Political funny pictures thread, part IV. Bring on the leather!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bkflyer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    Train to Hawaii? Don't laugh. When I was in Iraq there were 3 overpasses in the desert. No roads, to towns no goat trails. Three very nice pavement and concrete bridges over a small piece of asphalt. Talk about a bridge to nowhere!!!!!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Being in engineering of some form all my life, I tend to start thinking of how to implement ideas when I hear them. So I’m thinking of this problem. One idea is pontoons with some kind of flexible captive rail so the track can move with the tide and wavesnog sure how to solve tsunamis. The train itself would of course have to be completely submersible. Well that’s obviously a bad idea. Scratch it. Too impractical. Materials don’t really exist to make a flexible rail that’s strong enough.

Okay, so a tube that floats on the water. The tube would have to be pretty flexible to be able to move with the ocean—wait. Scratch that. Not practical. That doesn’t really solve the problems with the flexible rail.

Okay, the tube would have to be uber strong and rigid and follow the contour of the ocean floor. Wait. Scratch that. The tube would have to be exceptionally strong to withstand the extreme pressures. Not to mention it has to be constructed by someone or something that can also withstand the pressures in the dealest parts of the ocean.

Okay, tunnel under the ocean floor! That’s IT! Dig a 2500 mile tunnel under the ocsan floor! Of course it would have to withstand volcanic and seismic action. But I think it’s totally doable. I mean hey, they built a tunnel under the English Channel. How much harder and more expensive could it be to dig one under the Pacific Ocean?

Think of how many jobs that would create. What an economic boon that would be!

Seriously, this is the reason why progressives need conservatives. They need someone to tell them how full of **** they are so they don’t go off soing stupid ****.

What a stunning failure of imagination, jamil

View attachment 74573 View attachment 74574 View attachment 74575 View attachment 74576

Just hook a few of these together and you have a sea train! We just hand wave the problems of tethering, aerodynamic or hydrodynamic interference, the intermittent nature of wind and solar, and the fact that insufficient power to reliably move one ship will not be improved by hooking several together. Maybe we can put the farting cows on board and somehow use the methane (without burning it, of course!) to drive a fuel cell or something

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Being in engineering of some form all my life, I tend to start thinking of how to implement ideas when I hear them. So I’m thinking of this problem. One idea is pontoons with some kind of flexible captive rail so the track can move with the tide and wavesnog sure how to solve tsunamis. The train itself would of course have to be completely submersible. Well that’s obviously a bad idea. Scratch it. Too impractical. Materials don’t really exist to make a flexible rail that’s strong enough.

Okay, so a tube that floats on the water. The tube would have to be pretty flexible to be able to move with the ocean—wait. Scratch that. Not practical. That doesn’t really solve the problems with the flexible rail.

Okay, the tube would have to be uber strong and rigid and follow the contour of the ocean floor. Wait. Scratch that. The tube would have to be exceptionally strong to withstand the extreme pressures. Not to mention it has to be constructed by someone or something that can also withstand the pressures in the dealest parts of the ocean.

Okay, tunnel under the ocean floor! That’s IT! Dig a 2500 mile tunnel under the ocsan floor! Of course it would have to withstand volcanic and seismic action. But I think it’s totally doable. I mean hey, they built a tunnel under the English Channel. How much harder and more expensive could it be to dig one under the Pacific Ocean?

Think of how many jobs that would create. What an economic boon that would be!

Seriously, this is the reason why progressives need conservatives. They need someone to tell them how full of **** they are so they don’t go off soing stupid ****.
    And it has to be able to cope with the shifting of tectonic plates.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

View attachment 74573 View attachment 74574 View attachment 74575 View attachment 74576

Just hook a few of these together and you have a sea train! We just hand wave the problems of tethering, aerodynamic or hydrodynamic interference, the intermittent nature of wind and solar, and the fact that insufficient power to reliably move one ship will not be improved by hooking several together. Maybe we can put the farting cows on board and somehow use the methane (without burning it, of course!) to drive a fuel cell or something

NOT. FAST. ENOUGH.

And there are no rails involved. It's supposed to be a high speed RAIL system. So. Tunnel under the ocean floor. Pump in unicorn farts to prepel the train cars through the tunnel like a spitball through a straw. And let the PITA folks **** the unicorns to get their buy in. THAT'S the plan.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Train to Hawaii? Don't laugh. When I was in Iraq there were 3 overpasses in the desert. No roads, to towns no goat trails. Three very nice pavement and concrete bridges over a small piece of asphalt. Talk about a bridge to nowhere!!!!!

Average depth in the Pacific Ocean is 4 miles so...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    NOT. FAST. ENOUGH.

And there are no rails involved. It's supposed to be a high speed RAIL system. So. Tunnel under the ocean floor. Pump in unicorn farts to prepel the train cars through the tunnel like a spitball through a straw. And let the PITA folks **** the unicorns to get their buy in. THAT'S the plan.

But... but... the unicorn farts weaken or completely degrade the laws of physics! The more power you add, the faster you go. SeaTrains can be as fast as we want! :stampy footy:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Just line up a whole bunch of these ships and drive over them or put rails on top of them. Of course you would have to take it apart for bad weather and then reform it after the weather improved - kind of like a big LEGO floating bridge - just snap it together when you want. Then send million of liberals on a series of trains to test it. What could go wrong?

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    51543314_10216735703657901_8829145767668088832_n.jpg

That's a hat I'd buy and wear. Unfortunately I think the meaning would be lost on most young people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But... but... the unicorn farts weaken or completely degrade the laws of physics! The more power you add, the faster you go. SeaTrains can be as fast as we want! :stampy footy:
    Of course unicorn farts weaken or destroy the laws of physics. That’s what turns such a small volume of unicorn gas into a fast stream nearly endless wind that can propel train cars 2500 miles through a tube buried under the ocean.

Look. It’s either that or use protoplasm in the genesis matrix, and we all know how that turned out.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    A dual pneumatic tube, one west and one east.

Submerged like a submarine at 100 feet below sea level with automatically controlled ballast tanks.

It could be made from recycled ocean plastic.

It could not only link mainland US and Hawaii, but we could run tubes to Great Britain, France and Spain.

They would be clear and have links to sonar that would alert you to points of interest like sea life, submarines and such.

Hollywood would make movies like Murder on the Hawaii Express, Tube Force One, and the remake of The Taking of Pelham 123.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A dual pneumatic tube, one west and one east.

Submerged like a submarine at 100 feet below sea level with automatically controlled ballast tanks.

It could be made from recycled ocean plastic.

It could not only link mainland US and Hawaii, but we could run tubes to Great Britain, France and Spain.

They would be clear and have links to sonar that would alert you to points of interest like sea life, submarines and such.

Hollywood would make movies like Murder on the Hawaii Express, Tube Force One, and the remake of The Taking of Pelham 123.

Imagine the equivalent of air traffic control. When a train is ready to depart from say, LA to Honolulu, would they signal Hawaii? "Hawaii, this is the LA terminal. You are clear to suck." Or maybe just, "Hey Hawaii, suck it!" :):

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I actually envision a constant flow and cars are added into the flow through locks on both ends. I could draw you a picture, but I would not be able to post it.

I am sorry, but I could actually see this working.

Even if it was magnetic instead of pneumatic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom