• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    having waaay too much fun to step away so soon! Yeah, getting some negative rep, but getting positive stuff too. There are a lot of people out there who feel as I do

I'm sure there are and I agree with some of the things your saying. The fact is unless Frank was one of the cops in the video the last few pages of this thread are off topic.
    I do commend your conviction though.;)

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    having waaay too much fun to step away so soon! Yeah, getting some negative rep, but getting positive stuff too. There are a lot of people out there who feel as I do

So, you are NOT denying making sweeping generalizations any longer? Now you embrace them because some people agree with you?

:scratch: Hmmmm :scratch:

OK, clearly time for ME to step away from the thread.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    See, someone exercises thier freedom of speech, and you have people insulting them. Can't have civil discourse can you? I have never insulted anyone on this site, not sure why you feel the need to.

Where is the insult?

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    So, you are NOT denying making sweeping generalizations any longer? Now you embrace them because some people agree with you?

:scratch: Hmmmm :scratch:

OK, clearly time for ME to step away from the thread.
    I never made any sweeping generalizations, you need to read the entire thread too. I simple stated my opinion. Nothing any cop has said on here has done anything other than reinforce that opinion. Too bad, was a blown opportunity to begin changing someones opinion.

I have gotten as many positive reps now as negative. That's a fact, doesn't change anything.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    E5Ranger, why are you letting UncleMike get away with some of these statements? I don't argue police stuff with him anymore because you've been doing a good job of it. Now there's some love fest thing going on.

Seriously, you two need to get a room.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Take into consideration that he (j706) is likely one of the people that I alluded to earlier.
    Someone who is tired of being crapped on.
    Even those of us with the thickest skin have a point at which we say;
    "I'm mad as Hell, and I'm not going to take this any more!!" :dunno:
    LEO's understand that an attack on one of them, is an attack on all of them.
    Their reaction is perfectly normal for humans.
    It's called "Self Defense". :)
    you brought up a good point mike about when one cop gets they feel it is an attack on all of them. strangely enough people who are not leo feel the same way. when they see a rogue cop attacking a citizen it is viewed as an attack on all citizens.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

plus_one.png

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    E5Ranger, why are you letting UncleMike get away with some of these statements? I don't argue police stuff with him anymore because you've been doing a good job of it. Now there's some love fest thing going on.

:):

Mike knows I do not agree with him on a lot. but I think we both realized that we never will so I dont dredge up the past. Im not saying we wont get into some more fights on here for the sake of defending our opinions, but I dont think he is a bad guy overall. I think I did misjudge him on some stuff before like his patriotism, but if he tells me to GTFO of my own country again I'd still open a can on his ass ;):):

hotels are expensive. why get a room when we could just use the back of mikes police car :dunno::D

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

Mike knows I do not agree with him on a lot. but I think we both realized that we never will so I dont dredge up the past. Im not saying we wont get into some more fights on here for the sake of defending our opinions, but I dont think he is a bad guy overall. I think I did misjudge him on some stuff before like his patriotism, but if he tells me to GTFO of my own country again I'd still open a can on his ass ;):):

hotels are expensive. why get a room when we could just use the back of mikes police car :dunno::D

Mike's old, he had a police horse-and-buggy. Or a dinosaur.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I never made any sweeping generalizations, you need to read the entire thread too.

LOL, OK, I will RE-read the entire thread, since I've already read it once :)

This is just typical of the lack of respect a lot of cops show to the citizens who pay thier salaries. And they don't understand why people don't trust them.

GENERALIZATION.

Then start cleaning up your house. As I said, as long as cops cover for each other, none of them get any respect from me.

GENERALIZATION

I read some of your other post. You are exactly what I am talking about, nothing but defending any actions of another cop.

RASH CONCLUSION BASED ON LIMITED INFORMATION.

I remember a time when a popular police motto was "to protect and serve" from my point of view, they have forgotten that.

GENERALIZATION

More typical cop towards citizen attitude. Exactly what I am talking about.

GENERALIZATION

Problem is, they all seem to think it's ok to be disrespectful and insulting...

GENERALIZATION

Does that help? You're acting all butthurt because someone insulted you. They insulted you because you generalize. You deny generalizing. Then you say your generalizations are OK becasue some people agree with you, then you deny generalizing again. You suggest that the only reason I could disagree with you is because I didn't read the thread. Maybe I'm not the one that needed to re-read it.

Better to just agree to disagree and then move on rather than playing the butthurt victim.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I just read the thread. Lot of cop bashing, people crying, RANGER wanting to have sex with another guy....

Yup, just a typical thread on INGO :D

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Since I'm on a damn dial up now I'll just bulk answer you guys.

You're just jealous. :D

you brought up a good point mike about when one cop gets they feel it is an attack on all of them. strangely enough people who are not leo feel the same way. when they see a rogue cop attacking a citizen it is viewed as an attack on all citizens.
    I understand that.
    However, for the most part, the Citizens are the ones committing the crime.
    (Although I did work an investigation that resulted in a bad Cop going to prison.)
    I will not defend a bad Cop!!!
    I just require that the Cop in question be afforded the same right of "Innocent until proven guilty" that every Citizen has.
    Doesn't seem like too much to ask, does it?
    :)

I haven't told you to GTFO for months now.
    There ya go dredging up the past again. :(
    Yup!
    I'm sure we'll disagree in the future but I think we've cleared the air as to where we stand on certain issues. ;)

Mike's old, he had a police horse-and-buggy. Or a dinosaur.
    Buggy???
    We didn't need no stinkin buggies.
    (Well the Chief had one but that's because he was a wussy.)

Did ya ever try to "do it" on a horse??
    Really difficult!! :noway:

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    obviously another cop aren't you.

i have been a member of this site for almost a year now. don't post a lot, just was bored today. i generally use the site as a reference. i am 48 years old, have been reloading since i was 6 years old, have served in military and probably know more about guns than most on here. if you people want to consider me a newbie, all i can say is gfy.

and ElsiePeaRN, you say generalization, it is my opinion, which I am entitled to. You like to say generalization so that somehow it makes what I am saying untrue. That may work for you and your buddies. Apparently many on here agree with me, does that make you mad?

If this forum is just a gathering place for rude cops, then maybe I will stay away, or maybe I will just continue to play. Maybe you should have a pool to see how long i last too.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Sounds like you've got it all figured out. And if you know more than most here, why do you even bother? Thanks for stopping by and gracing us with your presence.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    and ElsiePeaRN, you say generalization, it is my opinion, which I am entitled to.

You are entitled to an opinion, of course. And other people are entitled to disagree with you. The fact is, I AGREE with much of what you say, minus the generalizatios and jumping to conclusions. I agree that good officers need to hold the bad apples accountable. The few bad ones make life much more difficult for the good officers and for citizens. It just makes me crazy when you judge all police officers by the behavior of a distinct subgroup.

You like to say generalization so that somehow it makes what I am saying untrue.

That's because it does. A generalization is a logical fallacy, therefore what you say using a generalization is generally ;) untrue. When ever you say something about ALL cops based on the behavior of a few, it is most likely untrue.

That may work for you and your buddies.

I have no idea what you are saying here. What may work for me and what buddies?

Apparently many on here agree with me, does that make you mad?

If this forum is just a gathering place for rude cops, then maybe I will stay away, or maybe I will just continue to play.

We have a very diverse group here. But if you decide to stick around, I hope you'll be prepared to defend your statements without getting all butthurt and whining that someone insulted you by calling you a *gasp* newbie! and calling BS when you make a generalization.

Maybe you should have a pool to see how long i last too.

No need. I hope you stick around. You haven't broken any forum rules or called anyone names. Your argumentation style may get a much needed tune up here :)

Top Bottom