High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Hard to argue with that logic:

WDEypI4.jpg

Wrote to Senator Young on this issue. My tax Dollars should NOT be bailing out these entities.

In total I wrote: "I would like to convey my disgust with those in Congress using a national crisis to load critical stabilization legislation with their pet projects and fringe ideological desires. That position is true for both those on the Left or Right, though it appears the most egregious individuals are on the Left.

Frankly, the individuals and leaders participating in this manipulation and obstruction are presenting themselves as subversives and insurrectionist not operating in the national interest. Please call them out on their behavior! Personally, I would like to see an option to strip them of their citizenship; I don't believe they deserve it.

On a related issue, please use care in bailing out non-citizens (any corporation, business, or non-profit unless it is a sole-proprietorship) which chooses to headquarter itself outside the United States or bases its assets outside the United States to avoid taxation. An excellent example of such industries are cruise lines which almost universally "Flag" their ships outside the United States.

Better to save my tax money and support a reformation of the business after it goes bankrupt, and support employees in the interim, than hand my tax Dollars to an entity which hides from its responsibilities in the United States."

My $.02, worth exactly what was paid for the opinion...

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    How about tying the aid to a requirement to register their ships in the US and keep them there. Saving thousands of jobs and American companies involved in supporting the cruise industry (not necessarily working for the actual cruise lines) would lessen the economic fallout from this mess.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How about tying the aid to a requirement to register their ships in the US and keep them there. Saving thousands of jobs and American companies involved in supporting the cruise industry (not necessarily working for the actual cruise lines) would lessen the economic fallout from this mess.
    Not picking on you KMaC, but is there a thread where we can discuss this topic, rather than here?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom