• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Thats not a conflict of interest unless you assume that they will commit illegal acts based on their endorsement. Using that logic no police union should be allowed to endorse either. However, I will say I agree. Unionized public workers should not issue endorsements as a body.

Unionized and public workers are two terms that should be forever separate. Being lobbied to vote for the people who set your salary IS a conflict of interest.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thats not a conflict of interest unless you assume that they will commit illegal acts based on their endorsement. Using that logic no police union should be allowed to endorse either. However, I will say I agree. Unionized public workers should not issue endorsements as a body.

I also agree about the endorsements, but the difference between police unions and the postal workers union is that the police aren't charged with delivering ballots.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Your team has to **** it on ACB because Reid rewrote the rules on the filibuster in 2013 for short term gain

And your team will have to **** it on an election contested in the courts because Gore rewrote the rule you are trying to claim is extant when he contested the Florida election in 2000 for short term gain

Why do you lefties always get so spun up when your opponents beat you using the rules you set in place

Because that's what Alinsky taught them to do.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    J. R. Church in 1979 telling about where we're at now in 2020 and how we got here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqgz-so25Qo

It really is a well done if concise presentation. But hey, that was when people had at least a 27 minute attention span and now it's about ten seconds. Any way, decades ago he correctly assessed the spiritual characteristics of the coming global government.
    You suppose he read their books?:)
    Reminds me of Hillary Clinton saying that it would be needed for globgov to fulfill peoples' spiritual needs.

Follow up on "The Conspiracy".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG5j6AQ3CKM

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I also agree about the endorsements, but the difference between police unions and the postal workers union is that the police aren't charged with delivering ballots.

Right, they're charged with protecting the people that cast those ballots. We have an exhaustive history of police turning a blind eye, as would be voters were prevented from doing so.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Right, they're charged with protecting the people that cast those ballots. We have an exhaustive history of police turning a blind eye, as would be voters were prevented from doing so.

True dat.

iu

panthers2.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    True dat.

iu

panthers2.jpg

Weren't the guys in the first instance addressed by police, and subsequently sued by the DoJ? I'm unfamiliar with the second instance. I just see Black guys with guns posing with an Abrahams sign. It does not appear they are at a polling location. Can you please direct me to source where it is indicated that these four men were intimidating voters?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Weren't the guys in the first instance addressed by police, and subsequently sued by the DoJ? I'm unfamiliar with the second instance. I just see Black guys with guns posing with an Abrahams sign. It does not appear they are at a polling location. Can you please direct me to source where it is indicated that these four men were intimidating voters?

In the first pic (2008), charges were dropped against 3 of the 4 members of the New Black Panthers. The one against whom charges were not dismissed (Shabazz) received a slap on the wrist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party_voter_intimidation_case

The second pic is from 2018 in Georgia. Police did nothing in that case.

https://newswithviews.com/unreported-black-panthers-intimidating-voters-in-georgia/

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    oh for ****s sake. You know damn well what that question was and you’ve moved goalposts and changed the narrative yet again. I provided the transcript to the speech you state he refuses to cede power and for you to point out where he says that. **** or get off the pot. If you’re going to make **** up at least have the balls to admit it.

Post 1000 dude. sheesh

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Your team has to **** it on ACB because Reid rewrote the rules on the filibuster in 2013 for short term gain

And your team will have to **** it on an election contested in the courts because Gore rewrote the rule you are trying to claim is extant when he contested the Florida election in 2000 for short term gain

Why do you lefties always get so spun up when your opponents beat you using the rules you set in place

Hey, I'm in favor of ACB. That's not new news.

Just because you live in Ohio doesn't put you on the Goodyear Team, or make you a Bengal. I wouldn't be so loose with your generalizations. :)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In the first pic (2008), charges were dropped against 3 of the 4 members of the New Black Panthers. The one against whom charges were not dismissed (Shabazz) received a slap on the wrist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party_voter_intimidation_case

The second pic is from 2018 in Georgia. Police did nothing in that case.

https://newswithviews.com/unreported-black-panthers-intimidating-voters-in-georgia/

Probably because they weren't breaking the law. "Standing menacingly with guns," near (how close is "near") a polling site, while not saying anything but making eye-contact with people who entered the voting (not building but) "area," doesn't quite seem to reach the level of intimidation. The article you used as a cite, is to put politely, less than desired. There are number of incorrect facts, and suppositions. The author crafted is own opinion, and tried to pass it off as fact.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Big news at the moment is Trump releasing 60 Minutes interview with Lesley Stahl on Facebook.

Seems like he's getting in the way of story on Hunter,

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    There's a reason I don't go to NPR. Not because I don't believe in watching my enemies but because they make me ill.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I used to listen to their discussion programs back in the last century. Even then, it was getting me irritable. So I put on George Strait and achieved some semblance of wistful melancholy. LOL

Top Bottom