• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    39876123_1677911838984942_5292521966446575616_n.jpg

I remember an accountant friend of mine who said if you weren't being audited every year you weren't being aggressive enough with your deductions. Maybe all political campaigns are the same way, it's only 24/7 news when big media hates you.

That said, my friend did work for Arthur Anderson.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Article II Section 2

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and
    he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

I don't think impeachment is a pardonable offense

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    Article II Section 2

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and
    he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

I don't think impeachment is a pardonable offense

And as I recall, Al Gore did not become President when Bill Clinton was impeached.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    And as I recall, Al Gore did not become President when Bill Clinton was impeached.

Right, there are millions of people that do not understand impeachment.

US Constitution Art. II, § 4: “The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors”.

The House impeached Clinton, but he was not removed from office because there were not enough votes in the Senate to convict him. Had that happened, Al Gore would have succeeded him as president. When Nixon resigned, Ford became president. No US president has been removed from office using this clause.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Clinton was impeached but not found guilty by the Senate - correct ? Above wouldn’t have come into question unless Clinton had been removed from office.

Right. Impeachment does not remove a president. Impeachment is like an accusation. It is the guilty finding that removes a president.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom