May 12, 2009
    Am I a bigot you mean? Yep !

images

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I love people who are so out of touch with their own reality they can cast stones at another.

There is not a member on this board that doesn't hold a prejudice or avarice for another or another sect of our world society.

You can claim otherwise but it is a personal deception you are running on yourselves.

It is a fact of human nature and though one would view themselves as pure as the driven snow in this respect, you are sorely disillusioned.

The baser instincts of self survival and distrust of those different from yourselves is what has allowed your "group" to survive and prosper.

Quit being prim and proper and embrace where you come from. Be proud of it and wear it like a badge.

The hilarious part is not one of you have the slightest inkling of my genetic makeup.

And how is this thread ensuring your survival?

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    big·ot (b g

n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

All racists are bigots, not all bigots are racists. Just sayin'

Last edited:

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    We would do well to stop getting diverted by meaningless issues like race.

barry is a jackass and a threat to the republic.

His race has nothing to do with it.

I am finished posting on this thread.

Best regards to you all.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    He is a true believer but he is not a fool. To think so is to commit the strategic sin that Sun Zi warned about: underestimating your enemy.

A true believer to us may seem like a potted plant but that is because our/my mirovozzreny is so radically different.

He's a deadly potted plant. Better? :laugh:

You mean the cretinous drivel he spouts. Stop and think, maybe he really is a cretin.

Good example of Ockham's razor.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    And how is this thread ensuring your survival?

It isn't, my survival comes from self determination and my God given talents.

I would just hope that others survival might be enhanced by questioning the politically correct norm they are force fed from every quarter.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I love people who are so out of touch with their own reality they can cast stones at another.

There is not a member on this board that doesn't hold a prejudice or avarice for another or another sect of our world society.

You can claim otherwise but it is a personal deception you are running on yourselves.

It is a fact of human nature and though one would view themselves as pure as the driven snow in this respect, you are sorely disillusioned.

The baser instincts of self survival and distrust of those different from yourselves is what has allowed your "group" to survive and prosper.

Quit being prim and proper and embrace where you come from. Be proud of it and wear it like a badge.

The hilarious part is not one of you have the slightest inkling of my genetic makeup.

I do embrace where I come from: " There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ". Perhaps I should embrace the legacy of fools, instead?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Did you happen to look at the YouTube videos posted right above yours?

I did, and I can decidedly agree that is not Obama. The problem? Those clips have absolutely nothing to do with "Ebonics." The vernacular he was using is common to both black and white in the south. So is it still "Ebonics" if white people speak it too?

(Come on down to Enterprise, AL, we all speak that way)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    No, cling to your God.

Rest assured I need no second bidding!

I must ask, is it not also true that one can react to a given norm (like the PC nonsense you mention) by creating its exact opposite? For example one could be be racist or bigoted merely because you can see that the tiptoeing on eggshells PC stuff is idiotic and think that the perfect opposite is thus correct? It would seem that neither is correct: without the aid of other ethnic, religious, and social groups that differ from our own, our society would suffer as much or more than it currently suffers under the regime of Political Correctness.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Rest assured I need no second bidding!

I must ask, is it not also true that one can react to a given norm (like the PC nonsense you mention) by creating its exact opposite? For example one could be be racist or bigoted merely because you can see that the tiptoeing on eggshells PC stuff is idiotic and think that the perfect opposite is thus correct? It would seem that neither is correct: without the aid of other ethnic, religious, and social groups that differ from our own, our society would suffer as much or more than it currently suffers under the regime of Political Correctness.

OK, let's try a little translation here, pardon if I fumble in the effort: I see you purporting that either extreme is a negative correct? The pursuit should be for some ethereal middle ground so society doesn't suffer? One question though, in history, from our Neanderthal awakening until now, has bigotry not been a part of the grand scheme of things steering the very fabric of society and been a major contributor to the advancement of all mankind?

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I did, and I can decidedly agree that is not Obama. The problem? Those clips have absolutely nothing to do with "Ebonics." The vernacular he was using is common to both black and white in the south. So is it still "Ebonics" if white people speak it too?

^^^^^EXACTLY^^^^^

I originally used "Ebonics" in a very generic manner. Others chose to interject race.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

Ever hear the phrase, "Politics is perception"?

He's putting forth the effort to his audience that he's down for not only being black, but he could be one "of dem"......pun intended......from their own "hood".

Now I only wonder, if the ebony speak is actually written that way into the teleprompter....which isn't indigenous with any particular skin color.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    At times I find myself altering my diction, depending on the group around me. Sometimes it is intentional and at other times I don't even recognize it. Sometimes I do it to make others comfortable and other times it's to make me feel comfortable. However, I never consider anyone "unwashed," including myself.

It's very similar to the times when I notice people who sound like Harvard professors in one setting and then participants on the set of My Redneck Vacation, in others. I would think if anyone is around different groups of people, it's something that can become very natural.

Linguists call it "accomodation". It's more prevalent in conversation with people you like or are trying to impress. Not so much with those you despise.:dunno:

Top Bottom