Political funny pictures thread, part IV. Bring on the leather!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    51777425_2326588870892348_8118618135206035456_n.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And most trains run on fossil fuel.
    Electric trains and public transport mostly work (barely) in high population density areas.

Also, I wonder how Uber and Lyft drivers feel about being casually unemployed.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Electric trains and public transport mostly work (barely) in high population density areas.

No problem! The government will provide them with a good union job; unless they don't want to work. In that case, the government will provide then with an income, and housing, and food, and health care.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

Wasn't the plan to print money to cover those who were unable or unwilling to work?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Train to Hawaii gets me every time.

Being in engineering of some form all my life, I tend to start thinking of how to implement ideas when I hear them. So I’m thinking of this problem. One idea is pontoons with some kind of flexible captive rail so the track can move with the tide and wavesnog sure how to solve tsunamis. The train itself would of course have to be completely submersible. Well that’s obviously a bad idea. Scratch it. Too impractical. Materials don’t really exist to make a flexible rail that’s strong enough.

Okay, so a tube that floats on the water. The tube would have to be pretty flexible to be able to move with the ocean—wait. Scratch that. Not practical. That doesn’t really solve the problems with the flexible rail.

Okay, the tube would have to be uber strong and rigid and follow the contour of the ocean floor. Wait. Scratch that. The tube would have to be exceptionally strong to withstand the extreme pressures. Not to mention it has to be constructed by someone or something that can also withstand the pressures in the dealest parts of the ocean.

Okay, tunnel under the ocean floor! That’s IT! Dig a 2500 mile tunnel under the ocsan floor! Of course it would have to withstand volcanic and seismic action. But I think it’s totally doable. I mean hey, they built a tunnel under the English Channel. How much harder and more expensive could it be to dig one under the Pacific Ocean?

Think of how many jobs that would create. What an economic boon that would be!

Seriously, this is the reason why progressives need conservatives. They need someone to tell them how full of **** they are so they don’t go off soing stupid ****.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Electric trains and battery cars also run on fossil fuel, Mostly.

Oh no. They could run on the wind. In the tunnel. Under the ocean. Like blowing a spitball through a straw. It’ll be fab.

See. A little known fact about unicorn farts. They aren’t co2. They’re actually mostly oxygen and nitrogen and of course some harmless magical microscopic pixi dust. So they plan to gather a bunch of unicorns and capture their farts and direct them into the tunnel to produce a constant flow which will propel the train cars speedily through the 2500 miles of under-ocean tunnels.

The only problem, they have to get buy in from PITA. But they promised the PITA leadership that the unicorns would be made available for sex, so the leadership is expected to approve the plan.

AOC and the rest of her kindergarten class in congress (otherwise known as Democrats) have all those details worked out. Trust them. They know best.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom