Not open for further replies.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

I loved this! Sometimes I think that I'm the only one who cares about politicians making money with their elected office.
    How is this quote above for some political humor?
    Is this just political propaganda?
    Is there any truth to the charges that members of Congress, especially the Senate, come out of decades of public service on their salaries 10s of millions richer?
    Is this a problem of just 1 party or both parties?

Wikipedia shows only 11 Presidents left office worth 1 million or less (by 2016 dollars):
    Obama was worth 40 million.
    Clinton 75 million.
    Bush 39 million.
    Reagan 14 million.
    Jimmy Carter 8 million.
    I listed men from both parties to be "politically correct" when I put this on my Facebook page.
    Here I don't care b/c I feel like I could speak openly with a more informed conservative base. :laugh:
    Translation: you know what's going on! :dunno:

Some of these men worked in private business and some only worked in public office their whole lives.
    The Truth is out there.

By the way: Truman went into a financially-difficult retirement, and I read where he was penniless when he died leaving no inheritance to his daughter.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    759KrnW.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I loved this! Sometimes I think that I'm the only one who cares about politicians making money with their elected office.
    How is this quote above for some political humor?
    Is this just political propaganda?
    Is there any truth to the charges that members of Congress, especially the Senate, come out of decades of public service on their salaries 10s of millions richer?
    Is this a problem of just 1 party or both parties?

Wikipedia shows only 11 Presidents left office worth 1 million or less (by 2016 dollars):
    Obama was worth 40 million.
    Clinton 75 million.
    Bush 39 million.
    Reagan 14 million.
    Jimmy Carter 8 million.
    I listed men from both parties to be "politically correct" when I put this on my Facebook page.
    Here I don't care b/c I feel like I could speak openly with a more informed conservative base. :laugh:
    Translation: you know what's going on! :dunno:

Some of these men worked in private business and some only worked in public office their whole lives.
    The Truth is out there.

By the way: Truman went into a financially-difficult retirement, and I read where he was penniless when he died leaving no inheritance to his daughter.

Carter, (I hate to stick up for him) had money from farming before he went into politics.
    Reagan had a career in the film industry.
    Bush was in oil and had a substantial fortune prior to his presidency.
    Clinton and Obama were practically penniless.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Don't just look at the politician, but also their family; especially children. Too many, like Hunter Biden, end up being enriched with jobs deals and investments which defy belief.

Remember, many American parents will do almost anything to make their children successful. If the Congress critter can't directly take the bribe ( I mean deal ) then directing it to their family is often just profitable.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    This is the exact reason I will never live in a neighborhood controlled Nazi styled H.O.A. that hands out fines if your trash can is not put up by so so time, if your grass is 2/10ths of a inch too long or you have a light burnt out outside that you don't know about and your mailbox is not a pristine gloss black.

I fly a U.S. Flag on a 32 foot pole, a 2nd 20 foot pole that I rotate, IU, Colts and Cubs flags on. I have a Over the Air TV antenna and I also have a full blown weather station that my entire subdivision can go to a web site and see what wind/temp/humidity/UV and rain conditions are here, not 7 miles away @ the NWS.

100+ homes in my sub-division and we all take pride in how they look and how each home is different.

Same boat, yesterday at
    [h=1]President Donald Trump Boat Parade in Florida[/h]
    [video=youtube_share;_2DZG-XlTe0]https://youtu.be/_2DZG-XlTe0[/video]

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Carter, (I hate to stick up for him) had money from farming before he went into politics.
    Reagan had a career in the film industry.
    Bush was in oil and had a substantial fortune prior to his presidency.
    Clinton and Obama were practically[STRIKE] penniless [/STRIKE]worthless.

FIFY

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom