INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Now do asthma

but Biden. Got it

I've seen dozens of "bone spurs" comments about Trump on this site but this is the FIRST mention of biden getting a deferment.

dVDJiez.gif

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Already made arrangements to be home the rest of the week after the elections. I don't look for much trouble here in Indiana, but disgruntled people throwing rocks can still damage our cars.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Vietnam was the knee in the curve of social justice. Vietnam took some of the steam out of the progress we could have made on race relations. In fact, to some extent, Vietnam contributed to discrimination based on race. Not many black 19 year olds were exempted for bone spurs.

And yet, although I haven't found a definitive source yet, 70% of black american draftee's were REJECTED

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    And yet, although I haven't found a definitive source yet, 70% of black american draftee's were REJECTED

Your number is consistent with WikiPedia...but that is only a piece of the puzzle.

Black Americans were more likely to be drafted than White Americans.[3] At the time, the Vietnam War saw the highest proportion of African-Americans soldiers.[2] Though comprising 11% of US population in 1967, African Americans were 16.3% of all draftees.[3] The majority of African Americans who were drafted were not conscripted, with 70% of Black draftees rejected from the Army.[4] In 1967, only 29% of African American subjects were eligible for conscription, compared to 63% of white subjects. That same year the armed services drafted 64% of the eligible African American subjects in comparison to the 31% of eligible white subjects drafted.[5]

Project 100,000, which helped dramatically increase US troop presence in Vietnam from 23,300 in 1965 to 465,600 two years later, sharply increased the number of African American troops drafted. By lowering the education standards of the draft, an estimated 40% of the 246,000 draftees of Project 100,000 were Black.[6] A total of 300,000 African-Americans served in Vietnam.[5] According to Daniel Lucks the reason behind the high turnout was the pay, which for many, was more than they had ever made in their lives, and that young African Americans "perceived military service as a vocational opportunity, and they had the additional incentive to enlist to prove on the battlefield that they were worthy of their newly acquired civil rights."[5]

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I don't care what Donald did or thought in 1960's. McCain served nobly then, but ultimately became petty and self-important and let that drive his politics to the detriment of the country. It's what the Donald thought and did for the last four years, and what he will do for the next four years that counts. Donald will raise up the nation. Biden's handlers will destroy it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've seen dozens of "bone spurs" comments about Trump on this site but this is the FIRST mention of biden getting a deferment.

The funny part is, I only really push back on anti-Trump sniping, for the most part, and it keeps me quite busy. The peeps that wish I would shut up should take their own advice, it will achieve the results they want

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well, we should all feel comfy... at least, the rich in NYC will be protected.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-city-luxury-buildings-armed-guards-election-day-unrest

New York’s ultra-rich are quietly preparing for civil unrest on Election Day — by hiring armed guards to stand watch over their luxury Manhattan buildings.

At the Time Warner Center on Columbus Circle, where the penthouse is going for $62.5 million, managers are deploying off-duty cops with “submachine guns” to stand watch, while other wealthy city enclaves are also beefing up protection for residents.

“Everybody is worried about security,” an insider told the Post. “Every top building is adding security. It’s out of control. We hope it won’t be needed, but we will be ready.”

The building is working with the NYPD and Homeland Security, the insider said.

“There will be officers with submachine guns,” the source said. “We’ve always had immense security, but there will be more. We’ll have extra patrols. The entire building can be shut down with one button.”

Many buildings are hiring off duty cops instead of private security companies because they fear a repeat of Denver, where a private guard shot and killed a protester, said one real estate insider.

Added another luxury building board member said high-end residents have been warned to take precautions by the NYPD.
    “The NYPD is advising buildings to get the extra security,” the source said. “They’ve never done this before.”

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Boy howdy those rich people got a lot of nerve. They get to have armed guards without even sticking up a liquor store.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't care what Donald did or thought in 1960's. McCain served nobly then, but ultimately became petty and self-important and let that drive his politics to the detriment of the country. It's what the Donald thought and did for the last four years, and what he will do for the next four years that counts. Donald will raise up the nation. Biden's handlers will destroy it.

Are you convinced of that, or trying to convince yourself? Serious question.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    At this point it certainly appears that the Biden crime family is beholding to a foreign power hostile to my country.
    That means vote for the other guy.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So Dorkoff has given all security companies a bad rep, when probably only a bit over 2/3rds of them deserve it.

Many buildings are hiring off duty cops instead of private security companies because they fear a repeat of Denver, where a private guard shot and killed a protester, said one real estate insider.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Added another luxury building board member said high-end residents have been warned to take precautions by the NYPD.
    “The NYPD is advising buildings to get the extra security,” the source said. “They’ve never done this before.”
    How are these cops going to work private security if they all get called up to fight the mobs?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That question entered my mind, but then I realized it is NY, NY and the cops will be no where to be seen.

The riots will be Mr. Trumps fault so no action will be taken against the righteously incensed mob.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Top Bottom