SOUTH of Zombie city
    maXn75R.jpg

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I believe this to be true, but I also think most conservatives do not respond to polls because they believe most pollsters are left-leaning. That will skew the results. As more and more polls turn out to be wrong, more and more conservatives will believe the polls are lies.

Caller: Hi, we're looking for the opinions of a registered voter in your household.
    Callee: Sorry, fresh out of opinions. Have a nice day.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The question was not if, but when.

....and like there weren’t people killing and enslaving each other over here already.

BULL!!!! They were all peace loving hippies smoking weed and communing with nature!!!!!

Wow. Touchy subject. :):

Say what you will about the natives, but if I was faced with foreign invaders in my homeland in that time period, I'd likely have been just as brutal.

Luck of the draw is the only thing that determined whether you grew up learning the bow or the musket.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Say what you will about the natives, but if I was faced with foreign invaders in my homeland in that time period, I'd likely have been just as brutal.

Luck of the draw is the only thing that determined whether you grew up learning the bow or the musket.

Well, sure, but we were talking about what the natives did to each other, not what they did to the "foreign invaders." We would all fight back using any means necessary. No doubt.

...and how do we define "foreign invaders" anyway? The guys coming across the ocean on the ships, sure. What about the guys who live on the next island? Aren't they "foreign invaders"? What about the guys who live on the other side of the valley who now want your side of the valley, aren't they "foreign invaders"?

The point is just this- this is what went on for all of human history up to a nanosecond ago in human civilization time (and still goes on some places). We now have decided that when people with lighter skin tone do what people with the same skin tone were doing to each other for a long, long time, well then, clutch your pearls.

Obviously, wholesale violence was never a good thing. It's just amusing to see arbitrary distinctions being made that somehow get accepted as the new truth.

Western civilization....it's a good thing.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Well, sure, but we were talking about what the natives did to each other, not what they did to the "foreign invaders." We would all fight back using any means necessary. No doubt.

...and how do we define "foreign invaders" anyway? The guys coming across the ocean on the ships, sure. What about the guys who live on the next island? Aren't they "foreign invaders"? What about the guys who live on the other side of the valley who now want your side of the valley, aren't they "foreign invaders"?

The point is just this- this is what went on for all of human history up to a nanosecond ago in human civilization time (and still goes on some places). We now have decided that when people with lighter skin tone do what people with the same skin tone were doing to each other for a long, long time, well then, clutch your pearls.

Obviously, wholesale violence was never a good thing. It's just amusing to see arbitrary distinctions being made that somehow get accepted as the new truth.

Western civilization....it's a good thing.

This is a pretty good book Hough......I think you would dig it......

51XhPA4C8uL._SX306_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

According to the Smithsonian there are fourteen skeletal remains found that are over 8000-9000 years old in the America's....Ten of those were either died by their wounds or had combat wounds that healed......

As the old Cherokee said to Daniel Boone at the Sycamore Shoals treaty.....

"You have your land Boone, but I think you are going to find it's a dark and bloody ground..."

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

According to the Smithsonian there are fourteen skeletal remains found that are over 8000-9000 years old in the America's....Ten of those were either killed by their wounds or had combat wounds that healed......

The puzzling thing is why that kind of information would surprise someone (which it does). The paradigm of the "peaceful hippies" may be accurate for a tribe or two, but the various migrations to the Americas brought a very diverse set of people and all brought their own culture and customs. There was no monolithic "first peoples" culture, as much as modern revisionist history would like to portray.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Wow. Touchy subject. :):

I've studied this area a lot....My shop is full of native artifacts and I have done documentary film work on that period...My wife is 20 pct native American...It's a very complicated subject for certain.....

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The puzzling thing is why that kind of information would surprise someone (which it does). The paradigm of the "peaceful hippies" may be accurate for a tribe or two, but the various migrations to the Americas brought a very diverse set of people and all brought their own culture and customs. There was no monolithic "first peoples" culture, as much as modern revisionist history would like to portray.

The first people on the continent (North American) were Solutreans out of ice age Europe...They got wiped out during the Younger Dryas asteroid event that took out the mega fauna here and in Europe....Australian aborigines were the first in South America about 18,000 years ago....My wife's south American DNA puts her in Ecuador in the Andes about 8000 years ago and her North American native DNA puts her in North America about 10,000 years ago...She's about 1/5th Native....Here's a pic....

laurageary.jpg

9k=
    hqdefault.jpg
    clovispts6easternsmall.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg

Clovis sites....They came from the east...Not the west....
    solutrean.clovisusa.jpg

2AC1939F00000578-3170959-Geneticists_have_found_that_Native_American_tribes_living_in_the-a-17_1437577889647.jpg
    A stunning discovery by US and Brazilian geneticists has provided definitive evidence for a controversial theory that the Siberian ancestors of modern Native Americans were not the first people to colonise the Americas.A team of US and Brazilian geneticists, led by Dr David Reich, of Harvard Medical School’s Department of Genetics, has shown that members of the Surui, Karitiana and Xavante peoples of Brazil’s Amazonia region, carry distinctive DNA sequences that identify them as the descendants of an earlier wave of colonists known as the Australoids.
    These people, said to have left Africa 50,000 years ago, are related to Australia’s Aborigines, the Onge people of India’s Andaman Islands, and Papua New Guineans.
    Dr Reich and his colleagues have also identified Australoid genetic motifs in the indigenous Mixe people of the eastern Highlands of M

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

According to the Smithsonian there are fourteen skeletal remains found that are over 8000-9000 years old in the America's....Ten of those were either died by their wounds or had combat wounds that healed......

As the old Cherokee said to Daniel Boone at the Sycamore Shoals treaty.....

"You have your land Boone, but I think you are going to find it's a dark and bloody ground..."

Looks like a good read. Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom