• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    So my question is, what would've happened to the woman who was mauled on her front porch by Officer Chompy if she would've instead pulled out a weapon and shot the dog?

She'd be alright if she shot the dog, but not if she shot into ground to scare him off.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have always thought that dogs only use for police should be sniffing drugs or explosives, they are animals and will act as such. But if you shoot one is it not the same as shooting a cop or is that a rumour.

This always reminds me of the movie 'Half Baked' when the police horse dies from eating people food. "You killed Buttercup!"

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    IF my GSD were to attack a human without being justly provoked or commanded, I would shoot it without hesitation. It would be the hardest thing to do but a human is a human. my dog doesnt even have all the training a police dog has.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    IF my GSD were to attack a human without being justly provoked or commanded, I would shoot it without hesitation. It would be the hardest thing to do but a human is a human. my dog doesnt even have all the training a police dog has.

Not me. I threaten to shoot mine about twice a day for the dumb **** he does. I would welcome a good excuse. :n00b: :laugh:

BigGuyinMuncie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Muncie
    Bet that lady won't have to worry about the crime in her new neighborhood ( I assume she will have a nice new house on the department before all is said and done) Sucks that it happened to her, sounds like the dog should be put down.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i won't name any names but we had a perimeter set up and k9 was out. he was on his lead and alerted on a barn. the other officer dropped down to check under and the dog bit the **** out of the other officer.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    They say that the police dogs are alerted to explosives and such, but does that mean they are sniffing for explosives when the sniff each others butts? :D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The thing is, the dogs that are used for this type of work have VERY high prey drives and are VERY hot. That being said, the handler should've kept a hold of his damn dog. IF a working police/military dog can't be trusted around people, it's not an appropriate ambassador for the department it's working for and should be removed. These dogs have thousand's of dollars worth of training put on them but can't/won't stop attacking on command? Article didn't say if the handler issued any commands, I would hope he did. Our previous dog trainer somehow got a K9 officer to visit the store for a meet and greet. Only problem is his dog was too hot to be trusted in the store with customers so it stayed in the car. How does THAT look?

This is a North American Mindset...
    The Polizei I have worked with in Germany don't have Dogs that are that amped up...
    Neither, have the Italian, Spanish, Dutch, or the British... :dunno:

Top Bottom