Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Words have meaning and are constantly being misused? Yes, by all means we should either stop using them or use them properly.

Lets start with “decimated”. It should mean “to reduce by 10%”. Instead it’s used when they really meant “obliterated” because they were trying to say something was destroyed. “Paradise, CA was decimated by the wildfire when it burned to the ground”

How Whovian.

[video=youtube;5UQtLzWZ6D8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UQtLzWZ6D8[/video]

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Since it was originally a punishment for showing cowardice in battle, perhaps the left believes they all would be killed if it were applied to them

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm pretty sure you're just skimming my posts. I clearly said that it is possible that the people saying it are ignorant of how it has been used, or know of it and don't care. (Among other options.) I also pointed out that meanings evolve.

If you want to dilute "eradicated" too, then we can also say that "eradicated" doesn't mean "dead." It means, "have their influence removed from society" like printcraft wants. The "eradicated" dude could just as easily qualify his meaning in the same way others are diluting "enemy of the people" to reach a moral equivalency of "it isn't really that bad."

I'm not saying that, because I think that would be a distortion. But your apologist approach certainly allows for it.

I do not think it a waste of time to encourage people to use words that mean what they intend.

I'm pretty sure you're just skimming my posts. I clearly said it doesn't matter how it has been used historically. It's a common enough sentiment in vary wide ranging contexts. I don't see why we should let Stalin own a phrase that is used in many more contexts than that. Now, if it's a phrase that is uniquely used, well sure. Like "when we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope we use", Stalin owns that one with a clear title.

I don't want to dilute "eradicated". Since we're talking about what is morally equivalent to what he said, I want to evaluate it in the way he most likely meant it. Rasa Aslan thinks that all Trump supporters are racists and and violence done to them is justified. We can agree to disagree, but there is no moral equivalence between his "eradicated" and Trumpers' "the enemy" or whatever.

It's a waste of time to push red herrings like saying someone owns some words that can be used to mean things much different, therefore no one can ever use them again.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    In that they do not have the best interests of The American people The #resist MSM are the enemy of the people.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    PLOUFFE-TWEET-13.jpg

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    ICE has been demonized and detention facilities are now concentration camps. Unfortunately, I don't see this as the last such attack.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It's amazing how we're in the midst of a violent campaign against government offices and corporate media isn't uttering a peep about it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    ICE has been demonized and detention facilities are now concentration camps. Unfortunately, I don't see this as the last such attack.

When the media portrays it that way, and it incites violence because someone believes what was reported, those responsible should not be able to hide behind the 1st amendment.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When the media portrays it that way, and it incites violence because someone believes what was reported, those responsible should not be able to hide behind the 1st amendment.

I realize that the media is complicit, but I think it's time for ANTIFA to be declared a terrorist organization. I realize they have no "centralized command", but it's clear that they consider themselves a singular movement or "organization" if you will. At least it might give law enforcement a little more lee-way in handling them.

It blows me away (using the recent events in Bloomington as an example) that local governments allow the activities of a group like this, but freak out over someone selling some vegetables (which had nothing to do with their political views). Pretty sure they weren't wearing white hoods while selling their vegetables, but ANTIFA protesters cover their faces. I think it's clear which group is more dangerous.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Funny how the Feds still figure "right wing" is more likely to be a danger.

It looks to me like the danger posed by the right wing is mostly individual. Some nutter wants to spark a white revolution, or maybe some anti-abortion nutter bombs a clinic or shoots a bunch of people in or around a bunch of people. But the left has those kinds of nutters too. The more dangerous thing about the left is the group violence, but especially the cover that the left establishment gives their foot soldiers.

The right usually can identify bad behaviors and condemn the actions of its nutters. The left embraces its nutters as if they are freedom fighters! Most troubling is when they misidentify honest dissenters as scum of the earth. These people shouldn't be trusted deciding anything when they imagine Nazis all around. Frankly (meaning by use of jackboots) they should be institutionalized until they’ve been deprogrammed and are ready to rejoin the sane society.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Jamil: You seem to be in a bad mood. Miss your curb-stomping class yesterday? :)

Of all the things I worry about, antifa and KKK cage fights are pretty low on the list.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Funny how the Feds still figure "right wing" is more likely to be a danger.

Most of us realize that evil exists on "both" sides. The left (along with a number of FUDDs and BUTTERs on the right) thinks disarming law abiding people will stop evil. Most of us (here anyway) know this is suicide.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Jamil: You seem to be in a bad mood. Miss your curb-stomping class yesterday? :)

Of all the things I worry about, antifa and KKK cage fights are pretty low on the list.
    I don’t worry about antifa or kkk. But there seems to be a lot of bat**** crazy people with influence pushing the idea that Democrats are the good guys, Republicans are the bad guy and therefore must be silenced by violence if necessary. But nevermind. You can go back to your midday nap. Didn’t mean to wake you. But since you’re up, maybe you can pass the hours finishing up that crossword puzzle until dinner time. Maybe they’ll serve jello.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    BLM is at it again.
    An upstanding citizen and angel in the eye's of his mother committed suicide by cop and now they have to protest.

I must say, I grew up in the LA area driving a cop magnet. My car looked like it was speeding while parked. For years I drove it with straight thru pipes. You could hear it start from blocks away. Had that car for over 20 years and I got followed and pulled over all the time. And I mean all the time. Not once did I try to run from the police in my car. (too easy) ...or get out and start running.... or meet them with a knife in my hand.

And if I had done any of these things, I sure wouldn't expect people to protest the police for doing their job because I was in the wrong.

Why is this suppose to be the norm?

I put this here because we need to keep a close eye out for these BLM guys. I don't want a repeat of all the other "Peaceful" riots they have started though the years now.

Oh... and he Facebook Live Feeded it... (whatever that means)

[video=youtube;HIrNS_tg2Yg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIrNS_tg2Yg[/video]

RIP Thug
    5NPeMYl.gif

https://heavy.com/news/2019/09/brian-quinones/

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The Atomwaffen Division of neo-nazis popped up in my feed. (Awkward.) Apparently the federales are getting arresty about the group.

Didn't realize how much actual mayhem those guys were involved in. Actual and planned.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    WH official confirms: Trump has invited Erdogan to the WH on Nov 13th.

State dinner entertainment to feature Erdogan bodyguards beating up more American protesters

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Citing threats, violence against journalists, Sen. Richard Blumenthal proposes bill making threatening or attacking "anyone doing fact gathering or news operations" a federal crime.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Citing threats, violence against journalists, Sen. Richard Blumenthal proposes bill making threatening or attacking "anyone doing fact gathering or news operations" a federal crime.

Well..
    That pretty much leaves out most of the reporters working now days. I haven't seen "Fact Gathering" in a long time.

Maybe if the mainstream media would start actually reporting the facts and stop pushing their agendas, they might not be getting any threats.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom