• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    i would like to see any actual cases of a cop getting investigated by other cops and getting found guilty. are there any? if so where could i find info on them? and if they do get found doing wrong whats the worst they are looking at losing thier job?

3 IMPD Officers Arrested On Drug Charges - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

Lost their jobs and went to prison, all three of them. Their criminal activity was discovered by officers on our department (assigned to an FBI task force), investigated by officers on our department (assigned to an FBI task force).

IMPD officer arrested - 13 WTHR

Same as above. Investigated by and arrested by officers from our department.

It doesn't always happen like that but I'm not going to waste my time explaining why. I've done it before on more than one occasion and it goes completely ignored since it doesn't jive with what many want to believe or think they already know to be the truth.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Believe it or not you could be effected by it someday driving your truck. Let's say your driving 55 in a snow storm lose control because you were going to fast, boom into a bridge. You spend the next 6 months recovering! Do you think you'll go 55 in a snow storm again? Probably not, on a much smaller scale this is the same thing. Look at this cop, involves on two police action shootings. Do you think he wants to be in another? Heck no, you shoot someone once or get shot at once, it's something nobody ever wants to experience again. Have some empathy, think about for a min.

Past experiences... I would imagine that is why some people walk around with a camera on them at all times.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    3 IMPD Officers Arrested On Drug Charges - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

Lost their jobs and went to prison, all three of them. Their criminal activity was discovered by officers on our department (assigned to an FBI task force), investigated by officers on our department (assigned to an FBI task force).

IMPD officer arrested - 13 WTHR

Same as above. Investigated by and arrested by officers from our department.

It doesn't always happen like that but I'm not going to waste my time explaining why. I've done it before on more than one occasion and it goes completely ignored since it doesn't jive with what many want to believe or think they already know to be the truth.
    at least thats 2 cases where the system works the way its supposed to we still got along way to go but at least its a start.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    your entitled to your opinion nice try at trying to glorify cops. i spent 4 years overseas in the military thanks for setting me straight on that whole soldier thing mr civilian. and as far as truck drivers never getting shot tell that to the family of the driver who was shot and killed last week in st louis. far more truckdrivers die every year in the line of duty than cops so you can tap dance around it all you want but thats the facts. and drivers do get involved in a lot of traumatic stuff. most of the time when a wreck occurs we are on the scene before any cop or paramedic. when a wreck happens in front of us we stop and do what we can until help arrives.

Clearly I wasn't glorifying anyone here. I was making a point of better ....... nevermind. Oh and thanks for your service!

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    There is no point at which you would be satisfied in this regard.
    i would be satisfied when a criminal is charged for the crime they commit and the fact that said criminal is wearing a badge has no bearing on the outcome. you did show 2 cases where they were prosecuted but there are way more that arent. seems to me i remember here recently a woodcarver in seattle getting murdered by a criminal with a badge and even after the investigation ruling it was a bad shoot they still refused to press charges.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    i would be satisfied when a criminal is charged for the crime they commit and the fact that said criminal is wearing a badge has no bearing on the outcome. you did show 2 cases where they were prosecuted but there are way more that arent. seems to me i remember here recently a woodcarver in seattle getting murdered by a criminal with a badge and even after the investigation ruling it was a bad shoot they still refused to press charges.

That cop got an infraction:rolleyes::D

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Millions of people who commit crimes get away with it every day. Hundreds of thousands of them are caught and still get away with it. That's the way the system works. Any time that criminal turns out to wear a badge and isn't convicted most are always going to assume it is due to some sort of cover up and cry foul from the rafters. Not because they know the intimate details of the incident or investigation but because the alleged perpetrator has a badge.

Any criminal in this country can attempt any defense, no matter how ridiculous, and it is accepted. There is no acceptable defense for a police officer accused of a crime. They are automatically guilty the instant they are accused.

There will be no satisfaction for those who have already made up their minds.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Millions of people who commit crimes get away with it every day. Hundreds of thousands of them are caught and still get away with it. That's the way the system works. Any time that criminal turns out to wear a badge and isn't convicted most are always going to assume it is due to some sort of cover up and cry foul from the rafters. Not because they know the intimate details of the incident or investigation but because the alleged perpetrator has a badge.

Any criminal in this country can attempt any defense, no matter how ridiculous, and it is accepted. There is no acceptable defense for a police officer accused of a crime. They are automatically guilty the instant they are accused.

There will be no satisfaction for those who have already made up their minds.
    i just dont understand how in the seattle case he walked with no charges. maybe im missing something here but if that was john q citizen that shot that guy and they did an investigation and ruled it was a bad shoot he would be looking at charges. why wasnt the leo charged? is it possible that if the shooter was not a cop the prosecutor would have made the same decision?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    i just dont understand how in the seattle case he walked with no charges. maybe im missing something here but if that was john q citizen that shot that guy and they did an investigation and ruled it was a bad shoot he would be looking at charges. why wasnt the leo charged? is it possible that if the shooter was not a cop the prosecutor would have made the same decision?

I have no idea. The biggest difference between myself and a lot of the members who have posted in this thread is that I can accept the fact that I don't know. I don't know all of the specifics of that case. I don't know the people involved. I don't know the laws in that state. I don't know why the officer want charged. Because I don't know all of those things I'm not going to assume it was the thin blue line, a cover up or a conspiracy. I also know that the media will report any story in whatever light they feel will stir up the most controversy. I stated in the thread about that case that it appeared, from the video, that the officer was absolutely wrong. I didn't use it as a reason to hate every other officer in the country, or consider them suspect.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    anyone else think its ironic that the guy's last name is "Crooks?"
    that sucks about what happened, but it seems like he will get justice.

I just shook my Dr. Freud's Therapy ball and its says: "go to your happy place" :laugh:

and, the Sarcastic ball says: " YEAH RIGHT" so im gonna say, nope, he's screwed. lol

OH CRAP! I just gave away what sets my mood every time I log onto INGO.
    Dr. Freud's Therapy Ball - Archie McPhee & Co.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Officer Ian Birk had a bulletproof defense. The woodcarver turned and acknowledged him, so he shot him.

2013921300.jpg

Top Bottom