2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Polarizing figures

Anyone that has a microphone and an opinion. I remember the story of Jim Acosta being shouted out of a fine dining restaurant in DC.

should take the extra steps to ensure their, and their family's safety.

Are we talking armed security guards. A waste of money for Progressives (though they are likely to have it) since they do not get accosted by conservatives in public.

I wouldn't wish harm on anyone, but I'm sane. There are a lot of crazy people out there,

You are an Uncommon leftist.

that folks like Carlson, Maddow, Hannity, Lemon,

I know you listed a couple of people that you believe conservatives disagree with, But you know as well as we do that no one is going to accost them or their families in public or attack their homes.

or any of their ilk

Urban dictionary. The original usage was not derogatory, however it is normally used in a derogatory manner today.

[FONT=&amp]ilk[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Pronoun. Represents a group of items of the same type. Has a connotation of the typed group being of bad or questionable character.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Don't get involved with those of that ilk.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]#type#group#relation#gang#mob[/FONT]

should be conscious of the situations they put themselves in,

These people should not be allowed to go to a restaurant or a Country Club. They should only be allowed to stay in the confines of their own homes, where they won't bother anyone or be accosted by mobs.

OH :poop:.

more so than the average person.

Is that a good enough reading of your printed words Kut? I believe I captured the context pretty well. Please correct me if I inferred anything you did not mean.

I do want to say that I do infer an attempt to show moral equivalence between the right and the left, by listing Maddow and Lemon, although you can show no instances of them or their families being accosted in public.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    "Enemy of the People" used against Fake News organizations because they keep reporting political leaning crap and the term "verify your source" is a practice that is now nonexistent.
    What I find disturbing is when they go ahead with a story that they know is made up and they even write a one liner to affirm it's made up, but it works with what them are going with that week.

Agenda driven news is NOT news.

All of you anti-Trumpers know exactly what he means when he uses that term because he has clarified it many times over.

Making something out of nothing just to fit your agenda? Mmm... Sounds like fake news to me.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Alpo, how about saying the press is the enemy of the republic? Because most of the media are.

I think the change came when the news departments of major networks were shifted into profit centers. I'm pretty disgusted by the press and most of the internet "reporters"/pundits. But, freedom of speech is the first and perhaps most important right in our Constitution. Clearly, the press is abusing that right. I don't have a solution other than shutting the TV off and not believing almost all of what is written by them.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    "Enemy of the People" used against Fake News organizations because they keep reporting political leaning crap and the term "verify your source" is a practice that is now nonexistent.
    What I find disturbing is when they go ahead with a story that they know is made up and they even write a one liner to affirm it's made up, but it works with what them are going with that week.

Agenda driven news is NOT news.

All of you anti-Trumpers know exactly what he means when he uses that term because he has clarified it many times over.

Making something out of nothing just to fit your agenda? Mmm... Sounds like fake news to me.

My "agenda" is to have a president that I can admire and that stands steadfast against the enemies of this country and who carefully chooses his words.

I admired Reagan, and Bush 41 and (generally) Bush 43, because they patterned their presidencies along the lines of the great presidents of the past (even if they fell short of that goal at times). I admired Nixon in many ways despite his paranoia.

Trump doesn't even make it into the mud room in that house.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think the change came when the news departments of major networks were shifted into profit centers. I'm pretty disgusted by the press and most of the internet "reporters"/pundits. But, freedom of speech is the first and perhaps most important right in our Constitution. Clearly, the press is abusing that right. I don't have a solution other than shutting the TV off and not believing almost all of what is written by them.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My "agenda" is to have a president that I can admire and that stands steadfast against the enemies of this country and who carefully chooses his words.

I admired Reagan, and Bush 41 and (generally) Bush 43, because they patterned their presidencies along the lines of the great presidents of the past (even if they fell short of that goal at times). I admired Nixon in many ways despite his paranoia.

Also sadly true.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

So you can't get past the hate to see any of the positive that he's doing for this country? :dunno:

The fact that he's pissing off all the right people did it for me. I couldn't be happier.
    Well I could actually be happier if the left would just stop trying to block all the good stuff I hired him to do but that's politics.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yeah I dont know what the answer is either other than not listening myself but other vulnerable people will not do that. This is why I admire the president for standing up. Unconventional tactics are necessary now. If the press wants to start telling the truth without opinionated input (good and bad) then maybe the president can tone it down then.
    No one is throwing reporters in jail. That was under Obama wasnt it? Seriously asking because I cant remeber which president it was under.
    Trump hasnt violated the law against the 1st amendment.
    I dont understand the outrage other than hes making people not buy their BS hook line and sinker. That's why the media is butthurt.

I dont want a figurehead as my president. Like past recent presidents. I want a president who can run the executive branch like trump is doing. Even when many many many employees within the agencies are thwarting his efforts and being insubordinate. I like the job hes doing for the country and economy. I dont care if he isnt a great public speaker or politically correct. I like it. I like that he stands up when people disrespect the office and him. I like that he stands up for ME as an American and a veteran. I like that he is going to stop or work on stopping the constant illegal invasion. I like that he cares about rule of law and making sure our cops have the tools they need to do their jobs and the respect again from the DOJ. Yeah a lot more swamp needs drained but come on, it would take a lifetime to drain it all. It didnt get swampy overnight. The SWAMP is crying and fighting back and that tells me he is doing a great job.
    I cannot believe the complete lack of decorum by the press when they are asking the president questions and he is responding. He is the ****ing president. They arent acting professional at all.
    Yeah we have a lot of problems. But I love this guy. People can call me a trump fluffer or whatever other name they want. I AM a freethinker and not just a blind follower. I still do not trust the government. The agencies are the problems. Congress is the problem. Huge media networks who are paid by corporations to influence elections IS the problem. The lack of fair and balanced press is the problem.
    The president isnt the problem

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So you can't get past the hate to see any of the positive that he's doing for this country? :dunno:

The fact that he's pissing off all the right people did it for me. I couldn't be happier.
    Well I could actually be happier if the left would just stop trying to block all the good stuff I hired him to do but that's politics.

I don't "hate" him. I can't stand him. There is a difference.

The thing you seem to miss is: he could be a GREAT president if he did all the "good stuff" you believe he is doing, and kept his ****ing mouth shut most of the time. A president should have few words and they should mean something when said. Trump is a potty mouth and has no idea what a statesman is.

Being more presidential would pull in more voters to his side.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch...hirds-us-terrorism-tied-right-wing-extremists

Let's set the rhetoric aside, shall we? Both far sides of the political spectrum are animals. I don't think you would do such a thing, and I really don't think you believe I would do it either. So why label that which isn't far right or far left part of the problem?
    I think at times we tend to take things abit too personal with the partisan bickering when in reality both sides are actually referring to the extremists.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    TT: I wouldn't just shut out one CNN reporter if I was president. I'd kick ALL of them out of the White House. I'd hold press briefings less frequently and on one side of the fence whilst they stood on the other. If I didn't like the question, I'd put my hands in my coat, turn around, and head back to the warmth of the office.

If the press behave like animals, put them beyond the fence.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    TT: I wouldn't just shut out one CNN reporter if I was president. I'd kick ALL of them out of the White House. I'd hold press briefings less frequently and on one side of the fence whilst they stood on the other. If I didn't like the question, I'd put my hands in my coat, turn around, and head back to the warmth of the office.

If the press behave like animals, put them beyond the fence.
    I was going to actualy say the same thing but I forgot to add it.

I think Trump needs to close the briefing room and just issue paper statements through Sarah Sanders. No more free flights on Air Force One for the press. No more grandstanding opportunities in the Brady press room.
    And Trump can do less one on one interviews too in my opinion even with fox.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Kennedy started this hot tub party. Time for Trump to close it down. There is no need for daily briefings with the availability of the internet.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

The thing you seem to miss is: he could be a GREAT president if he did all the "good stuff" you believe he is doing, and kept his ****ing mouth shut most of the time. A president should have few words and they should mean something when said. Trump is a potty mouth and has no idea what a statesman is.

An economy that’s on the rise used to be a winning message in an election. (“It’s the economy stupid”) but that message didn’t resonate with enough voters this time to carry the day.

There was a reason it didn’t. The positives were muted by the negative.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

I rest my case. :):

I didn't hire him to be presidential. I hired him to move this country in a better direction. He's knocked off more things on my list in the first month than I'd ever hoped for.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom