Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not true at all when it comes to the media. It is very obvious and almost everybody knows it.

Of course nearly all of the mainstream media is left. But there is a right leaning media, and they waffle too. All he’s saying is that partisans will give a pass to their own people, but squeal like stuck pigs when the other does the same thing.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    24q0s9u.jpg

You left off "Obama's legacy of transparency and lack of scandal"

That was totally trustworthy

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Of course nearly all of the mainstream media is left. But there is a right leaning media, and they waffle too. All he’s saying is that partisans will give a pass to their own people, but squeal like stuck pigs when the other does the same thing.

So, you're saying that right-wing media just grew organically and its rise had nothing to do with the obvious domination of the traditional media by left wing partisans? Wasn't Fox at one time the network to beat in the ratings?

Why do you think so many were so hungry for another side of the story?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Give me the short list of Democrats that have been investigated by the feds and wound up going to jail for an unrelated lie.

I'll wait.

Cite an example, and I'll see what I can find. Because I'm not certain I know of even a Republican example that applies to the above.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Scooter Libby.

Uhhh... the investigation for which Scooter Libby went to jail, was about the disclosure of the identities of CIA agents. Scooter Libby went to jail for disclosing the identities of CIA agents... specifically Valerie Wilson. Unless you are speaking about something else, this does not appear to satisfy your premise of being investigated by the Feds, and going to jail for an unrelated lie.

34e6m34.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    United States v. Libby. ... Pursuant to the grand jury leak investigation, Libby wasconvicted on March 6, 2007, on four counts of perjury, obstruction of justice, and making false statements. He was acquitted of one count of making false statements.Libby was sentenced to 30 months in prison and fined $250,000.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I'm not saying the democrat IS any smarter. I'm saying because the republican was so stupid, now I'm stuck with a stupid democrat. That's the world we're in. Mourdock should have seen what happened to Todd Akin. Of COURSE he was going to get that question. There was no way he wasn't going to get that question. Why the hell wouldn't he have been prepared for it? He answered stupidly. He brought it on himself.

I respectfully disagree. He was/is not a stupid man. He is bright, a good man, and a staunch conservative. I met Mr. Mourdock and spoke with him on several occasions. He would have made a great legislator. He simply did not have the political training to see this trap and know, on the spur of the moment how to handle it. It is easy to Monday morning quarterback when you are not the one constantly on the spot. But as pointed out, there is another thread for this kind of discussion. This one is supposed to be for pictures or videos, like the video below, which is political, but perhaps should be in the Sad But True thread. These people are true idiots. And they vote (I assume).

[video=facebook_share;692065600917625]https://www.facebook.com/WorldCloudLA/videos/692065600917625/[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    United States v. Libby. ... Pursuant to the grand jury leak investigation, Libby wasconvicted on March 6, 2007, on four counts of perjury, obstruction of justice, and making false statements. He was acquitted of one count of making false statements.Libby was sentenced to 30 months in prison and fined $250,000.

I'm honestly not sure if you're joking, or honestly think the above charges were unrelated to the original investigation. Libby was investigated for leaking the name of an CIA agent. He lied about it (perjury/false statements), and tried to cover it up (obstruction). There's no actual crime called "Leaking the Names of CIA Agents." The law isn't that specific.

34e6m34.jpg

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I respectfully disagree. He was/is not a stupid man. He is bright, a good man, and a staunch conservative. I met Mr. Mourdock and spoke with him on several occasions. He would have made a great legislator. He simply did not have the political training to see this trap and know, on the spur of the moment how to handle it. It is easy to Monday morning quarterback when you are not the one constantly on the spot. But as pointed out, there is another thread for this kind of discussion. This one is supposed to be for pictures or videos, like the video below, which is political, but perhaps should be in the Sad But True thread. These people are true idiots. And they vote (I assume).

[video=facebook_share;692065600917625]https://www.facebook.com/WorldCloudLA/videos/692065600917625/[/video]

That is just pitiful. And there are millions more just like them - all with their little signs, barely capable of chanting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom