• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    If you are trying to criticize a piece of legislation, why wouldn't it be? Is there some special dispensation that states that it is acceptable to try to influence public opinion with inaccurate information if it's in picture form?
    Meh. If you use memes to try to influence public opinion, fact or not, I doubt you’re influencing much of anyone. I just look at memes to laugh. I’m not sure I’ve ever fact checked one, or used one as a basis of an argument.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If you are trying to criticize a piece of legislation, why wouldn't it be? Is there some special dispensation that states that it is acceptable to try to influence public opinion with inaccurate information if it's in picture form?

I agree it should have said "Expenses and Other Compensation" instead of "Salary and Expenses". Seems a bit picky but whatever.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Meh. If you use memes to try to influence public opinion, fact or not, I doubt you’re influencing much of anyone. I just look at memes to laugh. I’m not sure I’ve ever fact checked one, or used one as a basis of an argument.

So you're saying you voted for Trump based on fake Russian memes?

But seriously, I agree with Hough. There is enough ridiculous **** out there to make good memes without having to make stuff up. Bad spelling, poor grammar and fake info makes me pause and at least consider the origin of the meme.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So you're saying you voted for Trump based on fake Russian memes?

But seriously, I agree with Hough. There is enough ridiculous **** out there to make good memes without having to make stuff up. Bad spelling, poor grammar and fake info makes me pause and at least consider the origin of the meme.

I agree with the morality of it, but I just wanna laugh, I just don’t feel the need to fact check a meme. I’ve never seen a meme with numbers and looked up the numbers to see if they’re correct, but, I also don’t quote the numbers I see in a meme when having a discussion on that topic with someone. In the same sense, I’ve never watched South Park and felt the need to fact check anything, I just view it as entertainment, nothing more.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    fuXrMKi.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Lawyers got to Lawyer, you do realize this IS the political FUNNY pictures thread right? Save the closing arguments for a different thread!:): Back to regularly scheduled FUNNY pictures...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It's nationwide. Checks to start mailing out in May.
    I guess since we’re playing serious here, Governor Holcomb announce yesterday that Indiana would start paying the +$600 4/20 retroactive to when you filed. BestBuy is gonna see double digit sales increases in a couple of weeks.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I guess since we’re playing serious here, Governor Holcomb announce yesterday that Indiana would start paying the +$600 4/20 retroactive to when you filed. BestBuy is gonna see double digit sales increases in a couple of weeks.

But people will still find a way to complain about paying for health insurance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom