Police: 4 people shot and killed "execution-style" on Indy's near-west side.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sometimes I think that I must lead a very sheltered life, and sometimes I think that I am actually very happy that is the case. :shoot:

Me too, Mark. Just about when I think about how boring my life is, I read about somebody getting fire bombed (in another thread) or a group getting shot, execution style. My rut might be boring but it's not as lethal as other peoples' lives.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    What few details I'm getting about this are shocking.
    Gang initiation?
    Mistaken identity?
    Intended victim not home?
    Family dispute gone horribly wrong?
    Gun got pissed off and started spraying the place?
    If you are shocked, us average joes will be scared? outraged? I just hope this is another in a long history of cases where if one doesn't engage in nefarious activities, one's chances of ever meeting a similar fate are very very slim. How many triple and quadruple homicides has metro Indy seen in the past few years? Toooooo many.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The report has not been made and I don't know what the PIO has made available to the media so I'll have to keep quiet for now. I will say that what I know makes me pause and shake my head and wonder WTF is wrong with people...and I have seen some heinous **** on this job.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Apparently not. If you're killed on the west side, odds are you are probably a criminal, and we should make light of their deaths. Despite not knowing any details. I remember a family of 7 that were all murdered, but it didn't appear the news released their obviously long criminal history.

I think we have just become so used to the "victims" having a rap sheet at least as long as the perpetrator of the crime, that it's become natural to assume that this is always the case. Of course it isn't always, but it does seem to be the case the majority of the time. When the first pictures released of the victim(s) are mugshots, it's a definite clue.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The "factions" down in that neighborhood have been warring for a couple weeks. Just yesterday at roll call we were urged to use caution down there. We were told it's only a matter of time till a bunch of bodies start turning up. Yesterday.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Strangely, I haven't seen any of the Indy news outlets post something up on Facebook yet but here is what WDRB (Louisville) has posted.

4 shot to death in high-crime Indianapolis neighborhood - WDRB 41 Louisville News

WTHR has it on their website and their Facebook page. Same for WXIN (Fox59).

Here's a snippet from the WTHR piece:

While some neighbors were shocked, others were not surprised, saying that drug dealing is a big problem in the neighborhood.

"I'm sad to hear about those four bodies in the house," said Monica Cooper, who added, "I'm not surprised."

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The report has not been made and I don't know what the PIO has made available to the media so I'll have to keep quiet for now. I will say that what I know makes me pause and shake my head and wonder WTF is wrong with people...and I have seen some heinous **** on this job.
    Yup, after 13 years here I've come to the realization that there is nothing that one person can do to another that will shock me. The things I've seen would give most nightmares. I know that myself and most of my buddies suffer some level of PTSD I'm convinced, small, but it can affect you if left unchecked. You can not see this on a regular basis and not have it affect you. When Milburn was shot, we checked the house the suspect was exciting when Greg came across him. We found 2 females shot to death in the back bedroom(totally unexpected). We got on the radio to let Control know what we found. Some brass from ISP was listening and told one of our brass he was with that our tone on the radio was like we were giving the time of day or the temperature. The changes that we go through are so gradual that most go unnoticed until brought to our attention.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Apparently not. If you're killed on the west side, odds are you are probably a criminal, and we should make light of their deaths. Despite not knowing any details. I remember a family of 7 that were all murdered, but it didn't appear the news released their obviously long criminal history.

How far back do you have to go to get to the Hovey St murders? Almost 10 years I think. How many mass execution style murders have their been since?

Again, playing the odds.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The "factions" down in that neighborhood have been warring for a couple weeks. Just yesterday at roll call we were urged to use caution down there. We were told it's only a matter of time till a bunch of bodies start turning up. Yesterday.

Yikes. I guess we can expect a tit for tat if that's the case.

Top Bottom