Political funny pictures thread, part IV. Bring on the leather!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    HcxJ7VN.jpg

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Wait, you're serious??? It sad that you can't discern the difference. Those who don't understand their rights are destined to lose them.

I am not a constitutional scholar, but wouldn’t books and published media fall under the same category? I’m pretty sure there isn’t any reference to YouTube specifically in the Constitution.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I am not a constitutional scholar, but wouldn’t books and published media fall under the same category? I’m pretty sure there isn’t any reference to YouTube specifically in the Constitution.

It's right there next to TV, phones and the internet. Also, the right to bear arms only applies to muskets.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Well yes. But the question isn't "what's" being burned, but rather "who's" doing it. Government participating in the suppression free speech, is quite different than a private entity, suppressing content on it's own, privately owned, website.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Well yes. But the question isn't "what's" being burned, but rather "who's" doing it. Government participating in the suppression free speech, is quite different than a private entity, suppressing content on it's own, privately owned, website.

I'm so confused. YouTube can remove a video and demonetize anyone whenever they feel like it because they're a private company, but when a bakery refuses to bake a birthday cake topped with a rubber dong for some sick ****, it's time to lawyer up.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory

So, if someone was to say to you "STFU" you would calmly know they are within their rights as an individual?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If Jim Crow policies were only enforced by private businesses, is that constitutional? Yes. Should society allow private businesses to oppress people using the power of the market?

Social media are either publishers or platforms. If they’re publishers, then they’re liable for all the content. If it’s just a platform, then they’re not. They say they’re a platform but then are acting like a publisher. Pick one.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm so confused. YouTube can remove a video and demonetize anyone whenever they feel like it because they're a private company, but when a bakery refuses to bake a birthday cake topped with a rubber dong for some sick ****, it's time to lawyer up.

That is because some animals are more equal than others.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If Jim Crow policies were only enforced by private businesses, is that constitutional? Yes. Should society allow private businesses to oppress people using the power of the market?

Social media are either publishers or platforms. If they’re publishers, then they’re liable for all the content. If it’s just a platform, then they’re not. They say they’re a platform but then are acting like a publisher. Pick one.

Yes. With only very very few exceptions (i.e. related to life/death).
    bhm9vc.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I agree with Printcraft:

A private business should absolutely, positively, in ALL cases be able to discriminate against doing business with anyone for ANY reason.

It's not a .gov entity.

Let the free market decide if they will still be able to operate. They will either sink or swim on their own merits.

Yes, I mean Any. ****ing. Reason.

;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom