Poll: Would you like to see a Gunsmithing subforum?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you like to see a Gunsmithing Subforum?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Can we just have a DIY subform? I've been looking at how to make holsters (leather, kydex, and combination) lately. I would love to be able to reference INGO for these threads and would be willing to throw up some threads on how to do them as well.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Post a request in the general firearms discussion forum and see what happens. You can still post about your projects anyway. I love looking at projects of all kinds. So to others!

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    This isn't the general firearms discussion thread? Is there a different one that you're talking about?

When I attempt my holsters, I will definitely be posting them up. I'm going to encourage others to do the same and hopefully help out with getting a gunsmithing/diy subforum.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Yes. you are in the right area. You're just in a sub forum so the mods might not see it. A lot of people might not see it because they have no interest in a gunsmithing forum. Back up to the General Firearms discusion forum. Just one level and post it there so it is not tied to this thread and more people might see it. You are welcome to post it here. I'd just like to see you get more response by putting it in the right area. And I hope you get a lot of responses. Maybe do a poll to see the interest.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    In an effort to get more traffic, what if the subforum were titled DIY/Gunsmithing that would encompass most of the home done projects like holsters and other stuff as well.... it would keep the subforum a bit busier and more entertaining.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I really think a a gunsmithing forum would be cool. But from what I have seen from my gunsmithing post it may not be hopeful. I have had a post up for a week It has 25 responses. A lot of them are my comments. over 500 views. I seen a post a new leather holster 20 hours ago. It has almost 450 views. with 35 comments.

People aren't looking at or responding to many gunsmithing post. They seem more interested in holsters :-( Given time and a lot more gunsmithing threads it might catch on. I am going to keep posting projects and be hopeful the interest will rise.

If you see a project that you like please show support and comment or know one will take us seriously. Mean while I will be surfing the weaponsguild,com forum. They do a lot over there.

i have to agree with you. I posted a thread about a shotgun barrel extension I made on my lathe. Nothing real cool, but i had some pictures of it and stuff and I thought it wa just something neat that you don't see everyday. I labeled it "gunsmithing" so people would know, and I think it got 3 replys. Not that it hurts my feelings or any stuff like that, it just made me realize maybe there isn't the interest. Idk???

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    i have to agree with you. I posted a thread about a shotgun barrel extension I made on my lathe. Nothing real cool, but i had some pictures of it and stuff and I thought it wa just something neat that you don't see everyday. I labeled it "gunsmithing" so people would know, and I think it got 3 replys. Not that it hurts my feelings or any stuff like that, it just made me realize maybe there isn't the interest. Idk???

Bearing in mind that many are looking maybe just not responding. A lot of the people looking for help get it when they read these threads. 450/500 views is decent. Hell, you may have shown a project and sparked others or answered 30 questions just by posting what you have. My post count isn't all that high and I'v eloped at every gunsmithing post I've ever seen here, learned a ton from them, but generally don't comment unless my question wasn't answered? Food for thought I guess. Not to mention, if there was a specific sub forum for just GIY/GS I would constantly troll it for additional info!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN

I looked at that thread at least 3 or 4 times.... That's the kind of stuff I like to look at and see. I just didn't have much to say since you did a fantastic job.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I belong to the Smith and Wesson forum which has great info for my 4506, but its not as friendly or tight knit as it is here so I'm not as proactive as I am here. I always check in daily just to browse or respond to something. I would prefer a gunsmithing forum especially if there are other 3rd gen smith owners and they have done something which would benefit my firearm.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    you should go look at how many views your thread has, then find a topic that has the same number of replies and see how many views it has. Just with the title "gunsmithing" I bet you have almost double the number of views.

Top Bottom