Please Tell Me How Someone Could Possibly Make This Mistake?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    It's still on the driver's test in Kentucky to not use your feet on the dimmer switch.

First, I was like, "Huh? Must just be ol' Jack being a smarty-pants."

They shouldn't have moved that switch anyway. The floor was a better place for it.

Then I was like, "wait, he was being serious?"

I agree... your left foot isn't doing anything while driving... why take your hands from the wheel to dim your lights when you can just use your left foot that is serving no other purpose at the time? :dunno:

Unless your vehicle has a clutch.

Yeah, there is always that.:D

I've never had a car with a DS on the floor...I guess I don't really care either way where it is, but my hand doesn't have to leave the wheel when I use it(well my thumb and index knuckle don't).

I won't buy a car that's an automatic. If it doesn't have a clutch, I don't wanna own it. So my left foot will be occupied as well.

I'd forgotten all about that switch. It was easier on the floor.

Shoot, I'd never even HEARD of "that switch" being on the floor!

Would one of you folks who know what this switch is please tell me what it did? From a quick Google search, the best I can gather is that older cars had a way to actually dim the headlights...?? Or did it just toggle between high beams and low? When I first read "dimmer switch" in Jack's post, I thought he meant the thing that dims the interior lights (not really a switch because it is a gradual change), but I see no reason that'd ever be on the floor. Or, heck, why any switch would be on the floor other than possibly the gas cover and trunk releases.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Unless your vehicle has a clutch.
    The only time you'd be using the clutch would be when accellerating/decelerating. I can see your point... but worst case scenario your foot is on the clutch for all of about 2-4 seconds unless stopped so the left foot isn't really "busy". It still just "hangs out" there on the floor-board until it's service are requested.

Anyways... I still like the dimmer switch on the floor... it's been a while since I've driven a vehicle with one... although my dad still has a couple work trucks that have it there (I haven't driven those trucks in a few years).

OK. I think it makes more sense to have it up by the hands. But I guess I shouldn't knock it til I've tried it.
    Think of a button about 3/4" diameter that you just quickly tap with your foot to toggle your brights/dims.

I don't mind it by the wheel... but I like the old-school, on the floor better. No reason other than occasionally if my right hand is occupied and my left hand is on the wheel, it could be challenging to dim my lights.

ETA for pictures
    pastedgraphic-12.jpeg
    lightswitch-1.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Ooo thanks! I was looking for pics of what it would look like actually installed in a car, but wasn't having much luck. Repped.

Oh, and uhh... still can't believe he washed his hands in pee-pee

Yeah, it took me 7 or 8 pages on google to find images.

Oh yeah... this thread was about a guy washing his hands in a urinal wasn't it?

Oops... sorry for contributing to the thread jack... back on topic...

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    U can't take me out of bargersville , but u can take the bargersville out of me...

wait That doesn't make since must be cause I live in bargerstucky :dunno::dunno:

jlm223

Aim Small Miss Small
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Muncie
    I was at the Muncie fair a few while back and a kid comes out of the bathroom stall and washed his hands in the urinal it was funny.

Top Bottom