Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Capture.jpg

Looks like the general rule that bright colors indicate poison/toxicity in the animal kingdom also applies to homo sapiens. :):

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    We need KKK/ANTIFA cage matches staged in all of these places.

But, unless they outnumber the opposition 6 to 1 or better, only the female* ANTIFA fight. It isn't much of a cage match if one contestant is whimpering in a corner.

* or those who identify as female to the extent they believe there won't be any resistance.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You didn't read the whole article, did you?

Sure did. This stood out right away. The rest is just gravy. Am I suppose to believe anything the FBI says now?
    They never seem to mention who the proud boys have been fighting.

Question - Why is the FBI protecting ANTIFA? Why isn't ANTIFA deemed a terrorist group?

The Proud Boys was founded by the Vice Media co-founder Gavin McInnes. McInnes has insisted that his group is not white nationalist or “alt-right” but the Proud Boys have a history of misogyny and glorifying violence. The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) lists them as a hate group.

And listening to the Southern Poverty Law Center is as questionable as the anything from the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure I've said this before, but I want to re-iterate it...

For me, at least, posting of articles is not necessarily endorsement of those articles. Just sharing for the sake of sharing.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'm sure I've said this before, but I want to re-iterate it...

For me, at least, posting of articles is not necessarily endorsement of those articles. Just sharing for the sake of sharing.

Oh totally.
    I prowl the dark side all the time when I'm bored to see what the "other side" is up to. It's absolutely amazing what they come up with. Apparently if enough of them agree with some make believe lie long enough, it just becomes their truth. And I really think they believe it somehow. In their twisted since of reality.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Will, I did read the article and I think the comment about it is right. SPLC saying a group is a "hate" group means absolutely nothing.

Because there are SPLC-listed groups that aren't what SPLC describes them as? For example?
    :dunno:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Looking through the list...

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/groups

... Few of them seem exaggerated. Use language such as "widely considered", which is nonsense.

Then there's the individual "extremists" list...

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual

... I don't know a lot of these people, but again... more loose language like "hater" and lists that sound like amateur hit-pieces. Calls people leaders of "hate-movements"... which, again, who defines what is a hate-movement? One man's "hate-movement" is another man's pet cause.

Also, hate-movement would be a funny way to describe a post-Taco Bell trip.

Edit: Huh, I apparently follow two "extremists".

They do seem to choose "safe" people to put on their list... and shy away from celebrities that say far worse ****.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Because there are SPLC-listed groups that aren't what SPLC describes them as? For example?

via:https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/center-security-policy

AMERICAN COLLEGE OF PEDIATRICIANS
    The American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds) is a fringe anti-LGBT hate group that masquerades as the premier U.S. association of pediatricians to push anti-LGBT junk science, primarily via far-right conservative media and filing amicus briefs in cases related to gay adoption and marriage equality.​

[Well; that seems like an unbiased declaration, doesn't it! Professional credentials should have no place if they don't toe the progressive line!]

CENTER FOR SECURITY POLICY
    Founded in 1988 by former Reagan administration official Frank Gaffney, Jr., The Center for Security Policy (CSP) has gone from a respected hawkish think tank focused on foreign affairs to a conspiracy-oriented mouthpiece for the growing anti-Muslim movement in the United States.

[Translation:Won't sign off on the current progressive view of sharia and the Muslim Brotherhood]

OATH KEEPERS
    The Oath Keepers, which claims tens of thousands of present and former law enforcement officials and military veterans as members, is one of the largest radical antigovernment groups in the U.S. today. While it claims only to be defending the Constitution, the entire organization is based on a set of baseless conspiracy theories about the federal government working to destroy the liberties of Americans.

[So I guess they hate the government? Now that Trump is the government, it seems they've left off a lot of hate groups - notably CNN, NYT, WaPo etc]

All first page K14. There are some groups listed that we can all agree on, but many listed simply disagree with progressive ideas. Like racism, when they use hate group carelessly and over-broadly they dilute any meaning the term once had. The American College of Pediatricians, for god's sake
    :rolleyes:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. If you put EVERY right wing group you disagree with on your list of hate groups, you’re bound to get some right. If a broken watch is only right when the time happens to coincide with the position of the hands, it’s not very useful as a timepiece.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom