Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You must spread Reputation around
    to the undeserving before you can
    give it to those who deserve it.

Not really true, though I see people say things like this often.

The truth is that you have to spread the rep around to other people, yes.

I don't give rep to those who are undeserving, nor would I ever tell someone they should.

Now... that DOES mean that you can't give it out to the same person as quickly as you might want to, but no, you don't have to give it to the undeserving. No, that's not a Denny award, either. Some people really don't seem to understand the facts or the rationale(s) behind them, and I think people should. So, I 'splain it. :)

(and for those of you out there who are now thinking it:
    Despite me doin' some 'splainin'... my name is not Lucy. Even if you pronounce it Looooooooooceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.)

That is all. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The unfortunate truth on 'spreading the rep' is that while some times I find it inconvenient, not having that restriction would defeat the purpose when any two people could have their own private unlimited 'rep pyramid'.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Bill, It was meant sarcastically. I do find that when I try to give rep to those whose added content agrees with my point of view they are often the folks who add content that I agree with more than others and that bleads me to look for those that I can rep so as to spread it around andthere fore rep some things that are not as aligned with my point of view.

That said I understand, I just like ti complain occasionally. Well maybe more than occasionally.

BTW I realize that is a run on and on and on sentence.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Of course it was. I got that. I'm not sure how many people there are though, who do believe that they have to rep "undeserving" people so they can again hit those who they want to.

As to the "rep pyramid", I'm against the concept, personally. As a mod, I'm neutral on it. Rep was designed to be a way someone could look and see whose opinions were valued and considered more highly. For a while, until it started being something we could do just to see who we could push the highest, it worked. I wish things had not gone as they did. The simple fact is that it's a freebie, so some assigned it value only insofar as it entertained them. That's neither here nor there, and beyond the scope of this thread.

Your post was meant in sarcasm, I just didn't want others who say similar thinking it factual. Carry on. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill, It was meant sarcastically. I do find that when I try to give rep to those whose added content agrees with my point of view they are often the folks who add content that I agree with more than others and that bleads me to look for those that I can rep so as to spread it around andthere fore rep some things that are not as aligned with my point of view.

That said I understand, I just like ti complain occasionally. Well maybe more than occasionally.

BTW I realize that is a run on and on and on sentence.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom