Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Similar to The Journal Post or some newspaper in New York publishing the names and addresses of licensed gun owners.

I'm sure the women in that list that were trying to escape a dangerous situation really enjoyed that.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    https://twitter.com/rezaaslan/status/1158160628592209920

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Reza Aslan
    After today there is no longer any room for nuance. The President is a white nationalist terror leader. His supporters - ALL OF THEM - are by definition white nationalist terror supporters. The MAGA hat is a KKK hood. And this evil, racist scourge must be eradicated from society.
    Eradicated.
    This chuckle head allowed himself to get whipped into a frenzy.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So the Twitter is good with that?
    The call for genocide of people because of a political view is ok?

WTF !

Kut,

Will you help hide our kind when they come for us?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    How did you make that jump?

That's the same logic that folks use for hate crimes.

"The President is a white nationalist terror leader. His supporters - ALL OF THEM - are by definition white nationalist terror supporters."

I would say Duck didn't have too far of a leap here.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Let me start this post by reiterating that I've always been against "hate crimes." A crime should be a crime. The emotions motivating it shouldn't matter.

However, I've thought "terrorism" was something that allowed for definition. While there may be different legal definitions depending on what entity is doing the defining, it seems to me to have 2 basic elements: violence for a political goal.

Now, VERY recently, I'm even more confused about what the difference is between a "hate crime" and "domestic terrorism." Shooting people who are a different "race" because they are a different race does not seem to have a political goal.

Shooting them for their political affiliation - maybe. The fewer living members of that political affiliation makes it less likely for them to get voted into office.

As most people do nowadays, I figured an anonymous single-hobby internet forum would be the perfect place for clarification. ;)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    "The President is a white nationalist terror leader. His supporters - ALL OF THEM - are by definition white nationalist terror supporters."

I would say Duck didn't have too far of a leap here.

So, if a white guy makes the same statement, then it's just as (in)valid, but not racist?

Like Kut said, there's a fair number of non-white Trump supporters this man wants "eradicated".

Is it racist to call for Clayton Bigsby to be eradicated?
    And if so, which race does the accuser need to be for it to be racist? :scratch:

You're usually pretty quick to claim some statement isn't racist, or to drecry someone as hearing false dog whistles, so why the change here?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Remember....
    A non-white guy is incapable of being a racist.
    A white guy is born a racist.

This is exactly what these professors are teaching students now days and the left is eating it up.
    Have you not been paying attention? :dunno:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So, if a white guy makes the same statement, then it's just as (in)valid, but not racist?

Like Kut said, there's a fair number of non-white Trump supporters this man wants "eradicated".

And if so, which race does the accuser need to be for it to be racist? :scratch:

You're usually pretty quick to claim some statement isn't racist, or to drecry someone as hearing false dog whistles, so why the change here?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate that reza asman wasn't referring to Clayton Bigsby...
    I doubt he truly believes anybody but whites support Trump, and if there are any supporters they are a vast vast minority.
    That's not who he is targeting here.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I think the problem was conflating "white nationalist supporters" with "white nationalists". Although I think you'd be hard pressed to find non-whites that support white nationalism. Except for Clayton Bigsby of course. ;) (One of my favorite Dave Chappelle skits.)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Public Service Announcement:

White Guys is not a voting bloc.

White Guys would never form a group called #WhiteGuysMatter and really mean it. It would probably be more like #WhiteGuys..Meh.

Look at this website. Substantially all White Guys. Other than the dude who bans people on the one hand and then gives them a cheeseburger with the other..we don't all get along. We never will. In fact, if one of these guys was caught in a carjacking unarmed....most here would say what William Munny said: "He shoulda armed himself." or worse.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate that reza asman wasn't referring to Clayton Bigsby...
    I doubt he truly believes anybody but whites support Trump, and if there are any supporters they are a vast vast minority.
    That's not who he is targeting here.

If that's indeed true (that he is calling for the eradication of all Trump supporters), then I think an argument could be made that it indeed crosses the line between "hate crime" (racist) and terrorism. He is calling for the eradication of an entire political group. Pretty much the textbook definition of terrorism. I harbor no illusion that he will be prosecuted for anything though. Now if a Trump supporter were to say that "all Democrats need to be eradicated", I have a feeling that they would not be given a pass.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Public Service Announcement:

White Guys is not a voting bloc.

White Guys would never form a group called #WhiteGuysMatter and really mean it. It would probably be more like #WhiteGuys..Meh.

Look at this website. Substantially all White Guys. Other than the dude who bans people on the one hand and then gives them a cheeseburger with the other..we don't all get along. We never will. In fact, if one of these guys was caught in a carjacking unarmed....most here would say what William Munny said: "He shoulda armed himself." or worse.
    You should inform the pollsters. How many polls have you seen that say something to the effect of, "Among white males, 51% favored... (whatever or whomever)". Just about any demographic can be subdivided into "voting blocs" statistically speaking.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I really hate being lumped into a stat or category.
    With that in mind...... NEVER date a psych major. I was put into a different category every night.
    pyMJzva.gif

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So in the past 24 hours

A Democrat running for President has posted the current Presidents supporters online calling them supporters of hate.

A mob forms outside of the Senate Majority Leaders house calling for somebody go stab him and nice things like that.

Classic Low Intensity Warfare

Spark, Spark, Spark

The President going to Dayton and El Paso let’s see what this dusts up?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom