12   0   0
    DlTSxISW0AAHJU8.jpg

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Click to play. It is short. I have always wondered but never bothered to look it up, if this fool is really a reverend. Sure doesn't talk like one. Or pay his taxes like one. Or spell like one. R-E-S-P-I-C-T? Just another race hustler, like Jesse Jackson.

[video=facebook_share;1342439799225072]https://www.facebook.com/WorldCloudLA/videos/1342439799225072/[/video]

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What does that term mean?

Number of negative replies far outnumber positive. I got that term from my son. Youngins like to make everything verbs these days.

Getting "ratioed" is a bit more nuanced than simply more negative comments then positive.

There is sort of a twitter pattern and hierarchy that plays out with popular or viral tweets. They usually have a very high number of likes followed by retweets, then comments.

Liking a tweet takes the least amount of effort and generally just means 'I agree' or 'this made me chuckle.' It's easy to do so there are generally more "likes" than other interactions. Very popular tweets might get thouands or even tens or hundreds of thousands of likes.

Next come retweets, which generally means 'I agree and I want my followers to see it too.' It still takes little effort, but there is a little more ownership attached to it because you're somewhat endorsing and attaching yourself to that person's line of thinking. There are usually fewer retweets than likes but you still might see popular posts generate thousands of them.

Leaving a comment takes the most amount of effort and even the most high traction tweets generally only get a few thousand comments. Essentially the ratio of comments is low compared to retweets and likes.

When someone gets "ratioed" you see the reverse. They have very few likes and retweets, but lots and lots of comments. It basically means that no one wanted to be associated with the moronic line of thinking, and people are going out of their way to come out of the woodwork and call out the OP for being an idiot.

So if you see a tweet with 2,000 comments, 20 retweets and 30 likes, that is one that's been ratioed.

Obligatory pic:
    Let-Me-Post-My-Religious-And-Political-Views-In-The-Comment-That-Will-Change-Everyones-View-Funny-Political-Meme-Image.jpg

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    click to play

[video=facebook_share;512379715899545]https://www.facebook.com/officialbenshapiro/videos/512379715899545/[/video]

click to play

[video=facebook_share;1974968619465626]https://www.facebook.com/officialbenshapiro/videos/1974968619465626/[/video]

Crap.
    I guess I should have labeled them.
    Cause now I don't remember what they were.
    But, being political, Facebook probably didn't like them.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Click to play. It is short. I have always wondered but never bothered to look it up, if this fool is really a reverend. Sure doesn't talk like one. Or pay his taxes like one. Or spell like one. R-E-S-P-I-C-T? Just another race hustler, like Jesse Jackson.

]

I recall the press vilified Dan Quayle for misspelling potato.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom