• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    And to think they wanted to crucify Sarah Palin over that "crosshairs" hubub over Gabby Giffords' shooting (which of course had nothing to do with her being shot). I'm guessing today's liberal elite have no problem with this film though. It's probably got them salivating like Pavlov's dogs.

Well it looks like the "deplorable's" kick some booty back....From the screenplay....

[FONT=&quot]"Did anyone see what our ratf**ker-in-chief just did?" one character asks early in the screenplay for [/FONT]The Hunt[FONT=&quot], a Universal Pictures thriller set to open Sept. 27. Another responds: "At least The Hunt's coming up. Nothing better than going out to the Manor and slaughtering a dozen deplorables."[/FONT]

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well it looks like the "deplorable's" kick some booty back....From the screenplay....

[FONT=&amp]"Did anyone see what our ratf**ker-in-chief just did?" one character asks early in the screenplay for [/FONT]The Hunt[FONT=&amp], a Universal Pictures thriller set to open Sept. 27. Another responds: "At least The Hunt's coming up. Nothing better than going out to the Manor and slaughtering a dozen deplorables."[/FONT]

I know it's just a movie, but this is not far off from what actually has been posted by some of these leftist wackjobs, with absolutely no condemnation from the left. Can you imagine if even a watered-down version were posted by a conservative about the opposite point of view? That's assuming it even survived 5 minutes online once TwitFace's algorithms discovered it and shot it down.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    OK... Check this out.

Triggers. Right? Triggers is now a common catch phrase among leftest morons that need safe places BUT trigger used to actually mean something before that. It is basically the same thing but not as dramatic. I'm going to use it because it fits this subject perfectly.

Triggers. Things that can motivate, stimulate and make future psycho murderers snap.
    - Hunting - Learning to hunt with dad or whomever, killing, butchering, skinning, etc...
    - Killing - Exploring the kill of small animals by themselves, torturing, experimenting, etc...
    - Horror Movies - Obsessively watch certain types of slasher films.
    - Violent Video Games - Gets off on playing certain types of games. Can't seem to get enough.
    - Physical Contact - Getting hit, bullied, hitting back, hitting girls, just enjoying hurting people.
    - Carnage - Witnessing or being in a car crash, researching other crashes, planes, explosions, holocausts, general suffering.
    - ETC...ETC...

Obviously some will defend some of all of these from the list. That's fine but you don't understand that this isn't the cause of the wackos problems. It's just a "Trigger" that helps set off some of these nut jobs. They are walking time bombs that need professional help. (or put down) They already have a screw loose from whatever reasons but some or all of these things can make them worse.

So when I hear people "Blame" video games or horror movies, I'm pretty sure this is what they really mean. If they truly are blaming these things as the main ingredient, then they are wrong.

BTW - If you are "Triggered" from this post, I'm sure there is playdough, crayons and coloring books in the kids room.
    k1jDRkm.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    OK... Check this out.

Triggers. Right? Triggers is now a common catch phrase among leftest morons that need safe places BUT trigger used to actually mean something before that. It is basically the same thing but not as dramatic. I'm going to use it because it fits this subject perfectly.

Triggers. Things that can motivate, stimulate and make future psycho murderers snap.
    - Hunting - Learning to hunt with dad or whomever, killing, butchering, skinning, etc...
    - Killing - Exploring the kill of small animals by themselves, torturing, experimenting, etc...
    - Horror Movies - Obsessively watch certain types of slasher films.
    - Violent Video Games - Gets off on playing certain types of games. Can't seem to get enough.
    - Physical Contact - Getting hit, bullied, hitting back, hitting girls, just enjoying hurting people.
    - Carnage - Witnessing or being in a car crash, researching other crashes, planes, explosions, holocausts, general suffering.
    - ETC...ETC...

Obviously some will defend some of all of these from the list. That's fine but you don't understand that this isn't the cause of the wackos problems. It's just a "Trigger" that helps set off some of these nut jobs. They are walking time bombs that need professional help. (or put down) They already have a screw loose from whatever reasons but some or all of these things can make them worse.

So when I hear people "Blame" video games or horror movies, I'm pretty sure this is what they really mean. If they truly are blaming these things as the main ingredient, then they are wrong.

BTW - If you are "Triggered" from this post, I'm sure there is playdough, crayons and coloring books in the kids room.
    k1jDRkm.gif
    There are only two definitions I'm interested in.
    1) The lever-type mechanism that initiates the firing sequence in a firearm
    2) The name of Roy Rogers' horse.
    :)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I like reruns of Gunsmoke. The buckskin that Matt Dillon rides is beautiful.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Apparently, six of those donors were also Castro donors. Wonder how many are lining up for lawsuits at this point?

From your link:
    Wayne Harwell, who gave $1,000 Joaquin Castro in 2011, then a state representative who would win his House seat the next year, emphasized his enduring financial support for Trump.

“I sure will not give to Castro any more,” he said. “Trump has helped our country have economic prosperity. I support his efforts although I may not support each word, I like the results of his efforts for America.”

Hopefully, there will be more people that feel the same.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Pretty amazing when you see it pulled together:

The Media Crossed a Line This Week and There’s No Going Back
    Bad things have happened throughout our history, but the venom with which one side is attacking the other over things they had nothing to do with has reached a new level in the modern era.
    Calling entire voting blocks white supremacists, doxxing donors, yelling for the death of a Senator, asserting Republicans want mass shootings to occur, threatening people for their political activities, asserting the President wants to exterminate a race – these are not the rantings of sane people looking for de-escalation of rhetoric. They are the drivers of escalation in our rhetoric and it’s reaching dangerous levels.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Did you ever see anything about how @tedfrank was 'persuaded' to take down his tweet?

He seems to believe the "curated" part of it was a bit much, and could be misconstrued as malicious, when there's not necessarily evidence to show it was done.

Though I did see Cernovich jump on it and come right out and say it, without question.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Not sure they can sue over public information being distributed. They can work hard to try to get Castro replaced in the next election though.

#1- You can sue anyone for anything, but being intentionally made a target for potential harm is a legitimate justification.
    #2- Castro's claim of not intending harm to these people doesn't pass the smell test. He intentionally dropped the names of multiple hispanic donors, so this list was consciously edited for his purposes. There is no way to claim that he just saw a list and republished it. If he didn't think this list would cause harm, why did he remove any names? He also (presumably unintentionally) harmed some of his own contributors.
    #3- He very clearly stated that they were contributing to "white supremacy and racism". How many people in a jury can you convince that wouldn't cause reputational harm?
    #4- He also included employers of various donors. What is the purpose of that information other than to cause economic harm?

Castro has a lot to answer for and I'm expecting a lot of lying to deceive the gullible.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    #1- You can sue anyone for anything, but being intentionally made a target for potential harm is a legitimate justification.
    #2- Castro's claim of not intending harm to these people doesn't pass the smell test. He intentionally dropped the names of multiple hispanic donors, so this list was consciously edited for his purposes. There is no way to claim that he just saw a list and republished it. If he didn't think this list would cause harm, why did he remove any names? He also (presumably unintentionally) harmed some of his own contributors.
    #3- He very clearly stated that they were contributing to "white supremacy and racism". How many people in a jury can you convince that wouldn't cause reputational harm?
    #4- He also included employers of various donors. What is the purpose of that information other than to cause economic harm?

Castro has a lot to answer for and I'm expecting a lot of lying to deceive the gullible.

I understand the way of the politician but this is way over the top. This man has no Honor. None. That we can not hold him accountable is a serious issue in my eyes. Very very serious.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I understand the way of the politician but this is way over the top. This man has no Honor. None. That we can not hold him accountable is a serious issue in my eyes. Very very serious.

So how long should the temp ban be for making public that which is already public? ;)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

You can try to sue, and you can have your case tossed out by the judge before it even starts. I'm pretty sure that is what would happen here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom