• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What? You were talking about the TEA Party and now you're talking about...what?

But anyway, as to your new goalpost, you're taking a lot of interpretive license there to concoct a more violent left than the right.

Authoritarians are violent whether left or right. Maybe just say that. But no. You gotta find some "at least my side..." nonsense.

I wasn't a big fan of what the TEA Party became, but they weren't very authoritarian, nor violent as a rule. There is an Antifa comparable fringe on the right wing. Antifa is to the left as Neo-Nazi/skin heads are to the right. So you pick the TEA Party as Antifa's counterpart? Thing is, the neo nazi types have far less support among the people on the right, but CNN proclaims Antifa as heroes, and they get away with it. Why so few on the left can rightly identify the fringe on their side is a testament to how out of touch the left is with reality right now.

You are far too loose with your usage of skinhead, unless you meant a particular subset of skins, in which case the slash should be removed and it should say "neo-nazi skin heads" without the implicatation of equivalency

The wiki is as good a source as any

The rise to prominence of skinheads came in two waves, with the first wave taking place in the late 1960s and the second wave originating in the mid 1970s to early 1980s. The first skinheads were working class youths motivated by an expression of alternative values and working class pride, rejecting both the austerity and conservatism of the 1950s-early 1960s and the more middle class or bourgeois hippie movement and peace and love ethos of the mid to late 1960s. Skinheads were instead drawn towards more working class outsider subcultures, incorporating elements of mod fashion and black Jamaican music and fashion, especially from Jamaican rude boys. In the earlier stages of the movement, a considerable overlap existed between early skinhead subculture, mod subculture, and the rude boy subculture found among Jamaican British and Jamaican immigrant youth, as these three groups interacted and fraternized with each other within the same working class and poor neighborhoods in Britain. As skinheads adopted elements of mod subculture and Jamaican British and Jamaican immigrant rude boy subculture, both first and second generation skins were influenced by the heavy, repetitive rhythms of dub and ska, as well as rocksteady, reggae, bluebeat, and African-American soul music.

Members of the second generation in the 1980s were often ex-punks; however, many of these second generation ex-punk skinheads, though fans of ska and reggae like the previous generation of skinheads, continued to listen to and create punk music and were heavily involved in the punk movement. Skinhead subculture has remained closely connected with and has overlapped with punk subculture ever since. 1980s skins were closely aligned with first wave punk, working class Oi! and street punk, ska, reggae, 2 Tone ska, ska punk, dub, anarchists and anarcho-punks, and hardcore punk. Contemporary skinhead fashions range from clean-cut 1960s mod-influenced styles to less-strict punk- and hardcore-influenced styles.

Do you at least know rude boys were gangsters? You might want to research SHARPs (SkinHeads Against Racial Prejudice)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    IMG_1312-640x418.jpg

Submolecular Blanco

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That's a dodge. You didn't address anything.

You pull up a post from a few days ago and start it again. At about the same time as my initial posting which you've brought forward, I put in a reference to a violence research project which you might have missed. Go back and read that. I am NOT re-starting up a 3 day old argument. You can google "violence from the right" and probably see the research project listed on the first page.

My subject for the weekend is: Did Disco mark the end of Rock 'n Roll?

:)

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You pull up a post from a few days ago and start it again. At about the same time as my initial posting which you've brought forward, I put in a reference to a violence research project which you might have missed. Go back and read that. I am NOT re-starting up a 3 day old argument. You can google "violence from the right" and probably see the research project listed on the first page.

My subject for the weekend is: Did Disco mark the end of Rock 'n Roll?

:)

Yes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Negative, Ghostrider. As soon as young heterosexual men realized it wasn't about more and better sex for them, but instead was entertainment for the ten percent seeing just how many hoops they could get them to jump through in pursuit of that goal, it began to lose its popularity. Remember, coke used to be expensive

The heart of rock and roll (the blues) is still beating

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Negative, Ghostrider. As soon as young heterosexual men realized it wasn't about more and better sex for them, but instead was entertainment for the ten percent seeing just how many hoops they could get them to jump through in pursuit of that goal, it began to lose its popularity. Remember, coke used to be expensive

The Bee-Gee's were the anti Christ.....:laugh:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would say no. Popular music is a reflection of pop culture. Rock used to be the popular music. Pop culture nust moved on from rock. It wants something with a good beat that you can dance to. Whose gonna dance to the deeper musical expression of Rock?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Why do you hate Boy George and Culture Club?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What? You were talking about the TEA Party and now you're talking about...what?

But anyway, as to your new goalpost, you're taking a lot of interpretive license there to concoct a more violent left than the right.

Authoritarians are violent whether left or right. Maybe just say that. But no. You gotta find some "at least my side..." nonsense.

I wasn't a big fan of what the TEA Party became, but they weren't very authoritarian, nor violent as a rule. There is an Antifa comparable fringe on the right wing. Antifa is to the left as Neo-Nazi/skin heads are to the right. So you pick the TEA Party as Antifa's counterpart? Thing is, the neo nazi types have far less support among the people on the right, but CNN proclaims Antifa as heroes, and they get away with it. Why so few on the left can rightly identify the fringe on their side is a testament to how out of touch the left is with reality right now.

Given that antifa doesn't yet have a body count, I'd put them (in comparison) below skinhead nazis, and above the proud boys. And antifa is certainly leftist.

And as far as people out of touch with reality, you must have missed the occasions where membership here have tried to say that the current domestic versions of klan, and nazis are left-wing. They are equally "out of touch with reality," no?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom