• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    There are Police officers that are members of INGO, active and retired. Why are none of you giving advice on matters like this. It is not right that law abiding people are being treated like they are in some of these posts. Remember, some of your neighbors are INGO members also.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I apologize but I am not following OP. Advice on what exactly? We have several LEOs on this board. Some are very active. I think others lurk. Sometimes both the LEO bashing and hero worship gets out of hand. LEOs are people just doing a job.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Most of them have voiced their opinion at one time or another. But, it's just that, their opinion. None of the officers here speak for their department, AFAIK, nor should they. This is not the place for official communication from any law enforcement agent or agency, from Barney Fife to Robert Mueller.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I`m talking about some of the other threads where people are being detained illegally. With illegal vehicle searches and wether or not to exit your vehicle on command. I would just like to hear what they have to say.

Sometimes they DO comment. Sometimes they don't. Frankly, with the amount of cop-hating on INGO, I'm surprised any of them comment at all.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    There are quite a few LEOs that post, and many have been vocal when a citizens rights seem to have been infringed upon.

The thing is, when a LEO stops an individual and it plays out how we all believe it should, they do not open a thread to talk about it. The same goes when LEO discuss respecting citizens rights with co-workers - it just isn't something that is generally made public.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Most of them started out doing exactly what you said, but there are to many on this board that would rather bash LEO's as a whole and it has put a sour taste in their mouth. If i were an LEO i would not be a member of this board... PERIOD.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    One of the first things police officers learn on the job is just how many sides there are to any given story.

It's one reason why the good ones have no problem with video.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    For my part, I've found that any LEO response is normally fodder for the hate cannon and many times simply "bait" to have someone to bash. If someone's civil rights have truly been violated by a police officer, there are plenty of avenues of recourse other than discussion on a gun board.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    As others have said, cops on the forum do post in those threads. What would you like them to say?

"That one-sided story about a traffic stop I read on an internet forum is appalling! I will report it to internal affairs immediately, despite the fact that no names were mentioned!"

Maybe all the cops should add a special symbol to their sig line so we know who they are, and can all jump in on them whenever a thread like that materializes? Ooh, and at INGO gatherings, they can wear the same symbol, but on an arm patch!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    As others have said, cops on the forum do post in those threads. What would you like them to say?

"That one-sided story about a traffic stop I read on an internet forum is appalling! I will report it to internal affairs immediately, despite the fact that no names were mentioned!"

Maybe all the cops should add a special symbol to their sig line so we know who they are, and can all jump in on them whenever a thread like that materializes? Ooh, and at INGO gatherings, they can wear the same symbol, but on an arm patch!

Lets just make it a letter? How about scarlet in color.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Being LEO does not make one an authority on such matters.
    Being disarmed by a LEO that doesn't know how to remove a round from the chamber is a good indicator.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I suspect they've also learned that "we" only want their opinions and input when they happen to coincide with OUR opinions or best interests. If their opinions are different, they are JBTs.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Sometimes they DO comment. Sometimes they don't. Frankly, with the amount of cop-hating on INGO, I'm surprised any of them comment at all.

From your lips, to God's ears.

Most of them started out doing exactly what you said, but there are to many on this board that would rather bash LEO's as a whole and it has put a sour taste in their mouth. If i were an LEO i would not be a member of this board... PERIOD.

(See my post count from the last year. I'm surprised I actually saw this thread...)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/150973-cop_bashing-2.html

POST #57:
    5-24-11

"I'm one of the LEO's who doesn't visit as much anymore. I still like the site, but am disappointed by the tone as of late. No, I'm not butthurt because I have done nothing wrong. Many folks have met me and know that I'm a stand-up guy and that there's nothing I wouldn't do to help any of the members here.

I toak an oath to serve and protect the people of the state of Indiana and the Constitution of both the United States and the State of Indiana. It p!$$es me off to no end when I see some of the stupid things some of my brethren do, and some of the idiotic ideas the courts and administrations place upon us, at the burden of the people we serve. You'll find that the good officers continue to do their jobs everyday, helping others, rather than be hamstrung by those idiotic policies.

What I guess I'm saying is that we, the good cops, are already here (on INGO) and on your side. We disagree with the stupid rulings and policies and fight them as much as we can within our abilities. Like the saying goes, "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism," we are true patriots and continue to uphold the rights of the citizens by NOT following those rulings. None of the INGO LEO's are going to come kick YOUR door in (or anybody's door for that matter,) just because some court says you can't resist us if we do so. Voicing your objections to those rulings and the continued trampling of the rights of US as citizens is the highest form of patriotism, and I join you in that fight.

We do what we can to fight for the people we serve - we're not the ones you need to take the fight to. WE need to stand up for OUR rights outside of our comfort zone (quit preaching to the choir) and take it to the lawmakers where those decisions are made.

This site, (along with other forums, clubs and fraternities,) is my playground. When the other kids come to play and b!tch about what they're serving in the cafeteria, all day every day, you don't want to come out and play anymore."

Sometimes it just stops being fun...

Life sucks, wear a helmet, don't do stupid things, know your rights.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana

I suspect they've also learned that "we" only want their opinions and input when they happen to coincide with OUR opinions or best interests. If their opinions are different, they are JBTs.

This pretty much sums it up for me, I decided a while back that if I was going to continue to particpate in any way here on INGO it would be because of my love (:n00b:) for guns and would, as much as I could, stay out of the cop bashing threads. I started in Law Enforcement in 1987 and have fought too many battles to want to continue to argue with someone on the internet when I am enjoying my time off of work. I am on INGO for the guns :draw::D

Top Bottom