BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by actaeon277

Don't want Trump, run someone with better connections to the Russians.

Sadly, the next election will probably suck even worse.

Fixed it for ya, lol

They tried that, Clinton lost

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think refund is in order, if you went to college. The meme in question, does not say that Donald Trump is in charge of the world. Words still, at least to some, mean things.

Today I learned that the US President is in charge of the world.

I don't know why people bother with college, when INGO is free. :rockwoot:

Let’s cut the crap here. You seem to enjoy posting pictures to get a response (we call that “trolling”) and then when a statement is made about the implication, everyone else is wrong or has misread or whatever. That could also define trolling.

You pulled that on me a few pages back and I let it go because it wasn’t worth it to me to have you try to play the poor pitiful. I could predict the “you wound me” type of response.
    But now you’re pulling it on others too, again. I’m done with it and so are you. I see it again and a ban will follow. Just to be clear, I didn’t say permanent, but I didn’t avoid that word either.

To be more clear, the subject of my post is your posting style. YOU have much you can bring to the board. When you do this, what you bring here with that, though, is not conducive to an open discussion. It is off-putting to me, and I’m pretty sure it is to many others as well.

Blessings,
    Bill

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Let’s cut the crap here. You seem to enjoy posting pictures to get a response (we call that “trolling”) and then when a statement is made about the implication, everyone else is wrong or has misread or whatever. That could also define trolling.

You pulled that on me a few pages back and I let it go because it wasn’t worth it to me to have you try to play the poor pitiful. I could predict the “you wound me” type of response.
    But now you’re pulling it on others too, again. I’m done with it and so are you. I see it again and a ban will follow. Just to be clear, I didn’t say permanent, but I didn’t avoid that word either.

To be more clear, the subject of my post is your posting style. YOU have much you can bring to the board. When you do this, what you bring here with that, though, is not conducive to an open discussion. It is off-putting to me, and I’m pretty sure it is to many others as well.

Blessings,
    Bill

So let me get this straight. Because the political pictures I deem as funny (noting that the title of this thread is NOT "Political Conservative Pictures Thread"), does not sync with INGO group think, you're going to accuse me of violation the Terms of Service for use of this forum? Now, if I didn't think the pictures I posted were funny, then you'd have a point... but, I do think they're funny. Now granted, this is a private forum, and I am more than willing the respect the rules. But I will not respect "rules for me, but not for thee" based on having an unpopular opinion. If you wish to ban me because you dislike the pictures I've posted in this thread; pictures which fall in line with my political stance, then I must accept your decision.

Now, it is my personal opinion, that this discussion could have been had on a more personal level. I am still able to receive messages, as far as I know. It appears, at least to me, that you took the opportunity to put me on "blast" and make a public spectacle, which will undoubtedly bring forth further comments from the peanut gallery. Of course that is your right to do so. The manner, in which I post, is typically respectful to other members, until that respect is no longer extended, then all bets are off. If my opinion is disruptive to a happy community, and you feel you are at wits end, then you can ban me.... actually, you don't even need to do that. You, or any other mod, can simply say "INGO is no longer a place that welcomes you or your opinion," and you have my word, that I will not darken your door again.

Respectfully,
    Kut

Edit: BTW what did I "pull a few pages back" on you, I looked as far as a week back, and cannot find any interaction. Did I miss it, or have you been stewing over something that happened a little further in the past?

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So let me get this straight. Because the political pictures I deem as funny (noting that the title of this thread is NOT "Political Conservative Pictures Thread"), does not sync with INGO group think, you're going to accuse me of violation the Terms of Service for use of this forum? Now, if I didn't think the pictures I posted were funny, then you'd have a point... but, I do think they're funny. Now granted, this is a private forum, and I am more than willing the respect the rules. But I will not respect "rules for me, but not for thee" based on having an unpopular opinion. If you wish to ban me because you dislike the pictures I've posted in this thread; pictures which fall in line with my political stance, then I must accept your decision.

Now, it is my personal opinion, that this discussion could have been had on a more personal level. I am still able to receive messages, as far as I know. It appears, at least to me, that you took the opportunity to put me on "blast" and make a public spectacle, which will undoubtedly bring forth further comments from the peanut gallery. Of course that is your right to do so. The manner, in which I post, is typically respectful to other members, until that respect is no longer extended, then all bets are off. If my opinion is disruptive to a happy community, and you feel you are at wits end, then you can ban me.... actually, you don't even need to do that. You, or any other mod, can simply say "INGO is no longer a place that welcomes you or your opinion," and you have my word, that I will not darken your door again.

Respectfully,
    Kut

Edit: BTW what did I "pull a few pages back" on you, I looked as far as a week back, and cannot find any interaction. Did I miss it, or have you been stewing over something that happened a little further in the past?

It’s not the pictures, Kut. You’re a smart man and I thought I made clear that it was what you did with any reply to those pictures.
    For example, here, where it says that the brainwashed think Trump should rule the world, or similar phrasing. Hard to see without losing my spot while posting from phone. Now, you undoubtedly have some hair-splitting point that distinguishes this, as well as the post from 5 days ago is the ISJ thread where I mentioned the point of there being limited support for DJT/GOP in the Black community(again, paraphrasing, but the points are similar enough) I’m sorry I referenced a post from another thread- again though, the salient point was that it was a reply from you to me and you posted in a similar vein. By definition, the majority posters can’t “troll” as I said I see you doing.

As to putting you “on blast”, it was my understanding that we were going for transparency in member/mod interactions. Coupling that with the fact that you seem quick to snap back on anyone else to “look clever”, as you accused upthread here, I thought it apropos.

You opened this can of worms, not me. That said, I reported my own post when I made it. Like anyone else’s, my posts are subject to review by the rest of the mod team and admin. If I’ve spoken improperly, I’m sure I will be told so.

Last, I attempted to state openly that you are a valued member of this community and have good things to offer. “Gotcha” posts are not among those good things. A counterpoint opinion is a good thing-it helps people to think, rather than live in an echo chamber. I am not, nor is anyone I know of, telling you GTFO, or any more (or less!) polite alternative phrase.

Blessings,
    Bill

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It’s not the pictures, Kut. You’re a smart man and I thought I made clear that it was what you did with any reply to those pictures.
    For example, here, where it says that the brainwashed think Trump should rule the world, or similar phrasing. Hard to see without losing my spot while posting from phone. Now, you undoubtedly have some hair-splitting point that distinguishes this, as well as the post from 5 days ago is the ISJ thread where I mentioned the point of there being limited support for DJT/GOP in the Black community(again, paraphrasing, but the points are similar enough) I’m sorry I referenced a post from another thread- again though, the salient point was that it was a reply from you to me and you posted in a similar vein. By definition, the majority posters can’t “troll” as I said I see you doing.

As to putting you “on blast”, it was my understanding that we were going for transparency in member/mod interactions. Coupling that with the fact that you seem quick to snap back on anyone else to “look clever”, as you accused upthread here, I thought it apropos.

You opened this can of worms, not me. That said, I reported my own post when I made it. Like anyone else’s, my posts are subject to review by the rest of the mod team and admin. If I’ve spoken improperly, I’m sure I will be told so.

Last, I attempted to state openly that you are a valued member of this community and have good things to offer. “Gotcha” posts are not among those good things. A counterpoint opinion is a good thing-it helps people to think, rather than live in an echo chamber. I am not, nor is anyone I know of, telling you GTFO, or any more (or less!) polite alternative phrase.

Blessings,
    Bill

The bolded part seems to explain the situation, perfectly. I've been here long enough, and endured enough insults, dogpiles, and racial innuendo without staff moderation, that I have come to rely upon myself when it comes to defending my person. I should expect that I am held to the same standard as every other member, but I am not. I got banned once for saying something about minerals. "Minerals." Ha ha ha. But other members have addressed me with profanity, general bad language, and a creative array of insults without so much as second look from moderators.
    The first time, someone made the thong reference, I sat back and wondered "should, I respond, and "kick it up," or should I wait on a moderator to step in." Well, obviously, a moderator didn't step in... they just let it go (or "didn't see it"), as I have come to expect. So I let it go. Now, it's regularly mentioned around the forum; so much in fact, that its no longer bothersome, and not viewed as an insult. But there was a point where it began, and it was initially most certainly viewed as an insult. Where were you the first time it happened? The second time? The third? Where were any of the moderators? I was once called a particularly offense name, and I reported it. I have no idea what happened, but guess what? That same poster, a short time later, used that "particularly" offensive name again... and I reported again, thinking "surely someone will take action this time." I probably shouldn't have been so naive, right?

I understand, that because I often have unpopular opinions, I will catch flack. I have also come to understand that the moderators are flexible with the rules when it comes to members who address me in certain ways. I've accepted that a long time ago. I'll accept a reasonable double standard. What I won't accept is being held to a standard, where moderators allow the flexing of rules for others, while restricting the rules concerning me. My posting habits are within the terms of use, and when I stray to close to the sun, it's because someone else has blatantly exceeded the terms of use. So if you don't want me flying to close to the sun, put your house in order, and moderate... or tell me that I am no longer welcome. I can deal with it, its a dang internet site for crying out loud. I wouldn't get mad or hold it against you. I wouldn't come to the 1500 booth with anything more than smiles, handshakes, funny quips about the irony of me being dismissed from a pro-2A website for speaking my mind. It is what it is, bro.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Looking at several of posts from the past few days I had to double check and make sure I'd accidentally wonder into the "Soap Opera" forum. Still not sure. :dunno:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I must have missed the "thong" situation. I've seen it referenced a few times on here but I figured it was one of those inside jokes. I had no idea it was an insult of some kind.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I must have missed the "thong" situation. I've seen it referenced a few times on here but I figured it was one of those inside jokes. I had no idea it was an insult of some kind.

Me too. I either missed what led up to it or forgot about it but thought it was one of those perpetual, inside, running jokes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom