• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Unless the entire blogosphere gets included, then he's basically introducing a step towards federal licensure of journalists.

I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Citing threats, violence against journalists, Sen. Richard Blumenthal proposes bill making threatening or attacking "anyone doing fact gathering or news operations" a federal crime.

Why? Is there someplace where such violence isn't a crime? Is there some need for another law?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Beto says that Churches, Colleges and Charities that do not accept same sex marriage will lose their tax exempt status.

Violence by the power of the gun.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Even I ready that "guillotine" quote as a thinly veiled threat...

What veil? Explicit threat to kill.

"Planning to shut down your showing..." is a threat of to use force.

"...we do not want any harm to come to your place of worship or those within. However, we cannot allow..." A variation of the "nice little place you got here, shame if anything happened to it." More threat of violence.

I'm sure the Mounties in Canada and the FBI in the US will get right on this.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Citing threats, violence against journalists, Sen. Richard Blumenthal proposes bill making threatening or attacking "anyone doing fact gathering or news operations" a federal crime.

It's getting to be a real stretch believing that journalists gather facts these days.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Masba society we cant allow people who couldn’t recognize real ass fascism if they looked in the mirror dictate what is allowed. Politicians in power, chiefs of police , mayors, governors, need to grow a pair and tell these terrorists, enough. You’re done. Water cannons. Batons. Tasers. Jack boots. Whatever. Don’t want none? Don’t start none. Crack down on political violence.

Hard to get what’s necessary done when so many of these politicians are honorary antifa themselves.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Masba society we cant allow people who couldn’t recognize real ass fascism if they looked in the mirror dictate what is allowed. Politicians in power, chiefs of police , mayors, governors, need to grow a pair and tell these terrorists, enough. You’re done. Water cannons. Batons. Tasers. Jack boots. Whatever. Don’t want none? Don’t start none. Crack down on political violence.

Hard to get what’s necessary done when so many of these politicians are honorary antifa themselves.

It seems that a substantial number of politicians seek to use the “Antifa” types as shock troops to destroy all those who don’t subscribe to the collectivist manifesto, figuring they can control their shock troops afterwards (after dealing with all but the most committed shock troops the way the SA was dealt with).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Masba? Where the hell did I get that? Probably a typo. But I have no idea what I was trying to say there.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Masba? Where the hell did I get that? Probably a typo. But I have no idea what I was trying to say there.
    I was thinking WTH is “Masba society”?

Another new term that I’m behind the curve on?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom