Plea for prayers and help. Deportation Notification for my wife.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Hey folks. Wanted to update everyone with the current status. So far we are still waiting on a court date. We were told it could take awhile, so its not a surprise we are still waiting.

Our needs have all been met so now we just need to see the judge. I will try to stop back to this thread more regularly to update folks.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Best wishes, man. It's ridiculous that folks like your wife who do things the right way get dragged through bureaucracy whereas those who don't follow the law are seemingly immune to consequence.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yes. I've had two good friends deported. Both because of clerical errors. Both came over here, got educated in our college system, got good jobs, were establishing themselves in our communities, then had a "clerical" error on their visa renewal, and were deported.

Nothing like educating people and then kicking them out. They were better people than most people that are born here. The US is a worse place for deporting them.

This crap happens all the time. The system needs to be revised. We need it to be less stringent. Instead of people checking boxes, they need to actually step back and look at things.

Hope this works out for the OP.

So our federal government is in the business of deporting people over minor clerical errors, leaving those affected no option other than expensive attorneys? Really?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yes. I've had two good friends deported. Both because of clerical errors. Both came over here, got educated in our college system, got good jobs, were establishing themselves in our communities, then had a "clerical" error on their visa renewal, and were deported.

Nothing like educating people and then kicking them out. They were better people than most people that are born here. The US is a worse place for deporting them.

This crap happens all the time. The system needs to be revised. We need it to be less stringent. Instead of people checking boxes, they need to actually step back and look at things.

Hope this works out for the OP.

Fascinating, seeing as how we don't deport illegals who didn't even try to go through the legal process when they are arrested on felonies. Two felonies or gang affiliation, they'll consider it but no guarantees.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It's infuriating. Both times, I couldn't believe it. Talk about "brain drain." We educated them, hired them in their chosen field, then kicked them out.

One of them, the clerical error was that their attourney submitted their renewal form to the correct place. The immigration dept. misplaced the form. That form was then found 2 days after the deadline. The immigration dept. claimed it didn't matter and since the form was not inputted into the system until after the deadline, he had to be deported.

The other was the founder of a non-for profit that helped disabled children. She was deported because of a typo that didn't match her previous forms. I believe it was year of birth that was off by 1 year.

Truly good people. The system is broken.

Not to mention even thinking of deporting someone who has been married to a citizen for 10 years and has 2 kids.

Someone needs to lose their job in the immigration department over this kind of crap.

Fascinating, seeing as how we don't deport illegals who didn't even try to go through the legal process when they are arrested on felonies. Two felonies or gang affiliation, they'll consider it but no guarantees.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The system is definitely broken.

Luckily in my wife's case, because she has been a perm resident for greater than 5yrs deportation isn't automatic and she has to go to court. I just hope that grant us a case before the judge. That part isn't automatic; we have to request a judge to review evidence as to why she should stay.

Awful.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ditto. Had a friend get deported like that too.

He lived here for many years, owned a home, got married (then divorced), paid lots of taxes...

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Sounds like some of these folks that got deported should of just stayed, the illegals do. Bet if they stayed, maybe moved and started over no one would ever come after them, broken system most likely doesn't have the money or smarts to track someone down.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds like some of these folks that got deported should of just stayed, the illegals do. Bet if they stayed, maybe moved and started over no one would ever come after them, broken system most likely doesn't have the money or smarts to track someone down.

Staying is much easier if you're working the fields or chicken plant. Not so easy when you're an engineer with a major company. If you're college educated, you can still have a good life in your native country. There's a lot to be said for not having to look over your shoulder all the time.

Top Bottom