• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That's what he said recently. That's not what he said in Virginia on September 25th.
    What did he say? I’ve heard this brought up a few times but haven’t cared enough to look, I just figured it was something being taken out of context like usual. You gotta admit, they do that a lot with trump. Selective editing, like the very good people comment, they tend to leave the rest of a statement out. Just curious if he actually said no I’m not peacefully transferring power if I lose, or if it was something about a rigged election and making sure it was in the up and up?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, that's not exactly true. It's the same **** they pulled in 2016. This hoax stems from a press conference in which a reporter asked Trump if he'd commit to a peaceful transfer of power, "win, lose, or draw." Well, first, there is no transfer of power if he wins, so it's a ridiculous way to frame the question. But to the point, Trump basically said we'll have to wait and see if there is any tampering with the ballots. And that's pretty much the case with any politician. If it's close enough and there is evidence of tampering, ALL candidates with their heads on straight would contest that election. But no, the press spins it as, "Trump says he'll refuses to leave office after the election." So ***damn straight that's nonsense.

Of course, a lot of that is Trump's fault because he doesn't know how to answer stupid questions. Would possibly have helped if he'd have just gone through the scenarios, and why it's NORMAL to contest dubious results.

Press: "Win, lose, or draw, will you commit to a peaceful transfer of power after the election."

Trump: "Well that's a retarded way to frame the question. Of course, obviously, there is no power to transfer necessary if I win. If I lose bigly, and there's no evidence that it's because of mass tampering, of course I'd concede. But if it's a close race and there is evidence of ballot tampering, I'd contest the results just as any candidate running for any office would. Now go spin your headlines just like we all know you will because you're fake news.

Yes. The "if there is evidence of fraud" is kind of an important qualifier to leave off when one claims he said he would refuse to concede the election. On the other hand, we have HRC telling Biden not to concede without any such qualification.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So, his updated position doesn't matter?

LOL. Updated position? You mean until the next time he tweets or speaks and "updates" his position again?

Fortunately, what he said in Virginia is likely to get more democrats out to the polls. He might have just thrown the election over by saying something stupid (can't stop him doing that).

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    LOL. Updated position? You mean until the next time he tweets or speaks and "updates" his position again?

Fortunately, what he said in Virginia is likely to get more democrats out to the polls. He might have just thrown the election over by saying something stupid (can't stop him doing that).

Leave joe biden out of this!

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

So Biden still worried about a "racial jungle", and none of his policies or positions have ever evolved?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Let's see. We were discussing Trump....and you go directly to whataboutism.

Try again. Or, even better, just stop.
    By taking an extreme example I'm showing how ludicrous your spin is. If you believe that Trump cannot change or clarify his position on an issue, then can Biden? If not, why not. There is no whataboutism, I want to see if you're being an honest broker and acting consistently, or if you're just rooting for your team.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I named a date and a place. What he said is on record.

Yes. And what he said wasn't that he would refuse to cede power. He said it depends on the ballots, if it looked like there was tampering. Any sane person running for office would contest an election where it looked like the other side was cheating. He never implied that he would break any laws and refuse to leave office. That's just nonsense that the press has projected in its headlines. If you believed the headlines, you got suckered. Go back and watch the videos of that presser. Trump clearly predicated that on whether or not there was evidence tampering.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    And you are doing what? Serving as the one true honest man whose opinions should be taken as fact?

Gimme a break. You're a Trumpster. You've always been a Trumpster. And that, amigo, makes you an apologist most of the time.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yes there are lowly hoaxers.

And then we have a president who says he will not cede power if he loses the election.....

So, to me and many other semi-rational-middle-of-the-road citizens, Trump is a much larger issue than some basement dweller typing out stupid ****.

And please don't tell me he was just joking. You use that excuse way too often. It is now a pathology.
    Of all the stupid :poop: to worry about...

Just what do you think he is going to do to not cede power? Have the army surround the White House and keep Biden out? Have Biden arrested by the secret police?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Of all the stupid :poop: to worry about...

Just what do you think he is going to do to not cede power? Have the army surround the White House and keep Biden out? Have Biden arrested by the secret police?

Who said I'm worried? He said it. It is not presidential...but that's typical.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, his updated position doesn't matter?

I don't think his position has been updated. He seems to be consistent that he'd contest the election if he thought it was corrupted by the democrats. He tends to say things in inartful ways, and maybe the ways he's said things has changed. But I think his overall position has not changed. I would want him to contest the election if there's evidence of tampering to the extent that it could have made a difference in the election.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    And you are doing what? Serving as the one true honest man whose opinions should be taken as fact?

Gimme a break. You're a Trumpster. You've always been a Trumpster. And that, amigo, makes you an apologist most of the time.
    Quoting is your friend :): Based on the "honest man" comment following my "honest broker" comment I'm guessing you're responding to me

You only go for the personal when you're losing, and your tantrum is almost better than you just admitting you're wrong :):

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I don't think his position has been updated. He seems to be consistent that he'd contest the election if he thought it was corrupted by the democrats. He tends to say things in inartful ways, and maybe the ways he's said things has changed. But I think his overall position has not changed. I would want him to contest the election if there's evidence of tampering to the extent that it could have made a difference in the election.
    I was trying to be generous, and give Alpo some credit to his argument. However bad it was.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I go personal when I think the questions are personal and not theoretical or ideology.

And when you have a 10 to 1 or higher YourReality to MyReality split, it's sometimes difficult to keep all the parties and their relative politeness and courtesy measurements in place.

I will say that determining your specific measurements has not been hard.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I go personal when I think the questions are personal and not theoretical or ideology.

And when you have a 10 to 1 or higher YourReality to MyReality split, it's sometimes difficult to keep all the parties and their relative politeness and courtesy measurements in place.

I will say that determining your specific measurements has not been hard.
    I'm sorry that you mis-read questions that were not personal, and that you felt the need to take out your angst with the community on me.

Top Bottom