Plea for prayers and help. Deportation Notification for my wife.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I'm going to refrain from making any snarky comments about our immigration system. We'll be praying for you, and I hope it all works out for your family.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the prayers folks. I appreciate them greatly.

When you are married to a US citizen it makes obtaining Permanent Residency (green card) easier. Just a different set of tracks that stops at the same stations, if that makes sense.

Thank you all for the generosity as well. I am truly humbled by everyones kindness and willing to help. I owe you all a box CCI minimags; just kidding obviously, so don't PM me ;)

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Contacting your Congress critter is a good route. There's a thing called a "private bill". These are used on occasion to grant citizenship to somebody under special circumstances.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Thanks for the prayers folks. I appreciate them greatly.

When you are married to a US citizen it makes obtaining Permanent Residency (green card) easier. Just a different set of tracks that stops at the same stations, if that makes sense.

Thank you all for the generosity as well. I am truly humbled by everyones kindness and willing to help. I owe you all a box CCI minimags; just kidding obviously, so don't PM me ;)

I was under the same impression with the whole marriage thing... I really hope that this works out and hope you can get into personal contact with the guy up in Fort Wayne on Wednesday, or something to that effect with someone who has some pull. Looks like some people are willing to help so keep us updated!

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Went thru a bunch of buracratic bs with a gov agency a while back cost a freakin fortune, contacted senators and congressmen in person, what a crock of ****, bunch of back stabbing basterds that work for the system, including lawyers.
    Make plans to go into hiding if needed, when the chips are down your family is all you have.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Office Locations | Contact | U.S. Senator Joe Donnelly of Indiana

Contact | United States Senator Dan Coats of Indiana

Richard, contact Coates and Donnelly. Senators have quite a bit of pull. Don't take no for an answer and don't let their secretaries and office workers stonewall you. Just keep hammering at them till you get attention from the senator. And it wouldn't hurt to contact representatives outside your district either. Some of them have higher aspirations and might well want the goodwill.

Plus one on this. DO NOT give up and accept a bs response from a senator. Be polite and explain everything. Visit personally to the office if you need to. Write everything down for the office.

Here is an example. I got hurt while overseas but the army did not fix it. Grassley (i was in iowa at the time) was whom i contacted. Wrote everything out on why my case needed to be re-evaluated. The first reply from the army was exactly what i had previously written would be said. His staff realized this when i pointed it out. Took TWO more comgressionals to get a real evaluation done.

Set up an appointment w the senator when they are in town if possible. If not, call dc directly and ask who the best person in the office, here or there, is to talk to. Tell them what is going on and then send them a written note following up.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    You guys are all the best. Thank you so much for your generous donations, kindness, advice and most of all prayers. I appreciate all the great advice. I just got done composing emails to my legislators and am also contacting Lutheran Services. I was told by some very high ups at CBP that they can help alot with Immigration issues.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    OP, I'm sorry i don't have a few dollars to spare for you, but I would be honored to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Best of luck! I know I'll be checking back as much as possible

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Just an update: Thanks again to all of you. Thanks to your generosity we are about 25% toward our goal in just a few days. I appreciate you sharing this and your help thus far. There is no way it can be repaid but I am tremendously thankful for such good and generous people.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You guys are all the best. Thank you so much for your generous donations, kindness, advice and most of all prayers. I appreciate all the great advice. I just got done composing emails to my legislators and am also contacting Lutheran Services. I was told by some very high ups at CBP that they can help alot with Immigration issues.

Small bit of advice: compose actual letters and send them via registered mail. Borrow the $ for that from someone - probably a few bucks per letter. You'll then have official record of your letters being delivered.

Top Bottom