• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    When the president comes out and literally tells his supporters to seek out democrats wherever they may be, get in their face, be rude to them and disrupt their lives in any way possible, then this argument might carry some weight. Can you show me an example of that? That rises above the level of "an inflammatory remark".

Why do you equate the actions of the extreme left with that of middle of the road democrats? Once again, generalizations make no sense. It shows a lack of understanding of the scope and scale of radical efforts. You buy the media reports? They sell blood and fear. I have not seen one demonstrator in my town in the 14 or so years I've been here. I know a bunch of people, some of whom I know have very progressive ideas. We never talk politics. We never mention anyone, not even Trump. We go about our day to day. That's it.

If someone told me to go do something (like harass other Americans), I suspect my reaction would be similar to yours if the demand was made on you. I'd tell them to **** off and get out of my American Talking Distance space. That space is mine and they shall not trespass.

On the issue of unemployment, I look at trends. It is too early to see the real effects on the economy from the tax cut. As to unemployment, the trend continues.

171120131302-chart-unemployment-2017-780x439.jpg

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He's right about too-soon-to-tell about the tax cuts. We need to wait until after April 2019.

The economy is doing well overall, for now.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why do you equate the actions of the extreme left with that of middle of the road democrats? Once again, generalizations make no sense. It shows a lack of understanding of the scope and scale of radical efforts. You buy the media reports? They sell blood and fear. I have not seen one demonstrator in my town in the 14 or so years I've been here. I know a bunch of people, some of whom I know have very progressive ideas. We never talk politics. We never mention anyone, not even Trump. We go about our day to day. That's it.

If someone told me to go do something (like harass other Americans), I suspect my reaction would be similar to yours if the demand was made on you. I'd tell them to **** off and get out of my American Talking Distance space. That space is mine and they shall not trespass.

On the issue of unemployment, I look at trends. It is too early to see the real effects on the economy from the tax cut. As to unemployment, the trend continues.

171120131302-chart-unemployment-2017-780x439.jpg

What are you doing Alpo? Don't you know that like 99.5% of people can't read chart, as well as their own taxes. Hell, I'm not even sure they can even read their own paychecks.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

*SNIP*

I get that there are extremes to both sides. The difference I see is that the extremists on the left (ANTIFA, BLM, etc.) seem to have a much more sympathetic "middle" than do the exremists on the right. To the degree that it happens at all, the right seems to be better at keeping their extremists in check, or at least calling them out on their bad behavior. I would love to see the extremists of both sides shouted down (by their own side as well as the opposing side) to the point that they are no longer relevant and let the adults in the room (the middle of each side) get to the business of working for the country and not against each other.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    What are you doing Alpo? Don't you know that like 99.5% of people can't read chart, as well as their own taxes. Hell, I'm not even sure they can even read their own paychecks.

There you go again, Kut, impugning the intelligence of INGO members in general and particularly those who don’t genuflect to your (self-acknowledged) intellectual and moral superiority. Condescend much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There you go again, Kut, impugning the intelligence of INGO members in general and particularly those who don’t genuflect to your (self-acknowledged) intellectual and moral superiority. Condescend much?

Do you expect anything different?

Why bother?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Much of this talk is bull****. Life in America is better now, than it was under obama. You want higher taxes, ****ing move to Californication. I employ people. I pay for their health care. I take the risk. Every day, for thirty two years. I provide products that people, real people, find to be helpful to accomplish their business goals. **** academia, I pay actual taxes. And now, I need a cup of coffee. Good Morning, everyone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Much of this talk is bull****. Life in America is better now, than it was under obama. You want higher taxes, ****ing move to Californication. I employ people. I pay for their health care. I take the risk. Every day, for thirty two years. I provide products that people, real people, find to be helpful to accomplish their business goals. **** academia, I pay actual taxes. And now, I need a cup of coffee. Good Morning, everyone.

In this I totally agree. Protected classes. Special interests. Idiot vagina wearing woman marching and not really sure for what. They are diverting attention and feeding the media click bait revenue generating propaganda machine.
    Wake up. Look around.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Are you in that 99.5%, or are you saying most of the INGO membership is? Funny how this complaint wasn't raised earlier, when another member made a similar claim.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I learned on INGO that about 99% of people wouldn't understand Trump's taxes.

Seemed like that's what Kut was referring to.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Are you in that 99.5%, or are you saying most of the INGO membership is? Funny how this complaint wasn't raised earlier, when another member made a similar claim.

Not funny. Maybe I didn’t see it? Or maybe I didn’t care?

Are you feeling singled out?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm patiently waiting for some of our liberal members to post pictures of their large charity donations this year. What better way to protest Trump than to donate their additional income from his tax cut to a worthy cause.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom