• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    I cant believe it takes people so long to check some names. Half the ballot was running unopposed. How does it take more than a minute?

noname1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    1 hour and 15 minutes total time in Westfield. Tried to get in before the lunchtime rush. Wish I could have found someone voting opposite of me and we both just agree to leave. It could have saved a bunch of time. The Republican botton was warm to the touch! I take that as a good sign.

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    early

I voted the day after early voting started. I did have an elderly couple ahead of me, and two more people came in to vote early while I was looking over the ballot, but there was no real line.

I threw them a curve ball when I handed them my passport and voter registration instead of just handing over my DL. But other than that it was as smooth as can be.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Got my ballots in the mail a few weeks ago, sat down at the kitchen table and filled out mine and my wife's while enjoying a perky little Pinot Noir, occasionally looking up to watch the sun set over the mountains. I handed them to my wife who mailed them.

Overall, a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Of course, I live in Colorado.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    Walked in, voted, walked out. I live in a really crappy part of Marion (city). Strange nobody else was there voting, they must have all been at wor-yeah right...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    There was some beady eyed crazy old lady with zero inhibitions left complaining loudly about how long people were taking. "What's taking so darned long? It's not hard, I can do it faster than that!".

I hope when I get that old it's still socially acceptable for the elderly to do whatever the hell they want. It looks liberating.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    8161612665_74b9c170b0_k.jpg

In and out, no problems, but my friend, who had to go back in because he forgot his new temp IN driver's license in there, said he saw this sign on the wall as you go in:
    8161613791_38e72a84ff_k.jpg

The sign reads, "Anyone caught with drugs, alcohol, or weapons will be prosecuted." As if the three could be equated by any terms.
    The Community Center is wholly owned by the city, as such, it does not have any authority to ban the possession or carry of firearms. I tried to find someone in a position of authority to ask about the sign, but all of the offices are closed today for the election. I'll give them a call tomorrow to find out whether there is any actual daycare which is required to be licensed, or preschool, or anything else which could possibly support such a declaration as is evinced on this sign.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    I think it took all of 15 minutes...there were 12ish others in line, admittedly it was a pretty small polling place (3 booths). Everyone was friendly. Pretty uneventful (not a bad thing).

Props to those of you sticking it out in hella long lines.. :yesway:

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    I'm actually pretty upset how my voting went... First there were not paper ballots to be used, only the electronic voting systems with out any kind of paper trail. I had to vote as a contested voter because they were not ready for people who wanted a paper ballot. It took me over an hour to vote.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    At a fire station in Lafayette:

The line was a 4-loop inside the station (about 20 minutes). The hold-up was the slow ballot issuers. Many of the machines were standing empty.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Went in at 0900. No line, but much confusion on if I was in the right place to vote. Showing the yellow card I had received from the Marion County Election Board directing me to the location was only confusing the staff on duty even more. Showing my voter registration card, even more confusion. Finally after checking all the books the last book had my name in it. Yeah, moved from precinct 8 to 4. Got to love the organization, I mean lack of organization. :rolleyes:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Fishers district 13 had a 1 hour and 30 minute wait at 11:00. Said it had been that way all morning. My district which votes at the same location was about a 1/2 hour wait. Didn't mind as I got a chance to catch up with some of my neighbors.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    wife , son, and I waited 2 hours in a Brownsburg polling place. big turn out and only 2 machines:noway:

Poll workers claimed it had been a 1.5-2 hr wait since 6am this morning. hope they petition for more units next election

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    All was well in Whiteland. 25 min wait. No Blue Helmets or NBP berets. No complaints of my CC'd firearm. Best turnout I have ever seen down here.

Top Bottom