PA110010.jpg

:whistle:

-J-

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Ill take the Glocks and properly dispose of them. I wouldn't want them to go kaboom in untrained hands

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Is that a Steyr? I remember looking at one of those and really liking the way it looks. How does it shoot?

Yes indeedy. Steyr M9-A1, to be precise.

It shoots very well. Feeds and ejects everything I've thrown at it.

I had a Steyr .40. It shot really well... for a plastic gun. It really settled nicely back into the hand with its low bore axis.

Yes, felt recoil is rather "nice" due to the low bore axis.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    After thousands of years of evolution we have come down to firearms made from plastic. Progress?

Do you say the same thing about cars/trucks? Planes?

There are indeed many polymer blends that are stronger than equivalent pieces of metal.

:D

What!
    facepalm4.gif
    No Walther P99!
    noway.gif

I know!!!

Sold both of them.

And both of the P22s that I've owned, too.

I'd take my 9mm P99 back in a heartbeat, though.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    The only thing those photos are lacking is a CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom. There's a nice used one for a great price under the counter at GM in Greenwood.

Last edited:

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Indy Guy, would you buy a full set of hand tools from Snapon if they were all made from plastic? Would you trust your life to an aircraft engine made from polymer? Plastics have many wonderful uses. But some applications will always be better served by chrome moly steel and aluminum alloys.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The only thing those photos are lacking is a CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom. There's a nice used one for a great price under the counter at GM in Greenwood.

You've seen that, too, eh? They ARE proud of that one. Even asking more for the USED one than a BRAND NEW one. You go, GM. You go.

Indy Guy, would you buy a full set of hand tools from Snapon if they were all made from plastic? Would you trust your life to an aircraft engine made from polymer? Plastics have many wonderful uses. But some applications will always be better served by chrome moly steel and aluminum alloys.

Apples and oranges, Drail, apples and oranges.

The "important parts" of the firearms always have been and still are made of proper steels. (or zinc alloys in the case of MANY .22LR guns).

That's great that you like all metal firearms. I have a few of those, too.

Do you still have to dial the operator to place a call? Still have a bakelite rotary phone? Own a cell phone? What about a flat screen computer monitor? Or, heaven forbid a flat panel LCD television or computer monitor.

Things change, progress is made, life goes on.

But don't let me hear of you using any kind of fiber optic and/or night sights/scopes on any of your firearms, mister.

Sights are supposed to be black steel with little white dots and that's it!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I still say this whole smokeless powder in a metallic cartridge thing is a fad.

It'll never take off.

And the whole copper jacketed bullet business? Folly.

Let's not even start with making a perfectly good bullet and then HOLLOWING OUT THE FRONT of it. *gasp!*

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    In my opinion there are no parts on a firearm that are not "important". Let me ask you this - are you willing to say that you prefer the recoil impulse of a polymer pistol over an all steel model of the same gun? What, in your opinion, is the greatest advantage of using polymer in a firearm? And incidentally, all of my sights ARE black steel and they DON'T have any white dots on them.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I own some of each, and I think each has its advantages and disadvantages. Steel frame 1911's are my favorite range guns, but can be a little heavy for carry all day. Polymer guns are lighter, thus easier to carry, and generally have larger capacity magazines. I don't know if there are any "unimportant" parts, but even the 1911 manufacturers use a lot of MIM parts anymore.

I know there are metal gun guys who don't care for "tupperware" guns. There are polymer guys that think the 1911 is a dated platform. That's all cool. To each his own. As for me, I like them all.

Top Bottom