• wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Give or take...

We'll be doing a "soft opening" again. Basically, we'll just open the doors to customers. Greenwood employees have been working in Carmel, so ramp up time will be minimal. Maybe the Grand Opening will coincide with Black Friday?

Store is pretty much ready to go. Just got to get everything in it. No issues like we had with the parking lot in Carmel.

I'll let everyone here know when...

Interested to hear when the soft opening will be. Looking forward to cutting my drive in half, even though I'll miss seeing some of the great employees from the Carmel location.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Still no issues that I'm aware of. I was down there all last week and will be back tomorrow. The lines in the range are some of nicest whitest lines you'll ever see.

We've got .22lr but not the two pallets that we had in Carmel. Also, have some hard to find product that we can't get in Carmel. I saw a stack of VP9s the other day.

If I had to guess, and it is only a guess, I'd say Monday, the 9th.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    So... spent the day putting more "grid wall" on the walls. Most all of the product is out on the shelves. Price tags being applied. POS working. Employees still being trained in Carmel. Just need to finish up the details and clean.

All systems go for Monday.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I will be there if I can be, else it will be later in the week. Looking forward to some range time! Thanks for the updates, crispy.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So... spent the day putting more "grid wall" on the walls. Most all of the product is out on the shelves. Price tags being applied. POS working. Employees still being trained in Carmel. Just need to finish up the details and clean.

All systems go for Monday.

Awesome! :thumbsup:

Might try to go in and take a look around Monday at lunch time if I can. If not, perhaps after work.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Pay level often has nothing to do with how employees work. My wife works in a pet store and is paid $9. She is a hard worker and does a great job, even more so than employees who have been with the store longer and make more money. I work in a professional environment and make a lot less than other employees who don't work half as hard as I do. I believe it has a lot more to do with work ethic than how much money you make. If you don't like the low pay, don't work there. If the pay interests you, along with the experiences you'll get there, then it'll be worthwhile. No one is forcing anyone to go work for that level of pay. I also feel that safety issues or the level of what the employees know have more to do with how the company handles training and what management is like, rather than anything to do with what employees are paid. My :twocents:

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Pay level often has nothing to do with how employees work. My wife works in a pet store and is paid $9. She is a hard worker and does a great job, even more so than employees who have been with the store longer and make more money. I work in a professional environment and make a lot less than other employees who don't work half as hard as I do. I believe it has a lot more to do with work ethic than how much money you make. If you don't like the low pay, don't work there. If the pay interests you, along with the experiences you'll get there, then it'll be worthwhile. No one is forcing anyone to go work for that level of pay. I also feel that safety issues or the level of what the employees know have more to do with how the company handles training and what management is like, rather than anything to do with what employees are paid. My :twocents:

DING DING DING! This guy gets it. For a part time position, 9$ an hour is fine. If you start people with to high of pay, they have nothing to look up for, but on the other hand, people always want premium wages because they say they deserve it. I need to be shown somebody deserves higher wages, otherwise its a waste of money. People are driven by money more and more, but where does it land them? job after job after job. People have to have the right attitude, that is everything. It may not be the 15$ an hour, and by golly do I wish I got 15$ an hour, but I like my job and do not feel to good for what I make. I have work ethic and a decent attitude, much more than 95% of people looking for jobs today have... The grass is always greener on the other side, because its fertilized by bull$h!T

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    1.) I'll be there Monday early afternoon.

2.) What's all the higgle haggle about pay rates? People who want to work there will apply...no one is forced to work anywhere. There's a lot more to life than a paycheck.

Top Bottom