Political funny pictures thread, part IV. Bring on the leather!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    2qi701w.jpg

Now that actually is funny.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Although, I did learn A LOT about the stupid central planning and regulations that go into farming that make it nearly impossible for them to be flexible and turn a profit as they see fit.

Farm Subsidy is a good way to fix a problem that the Feds created, it seems.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've noticed that most things that pass for "humor" anymore is mostly just crude insults. I see it on the shows my kids watch and SNL.

That's pretty much been this thread since its inception. Now, since not simply conservatives throwing the jabs, people are either getting butthurt, or needing a safe space. I don't know who raised some of these folks, given that some of them are pretty old, but I come from the "sticks and stones, just don't touch me" school.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Like, "I'm not laughing at your post. I'm laughing at you."

Well, it is not even laughing at him as much as it is laughing at the ridiculousness of the effort. I can't help but picture a Wile E. Coyote vs. the Road Runner situation where Trump is the Road Runner and the Democrats are Wile E. Each attempt to bring down RR/Trump is sillier than the last. It works just as well when applied here.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I like that analogy.

Too bad I have no artistic, photo shop of video ability.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    That's pretty much been this thread since its inception. Now, since not simply conservatives throwing the jabs, people are either getting butthurt, or needing a safe space. I don't know who raised some of these folks, given that some of them are pretty old, but I come from the "sticks and stones, just don't touch me" school.

Not true. Most political humor is designed to point out hypocrisy.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Heck, I like a good joke...but jokes, especially in the political realm, usually, must point out some sort of truth to be funny, or, if not funny....to make you think.

For instance:

Here, we see commentary on a less than strong response to the killing of a journalist. Like it or not, there's enough of an underlying truth to make you think.
    trump_doesnt_bow_to_mbs___emad_hajjaj.jpeg

In contrast:

No basis in truth, it's just fodder for the echo chamber and not funny or meaningful.
    1553126713226.jpg

The truly thin skinned will see anything that criticizes Trump in any way as offensive or whatever.

However, if the cartoon has no basis in truth....that's worth pointing out and whining about people pointing that out is, in itself, seeking a safe space.

...and do you know how hard it was to find a Trump cartoon with anything vaguely fact-based in it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom