point I'm trying to make.....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So you're telling that Mr Felon is INSIDE your house, with a gun, and caught you unarmed. Mr Felon tells you turn around and get on your knees, you're gonna do it???? Thats friggin' crazy.....you're dead already, may as well make a play and do what you can to keep living to see tomorrow. Why lay down like a dumb sheep and get executed???:dunno:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Never bring a knife to a gunfight???

Sorry if this is a duplicate.

Unless the bad guy is out of ammo. :D
    It was determined that the idiot "gangsta" had emptied his gun before the robbery attempt.
    Too bad there aren't more like him.
    He just might get the local Darwin Award this year.
    So the score is:
    Citizen one
    Gangsta zero, with two still on the lam.
    Mike

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/wane-fort-wayne-edgewater-avenue-stabbing

Last edited:

Tru3Flight91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    West Point, New York
    I honestly cannot say I'm surprised by any of this.

Gangsta's aren't known for their intelligence. Druggies and high school dropouts mostly. In my opinion he got what was coming to him. Good thing you don't need a license to carry a knife, and now that this man has had this experience maybe he'll get a license to carry a handgun.

In my mind this has been a positive, if harrowing, experience. Robber/thug/gene pool contaminator deceased, and another man with an experience that may prompt him to take action to protect himself further.

hanks for the post.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I honestly cannot say I'm surprised by any of this.

Gangsta's aren't known for their intelligence. Druggies and high school dropouts mostly. In my opinion he got what was coming to him. Good thing you don't need a license to carry a knife, and now that this man has had this experience maybe he'll get a license to carry a handgun.

In my mind this has been a positive, if harrowing, experience. Robber/thug/gene pool contaminator deceased, and another man with an experience that may prompt him to take action to protect himself further.

hanks for the post.
    Licensing wouldn't have mattered, he was in his own apartment. He could have had a gun without a license if he so desired.

Tru3Flight91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    West Point, New York
    Licensing wouldn't have mattered, he was in his own apartment. He could have had a gun without a license if he so desired.

Don't get me wrong, I read the article, I know he was in his home. I'm just saying this is an example of a time when a knife came in handy.

If the man was outside his home and had a knife on him and used it to defend himself that would be the same thing in my opinion that's all I'm saying.

Regardless of where the person is he doesn't have to have any form of license to carry a knife, however, and her's where the difference is, a person does have to have a license to carry a firearm outside his/her home. Therefore, in my opinion, there's no reason why one shouldn't carry both

:sheep:

Disclaimer: Sheep added for dramatic effect.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Police Chief "Rusty" York was fairly civil on his interview on WANE 15's news considering how he usually is anti-gun. He did not go into detail, but did state it was within the rights of citizens to use what ever force necessary to protect themselves against lethal threats.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

(It started off his property while walking his dog before the robbers led him back to his apartment.)

But more importantly...

IBTL!

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    First, thank God the victim is ok, and by victim I mean Adam (not the stabbed to death criminal).

Second, another reason to support 2a rights.

Third, There is more to this story then has been told in the newspaper. My sister in law is dating a FWPD LEO and we talked about it yesterday at an Easter gathering at my in laws.

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    That guy was very lucky to only end up with a trashed house, a few missing items, and a few bumps and bruises. I don't think I'd tell someone with a gun pointed at me, "F you." But who knows what will happen if I'm ever in that situation, I'll probably shoot them since I don't go out without a gun.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Police Chief "Rusty" York was fairly civil on his interview on WANE 15's news considering how he usually is anti-gun. He did not go into detail, but did state it was within the rights of citizens to use what ever force necessary to protect themselves against lethal threats.
    Yup.
    I was a little surprised by Rusty's interview when he supported self defense by whatever means necessary. He is not usually so generous when it comes to Civilian actions against criminals.
    Of course Ft. Waynes murder rate has skyrocketed while the population dropped by nearly 20,000 in the past few decades. :dunno:
    Mike

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    ....Williams' death is Fort Wayne's 10th homicide in 2010."

Homicide? Okay, this is defined by Nolo as such:

The killing of one human being by the act or omission of another. The term applies to all such killings, whether criminal or not. Homicide is noncriminal in a number of situations, including deaths as the result of war and putting someone to death by the valid sentence of a court. Killing may also be legally justified or excused, as it is in cases of self-defense or when someone is killed by another person who is attempting to prevent a violent felony. Criminal homicide occurs when a person purposely, knowingly, recklessly, or with extreme negligence causes the death of another. Murder and manslaughter are examples of criminal homicide.

This "news" rightfully reports and places self defense as a homicide, according to the defined explanation, but doesn't take in account any number of other actions that result in death, such as a family's decision to the withholding of medical care for their 97 year old grandfather who is comatose. After all, that within itself, is an act of omission.

Its more likely, the word homicide was used by the reporter to inflame the reader's passions, to outrage them to believe that there was something dubious when in fact, the story exonerated the victim.

So only the 10th homicide in FW? I don't think so.

Top Bottom