• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    That is the reason we all support 2A, we should not have to cower in fear, street smarts is being prepared to defend the right to carry on as a free man, we must put the criminals on defense, they should not dictate our decisions to enjoy life at or where ever, I understand your thinking but hope u will come over:dunno:

Exactly! Rep'd :yesway:

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Read my above post... the big issue is that in a way he put him in the position for a greater chance of this happening....... sad but it's the way it is these day's.
    are you serious! so what your saying is he should just live his life in fear and give into these sob's? everyone should have the ability to go down their own street any time day or night. He shouldn't have to change his life because some slim bags don't want to work for a living but would rather be a leech on society. I'm sorry this happened to him but im glad one of them was killed and im glad he found and hopefully hurt those other sob's. wish he had killed them too really.This kind of stuff is getting really out of hand and their isn't enough cops nor is it their responsibility to protect us.Its up to each and every person.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    are you serious! so what your saying is he should just live his life in fear and give into these sob's? everyone should have the ability to go down their own street any time day or night. He shouldn't have to change his life because some slim bags don't want to work for a living but would rather be a leech on society. I'm sorry this happened to him but im glad one of them was killed and im glad he found and hopefully hurt those other sob's. wish he had killed them too really.This kind of stuff is getting really out of hand and their isn't enough cops nor is it their responsibility to protect us.Its up to each and every person.

No he should not have to live his life in fear but even if you are carrying a gun you still have to have situational awarness and have to allways be on the look out. I don't go on walk's at night, once I get my LTCH I am sure I will. I worked in the heart downtown outside and at night for many year's.... You better beleive I was paying attention to what was going on around me and who all was in the shadow's. Just because you carry a gun does not mean you are safe to go any place you choose and thing you will come on on the wining end.

Many places even downtown that if you are not alert you will never have a chance to even touch your weapon....... it's that simple.

A lot of people on here seem to think that just because they have a gun that they are crime proof or death proof and that is just plain stupid.

My motto is to not put yourself in a situation that you will have to draw, Im alert even pulling into my driveway at night or walking around my house...

Many may not agree with me on this but I have been in a lot of bad situations with no gun and came out ok.

Fell free to do what you want, just have situational awarness.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    If he would have walked his dog during the day when people are awake and around chances are this never would have happen...... even the people I know that work midnight's still have time to do stuff during the day.......

Yeah it suck's that you can't to whatever whenever with no fear of being robed but you have to be smart about things sometimes.... it's called street smarts. During the day chances are someone would have seen him with the other guy's and during the day it would be easier to see people coming toward you.......... most crime happens at night....

Read the story again, he had been gone most of the evening/night at a friends house playing cards......you're telling me you NEVER go out and stay late??? I'll bet you on a 'regular day' he doesn't make a habit of walking his dog at 4am. HOWEVER critters gotta pee just like we do, poor thing had been inside for hours and need to "do his business." Admittedly the fella involved didn't practice 100% situational awarness, BUT we all are free to take our dogs out across the street to take a leak at WHATEVER TIME of day/night we so desire. He did what he had to do given the circumstances. I can tell you one thing, the first thing I do upon arriving home, regardless of what time it is, is to let my dogs out to "go".....shame on me I guess....:n00b:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Read the story again, he had been gone most of the evening/night at a friends house playing cards......you're telling me you NEVER go out and stay late??? I'll bet you on a 'regular day' he doesn't make a habit of walking his dog at 4am. HOWEVER critters gotta pee just like we do, poor thing had been inside for hours and need to "do his business." Admittedly the fella involved didn't practice 100% situational awarness, BUT we all are free to take our dogs out across the street to take a leak at WHATEVER TIME of day/night we so desire. He did what he had to do given the circumstances. I can tell you one thing, the first thing I do upon arriving home, regardless of what time it is, is to let my dogs out to "go".....shame on me I guess....:n00b:

I was tring to clarify and say that if you do choose to go out at night you need to have good situational awarness..... Id rather have that over a gun any day of the week.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    ALL RIGHT!
    I want everybody to watch the movie "Death Wish" with Charles Bronson before you post any more in this thread.

Then, we'll all divide up which parks we're going to visit...:D

jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    This happened just a few blocks from me. It's mostly a good neighborhood, but there are a fair amount of cheap rentals (fewer by the year, thank goodness) with a lot of turnover in occupancy, and every once in a while something completely weird and random like this happens. Looks like it's time to start practicing quick-draws while holding the dog leash!

TripleL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    The Rockies
    "The men had apparently been out drinking vodka, an officer told him, and decided to fire some shots into the river. Apparently they emptied their gun"

So if the cops knew that why were the thugs still out on the loose. Shouldn't the cops been out there investigating the shots being fired? :dunno:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    To those saying they'd fight an armed (with a gun) man with "everything they've got" (when they've got nothing)... have you ever been in such a situation? Try having a gun pointed at your head and see how much you are ready to fight. I bet 9 times out of 10 you'll lose that fight.

Before I started carrying, I was involved in a robbery. If I'd have had a gun, I'd have had a chance. I saw them enter the restaurant and could have resisted (if I were armed). But once somebody has a gun pointed at you, I don't believe there is a whole lot you can do about it. I decided not to fist fight an man with a gun... Maybe I'm lucky, but I'm still alive. Sure, if it happened the same way again, I'd be armed and would have another option. But, unarmed vs armed leaves the odds stacked one way pretty freakin heavy.

I agree that people should be able to walk the streets whenever they want. I WILL NOT cower in fear in my own neighborhood. If I want to go on a late night stroll, I most certainly will (but I'll just do it with my GSD and G19). I can't believe the people that would blame the victim for being outside (no matter the hour). That makes me sick.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    To those saying they'd fight an armed (with a gun) man with "everything they've got" (when they've got nothing)... have you ever been in such a situation? Try having a gun pointed at your head and see how much you are ready to fight. I bet 9 times out of 10 you'll lose that fight.

Before I started carrying, I was involved in a robbery. If I'd have had a gun, I'd have had a chance. I saw them enter the restaurant and could have resisted (if I were armed). But once somebody has a gun pointed at you, I don't believe there is a whole lot you can do about it. I decided not to fist fight an man with a gun... Maybe I'm lucky, but I'm still alive. Sure, if it happened the same way again, I'd be armed and would have another option. But, unarmed vs armed leaves the odds stacked one way pretty freakin heavy.

I agree that people should be able to walk the streets whenever they want. I WILL NOT cower in fear in my own neighborhood. If I want to go on a late night stroll, I most certainly will (but I'll just do it with my GSD and G19). I can't believe the people that would blame the victim for being outside (no matter the hour). That makes me sick.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'll tell you this, I've got my two hands and a hell of a will to live. If some SOB puts a gun on me in my own home and tells me lie down, he can most certainly "go fornicate" I ain't letting him kill me easy, hes going to have to work for it.

Top Bottom