Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I think that's a reach, the intent was probably more the lines of "put them in a bad place," which the comment typically implies.

What exactly do you think that "bad place" is? Put them up against the wall typically means to "line them up and shoot them". You are reaching to defend a totalitarian. There are *many* reference out there, but the one in the urban dictionary will do:

Referring to a firing squad and many gun-execution vidoes, "Up against the wall emphasizes your will for the other person to die

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think that's a reach, the intent was probably more the lines of "put them in a bad place," which the comment typically implies.

Caveat: I'm old. I might have to side with But on this, to the extent of acknowledging other meanings exist

"Up against the wall mother******" also referred to the cops placing an individual (often a protester) under arrest, came from the hands on the wall, feet back and spread them preface to a pat down and arrest

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Caveat: I'm old. I might have to side with But on this, to the extent of acknowledging other meanings exist

"Up against the wall mother******" also referred to the cops placing an individual (often a protester) under arrest, came from the hands on the wall, feet back and spread them preface to a pat down and arrest

Then you are incorrect. That does not fit the context that Greta was using.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Yup.

But seriously peoples.....the under current of the SJW is always about violent action.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

There’s a video of what she said. “...we will have to put them against the wall so that they will have to do their job...”

The way it’s quoted in the article sounds like if world leaders don’t do what they ask, it’s the firing squad for them. But, when you hear what she actually said, it’s obviously not that. When you put someone against the wall to shoot them, it’s to shoot them. There’s no expectation that they’d then be left to do their job. Obviously it’s not in the context of what it’s made to sound like.

However, Greta should **** off and go back to school and learn more about the world, really, before she thinks she has any right to say what world leaders should do. Time to grow up Greta.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Have you ever been asked to do something that you couldn’t because of circumstances, and you say, “my back is against the wall”. You’re not saying you’re literally facing a firing squad. Listen to the video. She’s not threatening them with death. English isn’t her first language. I’d not assume she means what people are inferring uncharitably.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Interesting.(Spock) Sometimes we (royal) give a bit of latitude to the speaker (Greta) and that is OK.

Other time we (Kut) read the worst possible interpretation into the words of another. (Trump)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Interesting.(Spock) Sometimes we (royal) give a bit of latitude to the speaker (Greta) and that is OK.

Other time we (Kut) read the worst possible interpretation into the words of another. (Trump)

No ****.

If Trump had tweeted: "We're going to put the democrats up against the wall if they don't drop impeachment immediately." it would be 24/7 Trump wants to kill his opponents in the media and here.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Interesting. Sometimes (always) we (the KDS crowd) find a way to make something personal, when wrong.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You only enter my mind when I read one of your posts, whereas it seems that Trump gets free rent in yours.

In the case of Greta you give her the benefit of the doubt when her words are taken in context, which is absolutely fine. there are those that would publish her words out of context and make it sound as bad as possible. There is no real journalism on any side today.

On the other hand you said trump had demanded a quid pro quo, even after the transcript was released. This is something that the impeachment inquisitors could not prove, hard as they tried.

Do you still believe that Trump started the practice of putting kids in cages? No? Who did?

Answer: Under the Obama administration. See I didn't say Obama. He probably read about it in some ten thousand page report. I won't even say that he is responsible for it. The President oversees a couple hundred thousand employees.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think it’s best to give the speaker the benefit of doubt, and leave it up to the speaker to remove the doubt. A lot of times where people have interpreted Trump uncharitably, it’s for a couple of reasons.

Trump is a good storyteller, and I mean that as a complement. He’s a good communicator in that he’s interesting and charismatic. But he’s not a great speaker. He uses colloquial language, which is easy to take the wrong way. So it’s partly his own doing. However, the people who want to see him fail are quite eager to believe the least charitable interpretation and reluctant to believe the most charitable.

A great example of that is, “they’re sending their worst.” People took that as racist, as Trump saying all Mexican immigrants are the worst people. That was a very uncharitable and incorrect interpretation. The language was really awkward. But that’s clearly not what he was saying.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You only enter my mind when I read one of your posts, whereas it seems that Trump gets free rent in yours.

In the case of Greta you give her the benefit of the doubt when her words are taken in context, which is absolutely fine. there are those that would publish her words out of context and make it sound as bad as possible. There is no real journalism on any side today.

On the other hand you said trump had demanded a quid pro quo, even after the transcript was released. This is something that the impeachment inquisitors could not prove, hard as they tried.

Do you still believe that Trump started the practice of putting kids in cages? No? Who did?

Answer: Under the Obama administration. See I didn't say Obama. He probably read about it in some ten thousand page report. I won't even say that he is responsible for it. The President oversees a couple hundred thousand employees.

I see you must keep the published copies of my INGO posts on your nightstand, lol. There are FAR most posts of you referencing me, without me even participating in a thread, than the other away around... if at all on my part. Feel free to fact check.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I personally believe that Greta is a pawn being used by handlers. Her personality/delivery is offputting. I do not like her as a person and am opposed to her (not really hers) message.

I can see that what she said was not a threat of violence and see how some attempted to make it out to be.

My point is that some will always look for the most derogatory/inflammatory way to take Trumps words. No matter how much it is debunked. There is no reasoning with them.

The term is implacable.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    A few more years and she will be running for political office.
    Nah. In a few years she’ll be an adult, and no use to the democrats anymore. They like to use children to push their aganda, because they can make them say the most off the wall BS, and if you tell them they’re saying off the wall BS then you’re a POS for calling out a child. It’s all in their playbook. She will be trying her best to stay relevant, much like David Hogg in a couple years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom