Police: 4 people shot and killed "execution-style" on Indy's near-west side.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Haha you aren't going to get me to post those pics on here and make this even more about race but I will not for one second sit here and let you tell me most of the time you can't look at someone and tell how they are based on appearance.

Almost every single time something like this happens you see the same things. You don't see pics of warm homes, nice yards, pride of life. You see ghetto, dirty houses, run down homes, trash, sex in many forms, gang signs.

There's looking decent and respectable and there's looking like a thug and hoodrat.

This could be discussed for hours.
    There is reference to the base problem.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Touché, however, I was looking at mugshots, not Facebook pics. A mugshot seems to be a better indicator of the type of person than Facebook pics. I wouldn't say anything nearly so ignorant regarding a person's behavior based on a Facebook post. Look at the pics there is NOTHING that supports the "hoodrat" or "thug" theory, except Brown faces. Their pics are no different than what millions of others having posted. Let JD put his credibility on the line, if he has the courage, and post the pics that back up his claim.
    I would say that the existence of a mugshot is a good indicator that they've broken the law, but the picture itself? Not so much. I'm pretty sure that most people don't go through life with an emotionless deadpan face. Facebook pics are probably going to be more candid, thus a better indicator of what they're really like, dontcha think?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Touché, however, I was looking at mugshots, not Facebook pics. A mugshot seems to be a better indicator of the type of person than Facebook pics. I wouldn't say anything nearly so ignorant regarding a person's behavior based on a Facebook post. Look at the pics there is NOTHING that supports the "hoodrat" or "thug" theory, except Brown faces. Their pics are no different than what millions of others having posted. Let JD put his credibility on the line, if he has the courage, and post the pics that back up his claim.

I don't know if either is indicative of behavior.

It's a standard business mistake to assume someone's income, ideologies, etc are related to their appearance.

However, he did say he had read facebook posts also.

And I'm a little leery of thinking mugshots are a good indicator. If I ever have a mugshot taken, it's probably not my best day and doubtfully would be an indicator of my overall lifestyle.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.

So you judge them by their mugshot photos and you can tell that they are prostitutes and pimps by judging the photo yet when someone in the know states it is drug related you go on the defense?

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I don't know if either is indicative of behavior.

It's a standard business mistake to assume someone's income, ideologies, etc are related to their appearance.

However, he did say he had read facebook posts also.

And I'm a little leery of thinking mugshots are a good indicator. If I ever have a mugshot taken, it's probably not my best day and doubtfully would be an indicator of my overall lifestyle.

I'm saying when someone is in trouble or gets murdered and they have a certain appearance then there's a pretty good chance they weren't just a good boy, who'd never hurt anyone, never done anything wrong, turning their life around...yada yada yada

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Why would it look bad for us and the city?

Bad as in more murders and bad stats for the city. Nothing personal, you guys do what you can, we all know you have your hands tied behind your back.

From what little I have seen it appears a lot of these problem people are coming from elsewhere and causing problems or getting murdered.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So you judge them by their mugshot photos and you can tell that they are prostitutes and pimps by judging the photo yet when someone in the know states it is drug related you go on the defense?

Drug related for all four? If I were a betting man, I'd say that ONE of individuals was the intended "hit" target, and most likely the 18 year old male. The others, wrong place wrong time.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Bad as in more murders and bad stats for the city. Nothing personal, you guys do what you can, we all know you have your hands tied behind your back.

From what little I have seen it appears a lot of these problem people are coming from elsewhere and causing problems or getting murdered.
    A lot of em were born and raised here as well! Can't pass it all off on Gary/Chicago thugs, we grow them here as well.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm saying when someone is in trouble or gets murdered and they have a certain appearance then there's a pretty good chance they weren't just a good boy, who'd never hurt anyone, never done anything wrong, turning their life around...yada yada yada

I'm clear on your "certain appearancel" based on Facebook photos.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Again, maybe I missed it somewhere earlier in the thread, but who stated that this was drug related?

As far as I know that still has not been confirmed.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Again, maybe I missed it somewhere earlier in the thread, but who stated that this was drug related?

As far as I know that still has not been confirmed.
    IMPD didn't state it afaik, a neighbor that was interviewed on TV, made a statement that drugs were sold out of that house! As far as this thread?...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    IMPD didn't state it afaik, a neighbor that was interviewed on TV, made a statement that drugs were sold out of that house! As far as this thread?...

Fair enough, but still speculation.

I am with everyone else in that I agree it's likely drug related, but I guess I'm still clinging to my own sense of journalistic integrity. I'm not trying to be difficult, but as a former news reporter, I try not to speculate. I prefer confirmation.

Top Bottom