• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    In there an English teacher in the room? Somebody needs an English teacher.

I had a 670 verbal on the GRE. Zero desire to teach it! Was told "you could do a Ph. D. in English" ugh......could not stand the thought of that. Would rather put my nuts on a dresser (just my nuts....)

So I'm no help here. No offense to any English teachers. In fact, I admire you !

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think your first sentence is right on. Most folks are that way and not by malice, it describes the human condition. I do think the media would latch on more if it were a woman or POC if for no other reason than it sells better. Not all murders make the news, so sure not all assualts do.
    Coworker of mine is a big time Trump zealot. She's gay, was run out her neighborhood. Told she wasn't really gay. After the election in 2016, she was pushed out of a moving cab after expressing her support for the win. Never dawned on her to call the media. And absolutely cases like you mentioned occur and don't get reported.

Are any of these names familiar to you? Baby Jessica, Jonbenet Ramsey, Caylee Anthony? If so, which ones?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I had a 670 verbal on the GRE. Zero desire to teach it! Was told "you could do a Ph. D. in English" ugh......could not stand the thought of that. Would rather put my nuts on a dresser (just my nuts....)

So I'm no help here. No offense to any English teachers. In fact, I admire you !

Well damn!

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

My daughter is an English teacher in Hartford City. Valedictorian. Cuma Sum Laude. U of E and Halifax University England.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My daughter is an English teacher in Hartford City. Valedictorian. Cuma Sum Laude. U of E and Halifax University England.

Well tell her there are plenty of people out this way that could benefit from taking a class or two from her.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It is truly sad that a large part of this statement is the truth. I wish it wasn't so but it is.

To an extent its true for all of us. That's why I carry a gun. But the implication made previously was a bit more sweeping and insidious. It was victim blaming without coming right out and saying it in so many words.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    They should know better than to go out in public without taking precautions. Right? I read that on INGO.

The logical conclusion to that line of thought is the victim bears some responsibility for being attacked. Right?

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Karma dude. You **** with the universe and the universe ****s with you.

You've been staring into the hate abyss for a long time. Perhaps you ought to hand it off. Or take a break. Or go easy on substances.

Wow

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    They should know better than to go out in public without taking precautions. Right? I read that on INGO.

The logical conclusion to that line of thought is the victim bears some responsibility for being attacked. Right?

Her fault. Her skirt was too short... ;)

Can't help but notice that the nevertrumpers don't hold women with much regard either. :twocents:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I would say that to ANYBODY.... doubly so for people that are public figures. At the end of the day, you are responsible for your OWN safety. Am I the only one that understands that the world isn't full of unicorns and rainbows. That's a FAR cry from saying people who don't do the preceding, and are victimized, were "deserving it." I suspect you know that though... though I could be wrong.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Her fault. Her skirt was too short... ;)

Can't help but notice that the nevertrumpers don't hold women with much regard either. :twocents:

So you're saying you're a feminist? Because if you aren't a feminist, you don't hold women in high regard.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I would say that to ANYBODY.... doubly so for people that are public figures. At the end of the day, you are responsible for your OWN safety. Am I the only one that understands that the world isn't full of unicorns and rainbows. That's a FAR cry from saying people who don't do the preceding, and are victimized, were "deserving it." I suspect you know that though... though I could be wrong.

It's the tone of your posts dude. You were only about a millimeter away from saying "well that's what he gets for not taking extra precautions" as though he somehow deserved it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To an extent its true for all of us. That's why I carry a gun. But the implication made previously was a bit more sweeping and insidious. It was victim blaming without coming right out and saying it in so many words.

:bs: Given the absolute failure being exhibited in the English usage and understanding, I doubt many here should be attempting to determine implications. Save that stuff for people well-seasoned in the language.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

You are missing the forest because of the trees...

You are dismissing the fact that they SHOULD NOT have to protect themselves just because of their speech.

You are legitimizing the attackers position by saying their response is understandable given the speech they don’t like.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's the tone of your posts dude. You were only about a millimeter away from saying "well that's what he gets for not taking extra precautions" as though he somehow deserved it.

No, it's people that simply want to disagree with me, because it was me. I purposefully added liberal talking heads in that original post, to avoid the suggestion that I was saying "they got what they deserved." Obviously, I should have known that wasn't going to work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom