Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth and populated the Earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, green and yellow and red vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.

Then using God's great gifts, Satan created Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream and Krispy Creme Donuts. And Satan said, "You want chocolate with that?" And Man said, "Yes!" and Woman said, "and as long as you're at it, add some sprinkles."And they gained 10 pounds. And Satan smiled.

And God created the healthful yogurt that Woman might keep the figure that Man found so fair. And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat, and sugar from the cane and combined them. And Woman went from size 6 to size 14.

So God said, "Try my fresh green salad." And Satan presented Thousand-Island Dressing, buttery croutons and garlic toast on the side. And Man and Woman unfastened their belts following the repast.

God then said, "I have sent you heart healthy vegetables and olive oil in which to cook them." And Satan brought forth deep fried fish and chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter.And Man gained more weight and his cholesterol went through the roof. God then created a light, fluffy white cake, named it "Angel Food Cake" and said, "It is good." Satan then created chocolate cake and named it "Devil's Food."

God then brought forth running shoes so that His children might lose those extra pounds.And Satan gave cable TV with a remote control so Man would not have to toil changing the channels. And Man and Woman laughed and cried before the flickering blue light and gained pounds.

Then God brought forth the potato, naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition. And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fried them. And Man gained pounds.

God then gave lean beef so that Man might consume fewer calories and still satisfy his appetite. And Satan created McDonald's and its 99-cent double cheeseburger.Then said, "You want fries with that?" And Man replied, "Yes! And super-size them!" And Satan said, "It is good." And Man went into cardiac arrest.

God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.

Then Satan created a Government supplied Health Care System. Amen

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    35975261_985870241573305_7890289672226603008_n.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    :ranton:It was Richard Lugar's vote to confirm Elena Kagan to the SCOTUS that made it necessary for me to work hard to primary that RINO. And we did. Got rid of him. We got Richard Mourdock as the Republican candidate -- a fine man and great conservative candidate -- to run against Joe Donnely. The liberal Indy press set up Mourdock with an unexpected and trick question on abortion, which admittedly he did not handle well. That cost him the election. I know it was six years ago, but it still makes my blood boil. Still, Donnely voted mostly the same way Lugar would have, so it was sort of a wash. Hopefully now we can vote his ass out of there. Sorry for the rant. Seeing this reminded me of it and it was like scratching off a scab. :ranton:

Well, you and a bunch of Democrats. Mourdock was a horrible candidate who couldn't handle a simple gotcha question. Just weeks prior to Mourdock's meltdown, Todd Akin had just pulled the "legitimate rape" comment. Stupid. Absolutely stupid. And then Mourdock isn't prepared for that kind of question? Are you ****ing kidding me? Candidates that stupid deserve to lose, but unfortunately it sticks us with Democrats. It would be swell if the GOP could just stop putting up stupid candidates like that.

It's been a long 6 years, but here's to voting Joe-joe the union ho out of office.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, you and a bunch of Democrats. Mourdock was a horrible candidate who couldn't handle a simple gotcha question. Just weeks prior to Mourdock's meltdown, Todd Akin had just pulled the "legitimate rape" comment. Stupid. Absolutely stupid. And then Mourdock isn't prepared for that kind of question? Are you ****ing kidding me? Candidates that stupid deserve to lose, but unfortunately it sticks us with Democrats. It would be swell if the GOP could just stop putting up stupid candidates like that.

It's been a long 6 years, but here's to voting Joe-joe the union ho out of office.

With all respect to you. What makes you think that the democrat candidate is any smarter? If he or you or I were treated the same way by a hounding press we would eventually give them something that they could exploit.

Quale misspelled a word. Ford tripped, and on and on. The only ones so far that have held up over the incessant attacks were Reagan and Trump.

No progressive is ever hounded at all.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    With all respect to you. What makes you think that the democrat candidate is any smarter? If he or you or I were treated the same way by a hounding press we would eventually give them something that they could exploit.

Quale misspelled a word. Ford tripped, and on and on. The only ones so far that have held up over the incessant attacks were Reagan and Trump.

I'm not saying the democrat IS any smarter. I'm saying because the republican was so stupid, now I'm stuck with a stupid democrat. That's the world we're in. Mourdock should have seen what happened to Todd Akin. Of COURSE he was going to get that question. There was no way he wasn't going to get that question. Why the hell wouldn't he have been prepared for it? He answered stupidly. He brought it on himself.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It will always be something and the other side will never be held to ANY standard.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Lol... but while avoiding the obvious, I think I need to point out that the VP's misspelling situation occurred at a school, where he "corrected" a student who had originally spelled a word the right way. You can't tell me that isn't fair game.
    Let's not pretend that brief bouts with stupidity, are only pointed out when Republicans do it. Not even a week ago someone was talking about Obama's "57 states" comment, and Joe Biden, is the gift that keeps on giving.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It will always be something and the other side will never be held to ANY standard.

This is what the die-hard partisan on both side say. It's demonstrably false. Any example you can cite, for one party, will have a mirror example for the other.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Lol... but while avoiding the obvious, I think I need to point out that the VP's misspelling situation occurred at a school, where he "corrected" a student who had originally spelled a word the right way. You can't tell me that isn't fair game.
    Let's not pretend that brief bouts with stupidity, are only pointed out when Republicans do it. Not even a week ago someone was talking about Obama's "57 states" comment, and Joe Biden, is the gift that keeps on giving.

Yes WE talk about it (obama,biden) but the mainstream media didn’t/doesn’t.

If obama pulled a Quale you would never hear about it outside of Limbaugh Or Hannity.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This is what the die-hard partisan on both side say. It's demonstrably false. Any example you can cite, for one party, will have a mirror example for the other.

Give me the short list of Democrats that have been investigated by the feds and wound up going to jail for an unrelated lie.

I'll wait.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Not true at all when it comes to mainstream media. The left tilt bias is very obvious and almost everybody knows it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom