• What should my first 22lr plinker be?

• Total voters

Dagoney22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    NWI-Merrillville
    10/22 is something you can have forever and customize to boot. It's like the honda civic of the gun world. anyone and everyone makes aftermarket parts for it, so the possibilities are endless. Also, a 10/22 is something that can be handed down and everyone will know what it is.

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    10/22! You can do so many things with it. I LOVE mine and I'm looking for a couple of more. One for my daughter and wife.

drrun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Columbus, Indiana
    River 10/22. It is a very reliable and accurate rifle. Plus it is so customizable with tons of aftermarket parts to change practically ever part of the gun. You can literally make it into anything you please.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    i was in the same boat about a month ago. i chose the xt-22 because i really like bolt actions, and i didnt want to fly through the ammo so quickly.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    If you aren't in a rush keep an eye out for a used Marlin Model 60. I find tube fed 22s more relaxing to plink with as dropping rounds down a tube is easier than thumbing them into a mag.

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    I voyed other because I purchased 2 mossberg 702 plinksters from walmart for 107 bucks a piece and that is the best money I have ever spent on semi-auto 22s they function flawlessly on the bulk pack ammo any brand or even the hollow points. All the others are picky and I have ruger and marlin.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I'll mention the Henry. Fit and finish are terrific, accuracy is second to none and as a lever action you won't blow through ammo like you would with a semi auto. Henry's customer service is the best. Call the owner, and if he's in (probably 95% of the time) he'll personally take your call. I've owned mine now for over two years and have run a few thousand rounds of all types through it and have never had a FTF or FTE...ever.

Did I mention that they're highly accurate? And you'll stay within your price range.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I voted for the 10/22 but that's what I would choose for me. The best way to decide is to handle them both and even shoot them both, if you can. I have always purchased guns based solely on feel. I have had multiple surgeries on one of my hands and feel is everything to me, but what feels great to me doesn't always feel great to everyone else. They are both great guns that should last many years with proper maintenance. So my suggestion is to get out and handle them both and compare them based on how you feel.

Top Bottom