• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Any answer short of upholding the constitution by a sitting president is a horrible answer.

To anyone reading what you quoted, that is waffling.

The answer should always be:

Reporter: Will you commit to making sure that there is a peaceful transferal of power after the election?

DJT: Yes.

Trump has never said, absent evidence of fraud, that he would not commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses. Anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together who says otherwise is being disingenuous.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Any answer short of upholding the constitution by a sitting president is a horrible answer.

Reporter: Will you commit to making sure that there is a peaceful transferal of power after the election?

DJT: I'll use the same guidelines as set forth by my predecessor in 2016...

Better answer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

And the best way to ensure that would have been to conduct in-person voting just like every other election, instead of this mail-in sham that they're forcing on everyone. With mail-in ballots being allowed in some cases up to 10 days after the election, it's unlikely we'll have a clear winner on November 4th. That would have been easily avoidable. That it will not is by design.

If you can go to the grocery, or to a hardware store, or to a bar or restaurant is evidence that in-person voting would be perfectly safe for 99% of the voting public. Those with legitimate health concerns could request an absentee ballot, also just like has been done in every other election.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Trump has never said, absent evidence of fraud, that he would not commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses. Anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together who says otherwise is being disingenuous.

I'm not sure brains cells rub together, but I stand by what I said.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    And the best way to ensure that would have been to conduct in-person voting just like every other election, instead of this mail-in sham that they're forcing on everyone. With mail-in ballots being allowed in some cases up to 10 days after the election, it's unlikely we'll have a clear winner on November 4th. That would have been easily avoidable. That it will not is by design.

If you can go to the grocery, or to a hardware store, or to a bar or restaurant is evidence that in-person voting would be perfectly safe for 99% of the voting public. Those with legitimate health concerns could request an absentee ballot, also just like has been done in every other election.

You are not "forced" to vote by mail.

Whether we'll have a wide enough gap between the opponents to "call" the election on Nov 3 isn't a certainty. But the "calls" aren't always correct, are they? I remember an election in 2000 that had nothing to do with mail in ballots.

There have always been absentee ballots. Said ballots are given out in Indiana for anyone requesting them over 65, the military and other folks who demonstrate need.

The mail-in ballot issue is largely a smoke-screen. I'm confident that people from both parties who are involved in verification and tabulation will do their best without prejudice. If you can't count on the people in the process, then there is no process.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You are not "forced" to vote by mail.

Whether we'll have a wide enough gap between the opponents to "call" the election on Nov 3 isn't a certainty. But the "calls" aren't always correct, are they? I remember an election in 2000 that had nothing to do with mail in ballots.

There have always been absentee ballots. Said ballots are given out in Indiana for anyone requesting them over 65, the military and other folks who demonstrate need.

The mail-in ballot issue is largely a smoke-screen. I'm confident that people from both parties who are involved in verification and tabulation will do their best without prejudice. If you can't count on the people in the process, then there is no process.

No, the calls aren't always correct, but it is exceedingly rare. And yes absentee ballots have been available by request, and with legitimate reason. There is no reason why healthy adults can't vote in person. It just opens up a security threat that doesn't need to be opened up. We've already seen problems with the early voting by mail-in ballots (found in dumpsters, multiple ballots received for the same person, or in some cases NOT received by the persons that should have gotten them, but rather sent to old addresses, etc.). No, I do not trust that process. DoggyMama's sister received 8 ballots. Does that inspire confidence in the system for you? It doesn't for me.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If I received duplicate ballots for any reason, I might call or inquire on the net as to why. I know, as an adult, that I should only complete one ballot. If I complete 2 or more, I'm a felon.

I don't know the process for logging in a ballot, but I'm pretty sure what I've seen in the past (names checked against registered voter rolls and signature verification) is continuing.

So far, it seems that ballots found in dumpsters were undelivered to the voter. That's a bit different and potentially less fatal than ballots signed but not delivered to the county voting registrar.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If I received duplicate ballots for any reason, I might call or inquire on the net as to why. I know, as an adult, that I should only complete one ballot. If I complete 2 or more, I'm a felon.

I don't know the process for logging in a ballot, but I'm pretty sure what I've seen in the past (names checked against registered voter rolls and signature verification) is continuing.

So far, it seems that ballots found in dumpsters were undelivered to the voter. That's a bit different and potentially less fatal than ballots signed but not delivered to the county voting registrar.

The point is, the current system is not designed for mail-in voting as it is being used for this election. Clearly the system can't decide if it's counted to "1" (the number of ballots per person that should be sent out). There's also the issue of the US Postal Worker's Union endorsing Biden. That should be enough to disqualify the USPS as a valid delivery agent for something this important. Conflict of interest much?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Y'all know there is an election thread to talk about voting and ballots, right?

Well crap. Sorry about that. Sometimes all these threads start to look alike and I forget where I am. Holy crap. This must be how Biden feels every day! :): Crap! Did it again. Sorry! :(

ETA: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MCgrease08 again.

ETA 2: I was going to give you +11 too. I know the rep system only goes up to 10, but 11 is one reppier, isn't it?

[video=youtube;TmgqQRaH5aU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmgqQRaH5aU[/video]

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The point is, the current system is not designed for mail-in voting as it is being used for this election. Clearly the system can't decide if it's counted to "1" (the number of ballots per person that should be sent out). There's also the issue of the US Postal Worker's Union endorsing Biden. That should be enough to disqualify the USPS as a valid delivery agent for something this important. Conflict of interest much?

Thats not a conflict of interest unless you assume that they will commit illegal acts based on their endorsement. Using that logic no police union should be allowed to endorse either. However, I will say I agree. Unionized public workers should not issue endorsements as a body.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I was playing guitar and working on a new song. It's coming along quite nicely...unlike many of these threads. LOL

Now, is there a question on the floor?
    oh for ****s sake. You know damn well what that question was and you’ve moved goalposts and changed the narrative yet again. I provided the transcript to the speech you state he refuses to cede power and for you to point out where he says that. **** or get off the pot. If you’re going to make **** up at least have the balls to admit it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Your team has to **** it on ACB because Reid rewrote the rules on the filibuster in 2013 for short term gain

And your team will have to **** it on an election contested in the courts because Gore rewrote the rule you are trying to claim is extant when he contested the Florida election in 2000 for short term gain

Why do you lefties always get so spun up when your opponents beat you using the rules you set in place

Top Bottom