Not open for further replies.

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    Never got a ticket so can't help there.

The thing that gets me the most is how do they justify him driving over 100 to pull you over for going 16 over. That's insane to say your actions are unsafe so I can perform an even more unsafe action to stop you.:rolleyes:

That is EXACTLY the point I'm trying to get across...but, they are the police, free to do whatever they want. Its been like that for years, and it will continue to be like that. For example, just look at the Indiana and Illinois State Police...they FLY down the interstate in the far left lane for no reason. If I feel ballsy, I like to switch lanes when I see them coming from behind. They ALWAYS change lanes, make eye contact with me and are like "WTF"? If he's going somewhere important, he'll get on the shoulder, pass me and move on. Its when they are not doing anything important is when I get those looks...I have much disrespect for the police when they pull **** like this. There's no reason. One cop told me, "every job has its perks...this is my perk". Also, I looked on PCSO's website, their cars are well equipped, nice Ford Explorers with Leather seats. Sat in one of them...those seats are heated! Who pays for those? WE DO. Wireless access to the internet...is that really necessary?

Rant off.

Thanks for someone FINALLY listening to me.

Erick

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    I don't speed. So don't get all butthurt when I stop you for passing me when I'm doing the speed limit in my marked police car.

Really, you ACTUALLY obey the laws? Impossible! This I have to see!! But...if I do catch you speeding for no reason, again, your agency can expect a phone call for a written complaint! I'm done playing! I'll take it as high as it has to go. I'll get someone's attention!

On the other hand, IF you catch me, and you are actually respectful towards me about the situation and don't throw your weight around, I have no reason to file a complaint...just be respectful is all I'm trying to ask. Is that too much? Apparently it is from what I'm reading on this thread!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    That is EXACTLY the point I'm trying to get across...but, they are the police, free to do whatever they want. Its been like that for years, and it will continue to be like that. For example, just look at the Indiana and Illinois State Police...they FLY down the interstate in the far left lane for no reason. If I feel ballsy, I like to switch lanes when I see them coming from behind. They ALWAYS change lanes, make eye contact with me and are like "WTF"? If he's going somewhere important, he'll get on the shoulder, pass me and move on. Its when they are not doing anything important is when I get those looks...I have much disrespect for the police when they pull **** like this. There's no reason. One cop told me, "every job has its perks...this is my perk". Also, I looked on PCSO's website, their cars are well equipped, nice Ford Explorers with Leather seats. Sat in one of them...those seats are heated! Who pays for those? WE DO. Wireless access to the internet...is that really necessary?

Rant off.

Erick

i wouldnt do this. especialy if your on a motorcycle. they will hit you and you will be the one dead or in trouble. then they will try to arrest you for hurting their precious colleague.

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    The Law doesn't make mistakes.

I'm sure it doesn't...after all, you guys are so perfect and wonderful...don't forget those seatbelts...I see a number of cops not wearing them for whatever bull**** excuse..."it wrinkles my uniform" Bull****. I'd rather have a wrinkled uniform than shards of glass in my face. My FAVORITE response..."I have the airbag, so I don't need my seatbelt..." Wow...we'll see when you're actually in a crash how well that airbag does without a seatbelt. He continued to mention that he bent the steering wheel forward (because of his weight...) Seatbelts are mechanical devices, they all have a failure point, but I can testify that in the severe accidents I've been in (none my fault), the seatbelts combined with airbags, especially side curtain airbags have saved my life or prevented serious injury time and again...If you want to do more digging, look at the crash test results for the 2005 Toyota Corolla on the iihs.org website....the front left side of the car in the offset test is compoletely demolished, however the passenger compartment was left undamaged. No injuries. Now take a look at the 1995 Mitsubishi
    Galant...see if you'll survive that one! The entire passenger safety cage was demolished! And that's only going 40 mph! Since then cars have been designed much safer. I had the unique opportunity to do a college internship and learned exactly how some cars are designed to withstand crashes...lots even better than the Mercedes, which had a long reputation of crash avoidance/protection...food for thought.

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    i wouldnt do this. especialy if your on a motorcycle. they will hit you and you will be the one dead or in trouble. then they will try to arrest you for hurting their precious colleague.

No, never on a motorcycle...that's just asking for trouble. I think police motorcycles should be done away with...especially on the interstates where people are known to do 80+ Putting them on the interstate is purely a bad idea.

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    About police whizzing past you, not all calls are runs with lights and sirens but they do need to still get there in a bit of a hurry. Instead of getting a radar detector, try leaving a few minutes earlier if you're always needing to speed to get places on time.

That I understand; I was a police cadet in college for the DuPage County Sheriff's Office. If you want a professional agency that will expend time and costs to your development, that's the place to be. But, in this case, for a minor traffic citation, Rt. 49 was busy that morning with all the holiday travelers returning home. There was no reason for him to whiz in and out of lanes to catch up to me. When he finally did, he was so close, I could not even see his headlights in my rearview mirror, that was issue #1 that pissed me off.

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    if you were speeding then i believe you should man up and pay your fine. BUT, on a side note what the cop did ..... speeding to 100 MPH to catch up to you was EXTREMELY ILLEGAL and unsafe and lacked common sense. these are the stories that scare me. where is the rational decision making process here?

i also do not agree with high speed chases unless that person is a direct and immediate life threat to a citizen. chasing cars because of failure to yeild, or speeding is retarded in my opinion and I have wrote my representatives for several years to get this behavior stopped. i think the police in a chase become more of a danger to the public and themselves than the criminal.

THANK YOU!!!!! A voice of reason!!!

earlykyler2012

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Grant County
    It's near impossible to beat the system, pay the ticket. I once got a seatbelt ticket but... I had the MF'er on. Not when he walked up to the car though probably cause I was halfway out of the car getting ready to go into the store and it was at that point he screams for me to get back in the car. I guess I should've put my seatbelt back on. I fought the case and lost.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Sorry about your ticket, that always sucks. Understandably, it's "frustrating" to see police sometimes going MUCH faster than the rest, particularly when you see them in plainclothes and marked car with kids the in the back seat. :xmad: Have seen this a few times and it's a little disconcerting. Never IMPD though, mostly places like Southport, Carmel, etc... Surrounding areas where the position of Chief is more of a popularity contest. :rolleyes:

But, to be honest, where was the fire? 71 in a 55 is a bit much. And the idea that one would not do that in a motorcycle is fine, but why do it in a vehicle that takes longer the slow down and can cause more damage if control is lost/accident caused? 60 in a 55, okay, but that extra 11 or so MPH can cause some serious issues if lightly taken. As stated before, leave a little early. Radar detectors and stuff like that is nothing more than a placebo, using statistics to protect you from getting a ticket (chances of getting a ticket v. chances of not getting a ticket).

You will probably go off on me for saying that, but consider that in stories like this, we only have one side of the story. Your interaction with any criticism here has shown that maybe the details might be off a touch? All in all, even with any exaggeration, the officer's actions seem a little out there. 100 MPH no lights/siren is pretty stupid... Blowing up on you for speeding is a bit much as well. I have been pulled over quite a few times and it seems the small areas or outliers to major metro areas seem to have the "I'll teach you a lesson" types on their department. Every interaction with Toledo, Dayton and IMPD here have been professional, even cordial in some cases. But places like Southport, Carmel, Beavercreek Ohio, Avon were all young punks out to give you what-for.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Let me be clear!

The cop's demeanor was very inappropriate, and I will not stand for it. Is that clear? I will NOT have anyone in a public position yell at me and treat me in such a manner. Is that clear? Yes, for the way the cop treated me, you're damn right I want him to get in trouble. On the other hand, I wouldn't be so upset if he treated me as a human. Period. Also, there was no reason for him to drive as he did to pull me over, admitting to doing over 100 mph for a minor traffic citation with no lights/siren, and putting other people's lives in danger at the same time. Do you need me to speak this in spanish? French? Italian? I was very clear in my original post where my position is. And if that means making his life hell at work, then so be it. You treat people the way you want to be treated. My recourse is very limited, but you can bet I'm going to **** someone off at the Sheriff's Dept. I will even take it to the Office of Professional Standards...or the Porter County variant.

Again, I don't treat anyone like this, and I don't deserve to be treated like a piece of meat.

To any cops out there: don't speed, obey ALL traffic laws that you enforce, or you will have a complaint filed against you. Period. You are not exempt from the law you are held to enforce.

Later.
    Let me make this clear. It is obvious that you got busted and do not deny it yet you cry because you got caught. Let me make this clear. In English, French, Spanish, Italian, and Greek.
    MAN UP MOVE ON.
    So you pay his paycheck so now your his boss and your god almighty? I love this! You know, they take taxes out of his paycheck too, right? So that means he pays his own paycheck. MAN UP move on and stop crying.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Sheeezzzz!! Pretty much three screens of whining over a ticket. Sounds like the OP got what he deserved. It also sounds like he is now attempting to lay blame on the officers actions to compensate for his own actions. Happens all the time. Heck I would go to court because I am sure you will beat it and get the officer fired....yea right. Grow up and pay your stupid fine!:xmad:

earlykyler2012

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Grant County
    The issue here is the verbal mistreatment of the OP'er. He's not getting out paying the ticket. Oh yeah, if I didn't say it before, I'll say it now: Don't f@#* with the law.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    What's a deferral? I got a ticket last year in Illinois and when I moved here State Farm told me I had to pay more because of the ticket. First ticket since 1987 and yes, I was going 81 on I-57 downstate in the middle of nowhere. My laser detector went off, but it was too late. Watch out for them on the overpasses.

b0Rn~c0nfus3d

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Let me make this clear. It is obvious that you got busted and do not deny it yet you cry because you got caught. Let me make this clear. In English, French, Spanish, Italian, and Greek.
    MAN UP MOVE ON.
    So you pay his paycheck so now your his boss and your god almighty? I love this! You know, they take taxes out of his paycheck too, right? So that means he pays his own paycheck. MAN UP move on and stop crying.

^^^^^^^ THIS SUMS IT UP.........:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Also OP look forward to getting pulled over more and more when its so obvious you dont respect the law. Infact lucky only a ticket as you could have went to jail for disorderly conduct and reckless driving. Also if a cop is passing you on left try to stay out of his way instead getting in it..Your asking for it and you will get it....

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The issue here is the verbal mistreatment of the OP'er. He's not getting out paying the ticket. Oh yeah, if I didn't say it before, I'll say it now: Don't f@#* with the law.

Yea so he claims. I have lost count of how many deserving people I have cited that decided to claim verbal mistreatment or harsh tone,unpolished boots,no hat on or use your imagination. A person with an attitude will always attempt to get one up on you.

Oh and I almost forgot, many,many people who are on their way to church when they get stopped seem to think because they were going to church that the laws don't apply. Strange IMO.

And I always love it when a speeder complains about the officer speeding!! WTH?

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I don't speed. So don't get all butthurt when I stop you for passing me when I'm doing the speed limit in my marked police car.

I had to break the speed limit this morning on 465 and 74. There was a cop in the middle lane doing 50mph. He had about 20 cars and trucks bottled up and I had speed around him so I could get off on 74. To me that as dangerous as speeding to write a ticket.

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    First off, I think the OP should pay the fine and move on. Second, officers should show respect and be curtious. If an officer is going to write a ticket then explain what the offender did and what action the officer is going to take. In this case, the OP probably wouldn't have written this, had the officer not went into detail about having to go 100 miles and hour to catch up with him and what ever else he said. Offficers must at all times do there job in a professional manner. That will go a long way!

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010

Rant off.

Erick

I wasn't saying police never have a good reason to speed. When they are responding to emergency calls they do have a reason to speed, and sometimes they do respond with out lights and sirens.

The only aspect I was pointing out was going over 100 to catch someone going 71.:n00b:

Which person was more dangerous to others on the road?
    Lots of small highways in western states have speed limits of 65 -70.
    Speed limits across Indiana need to be changed to address the fact that our cars today can run circles around the cars the speed limits were originally set for.:twocents:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom