Not open for further replies.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    But Trump is the presumptive nominee and he's taken seriously by a great many folks. ;)

The three major candidates are clowns.
    Their supporters will selectively NOT see that.

Good, here for a minute I thought the nation was seriously considering electing Trump.

Actually, guys, his point is solid. When someone points out foolishness, they point to things like Bill Clinton answering the "Boxers or briefs?" question--Can any of us imagine Ben Franklin even being asked such a question? (I use Franklin as the example of the storied "elder statesman", not because he was ever President (which he was not))
    Can we even imagine that asked of President Reagan?

No, but they asked it of Clinton. Why? Perhaps familiarity breeds contempt. I don't know, that's just a guess. Similarly, he's saying that a serious candidate, one who has a chance of winning, doesn't try to play rock star, even if the Secret Service would allow it.

My point was simply that using the bar of "negative press", even "lots of" it, is not a good measure of someone being Presidential... unless youonly want to support Democrat candidates. They're usually the only ones liberal enough to get favorable press from the mass media, which is obviously very much leftist themselves.

A conservative candidate will never have a chance by that measure.

Blessings,
    Bill

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Oh, Franklin was never president? Thanks a lot for that info, you lean something new every day.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    #NeverMattered argues that Trump lacks the dignity and comportment needed to be president and [that he] cares more about the consequences of beltway conservatism than he should

Clinton supporters argue that as long as no criminal indictment occurs than she is good to go, and there are things in her email and speeches to wall street that you just don't need to know about

Hmmmm. Let me see ... which argument is the more telling. Wow, tough choice :laugh:

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    13346489_643392859145820_3953376363742577655_n.jpg

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think Franklin would have giggled and happily answered "why don't you look and see" to the question.

Adams on the other hand...

He might have... but the question would never have been asked.

#NeverMattered argues that Trump lacks the dignity and comportment needed to be president and [that he] cares more about the consequences of beltway conservatism than he should

Clinton supporters argue that as long as no criminal indictment occurs than she is good to go, and there are things in her email and speeches to wall street that you just don't need to know about

Hmmmm. Let me see ... which argument is the more telling. Wow, tough choice :laugh:

Dignity and comportment is what they claim is important?

What was the source of the stain on that blue dress we heard so much about? (Note: This question is rhetorical. Please do not actually answer it!)

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    This is a bit long (over 8 minutes), but interesting to hear from a former Muslim woman on what Islam and jihad are and are not.

[video=youtube;KXGE2eBUdlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXGE2eBUdlQ[/video]

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    [h=3]Dear entitled college student,[/h][h=3]They were issued combat boots to storm Normandy. You just tie your Nike shoelaces.[/h]Image Credit: Joe Raedle/Garreth Cattermole/Getty Images

[h=3]You throw tantrums against Freedom of Speech. Iwo Jima and Nazi Europe were their safe spaces.[/h]Image Credit: Spencer Platt/AFP/Getty Images

[h=3]They dug trenches in the blistering heat. You hold a protest sign while carrying a bottle of Gatorade in hand.[/h][h=3]You’ve distorted the idea of what it means to have courage and really take a stand.[/h][h=3]Courage is not getting arrested for attacking police.[/h][h=3]It’s the heroes who took their last breaths at Omaha Beach.[/h]Image Credit: Matt Cardy/AFP/Getty Images

[h=3]It’s not trying to redefine equality or what means to care for an individual.[/h][h=3]It’s the way your great-grandfather showed the world to stand up for principle.[/h]Image Credit: Mark Wilson/Getty Images

[h=3]And you want $15.00 an hr because you think that you deserve it.[/h][h=3]It’s not in Hard Work We Trust for you, it’s entitlement that you worship.[/h]Image Credit: Justin Tallis/AFP/Getty Images

[h=3]You want it free, gimme, now and then you act like an angry toddler when your demands aren’t met.[/h][h=3]If only you were comic relief for our World War 2 vets.[/h][h=3]Yet, I bet some are rolling in their graves.[/h][h=3]A few I know have specifically told me that what you do isn’t brave.[/h][h=3]But that you’re selfish and fail to acknowledge blessings all around you.[/h][h=3]If you just took a few minutes to count them, the amount would astound you.[/h]Image Credit: Timothy A. Clary/AFP/Getty Images

[h=3]You live in the greatest country in the world with more freedom and opportunity than any other place on earth.[/h][h=3]And it’s been like that ever since your birth.[/h][h=3]Yet, you still scream and cry because you’re convinced that what you’re doing is right.[/h][h=3]If you think things are unfair now, the real world will feel like a King Cobra’s bite.[/h]Image Credit: Kool Cats Photography/Flickr

[h=3]And you won’t be able to reverse the venom or crippling sting.[/h][h=3]Until you stop getting offended by every single little thing.[/h][h=3]Until you stop assassinating the character of those who don’t agree with your view.[/h][h=3]Outside of your Fairy Tale Campus, most people don’t see it like you.[/h]Image Credit: Screenshot/Pew Research

[h=3]And if that doesn’t happen eventually, our world will go dark.[/h][h=3]America the Beautiful will be America Ripped Apart.[/h][h=3]At this point, if a grave evil like the Nazis ever returned and the free world needed people to fight.[/h][h=3]I’m not sure you’d have the guts to actually do what is right.[/h][h=3]And that’s the kind of thing that keeps World War 2 veterans that I know up at night.[/h]Image Credit: Sean Gallup/Getty Images

Hat tip to the author, Justen Charters:

?Dear Entitled College Student?: A Memorial Day Post That Puts Your ?Heroism? in Much-Needed Context

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom