• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Siderite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    A little hard to find, but well worth it, even from Lafayette. Friendly and helpful on the phone and in person. Pricing was better than Cabela's.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    +2 for PSS. My neighbors down the street have been talking about getting their first and I recommended Bob and his guys. A couple days ago, they headed over and bought matching Taurus Millennium Pro .45's with accessories. From what they've said, PSS did them pretty well. Said Kermit helped 'em.

jagrimes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Not a regular... No respect

The previous reviewers must be people that spend alot of time sitting in this gun store staring at every customer that comes in just to laugh and mock them if they are unsure of what exactly they need. I usually do not post reviews, however, this was my 3rd unsatisfactory exprience in this gun store, after finding what I needed on my OWN I put the supplies back on the shelf and left the store, I will never spend another dollar here. I will be sure to drive to mooresville next time I have any gun supply needs. The men working here are extremely unfriendly and unhelpful unless you have the know how of a gunsmith do not expect them to help you find what you need or talk to you in a respectful tone. When asking what .45 ACP bullets perform better because of a previous negative experience I had with one of the brands, the response I got was as he walked away to dismiss my question was "same bullet... they all make the same size hole." As he and the posse that takes up half the store smirked. I hope this store likes have the same 30 customers year after year stand blankfully taking up space in their store. I know all my friends and myself will never be a customer again as they have had the same issues.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    not a regular.....much respect

The previous reviewers must be people that spend alot of time sitting in this gun store staring at every customer that comes in just to laugh and mock them if they are unsure of what exactly they need.

I probably make it in twice a year and still get treated well. Never been stared at in there or mocked or heard them mocking others. Sorry to hear of your bad experience.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I visited this store for the first time earlier this month after having them recommended Twice .

Just as a test , I had my 60 year old mother go in first to see how she would be treated . PSS met her approval , so I went in and got down to the business we we're there for .

PSS had the guns we wanted and at prices that NOBODY ELSE sold them for .

I know this because I called three other Indy gun shops and looked on the net , to "price check" them .

I find Bob's sarcasm and frankness quite refreshing , especially when a lot of stores choose to blow smoke up your :moon: just trying to make a quick buck .

Today made my Third trip there this month with good service every time .

When I first go in the store somebody gives me a quick "can I help you" and then leaves me alone to do my shopping , just the way I like it .

My advice : Do some homework for yourself and have an idea of what your talking about / looking for before you go in .

Be prepared to handle some sarcasm , I find it hilarious , I doubt it's personal so don't make it personal .

I've found my new "go to" store from now on and will ONLY recommend them .

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The previous reviewers must be people that spend alot of time sitting in this gun store staring at every customer that comes in just to laugh and mock them if they are unsure of what exactly they need. I usually do not post reviews, however, this was my 3rd unsatisfactory exprience in this gun store, after finding what I needed on my OWN I put the supplies back on the shelf and left the store, I will never spend another dollar here. I will be sure to drive to mooresville next time I have any gun supply needs. The men working here are extremely unfriendly and unhelpful unless you have the know how of a gunsmith do not expect them to help you find what you need or talk to you in a respectful tone. When asking what .45 ACP bullets perform better because of a previous negative experience I had with one of the brands, the response I got was as he walked away to dismiss my question was "same bullet... they all make the same size hole." As he and the posse that takes up half the store smirked. I hope this store likes have the same 30 customers year after year stand blankfully taking up space in their store. I know all my friends and myself will never be a customer again as they have had the same issues.

I wouldn't say I'm a regular as I only buy a couple of guns a year from PSS. But I check the stock maybe quarterly maybe not that often, so I'm not in there that much. But Bob is a great guy, remembers me even though I don't do that much business. There is a regular crowd hanging around. Cant say they ever mocked anyone while I was there, I have heard some laughing but that makes me feel at ease not uncomfortable. Haven't heard any sarcasm that was not said in jest. I don't always get asked if I need any help or want to see something. Sometimes they ask me instead how I'm doing, then if I don't need attention they go about helping others.

Honestly after reading the quoted post I felt like saying something in defense of PSS. I haven't been put off in any gun shop in the Indy area with the exception of Don's Gun's I have only been in there once in ten years, that place gives me the creeps. I would have to say that PSS is one of the top 3 friendliest shops I have been in. Beech Grove Firearms, PSS and then Bradis all very friendly.

That is a shame you had a bad experience in PSS, if you are not going to go there anymore you might just be missing out on some great deals on some great guns. The only thing I warn people about is Bob's singing...

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Another Painless Trasaction

Well INGO postings about Kahr Sub Compacts got me to thinking... So I go to PSS earlier this week and what do you know there sat a bright and shiny new PM45. I looked at few other guns in the glass case and then was asked if I needed any help. Bob was not there but I still got the same personal friendly service I always experience. Long story short about 15 minutes later I'm walking out with a PM45 and a big smile. You know it's a great gun shop when you get the same great service regardless of the owner being there or not.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital

4 weeks later and a single post........this douche bag has not ever made another post?
    Makes me somewhat suspicious he may had had an ulterior motive and may have never been in PSS at all?

My opinion as a repeat non-frequent customer, Bob and PSS rocks!
    I always go there first, and if he has it, I buy it for less than anywhere else.
    Besides, that man can sing!:laugh:

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I think they are OK, seems that they probably get a bunch of tire kickers day in and day out and this makes Bob a little crotchety, but that does not bother me.

I bought a Kahr CW9 from them @ 4 weeks ago, they area bit of a drive for me, but all in all, they seem like good people.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Bob's is Bob! You put up with his hilarious singing, his sarcasm, but what do you expect from an ex-Navy Seal?? Thank him for his service, and make your way to his display cases. If I'm not comfy asking a question to one of his crew, Bob's accessible, and more than accomodating.

The previous poster is right on when he says who is this guy nagging about PSS.

If I were another shop owner, I'd get sick of hearing of how much less PSS is selling that gun for.

I've got a crap load of nice deals from Bob sitting in my safe, and I cringe to think how much more I'd have paid, if I'd gone to Gander or anybody else.

Just my:twocents:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Bob has only one shortcoming: he hasn't yet become an spnosor on INGO.

Great store, great prices, great inventory, great prices, great prices, great prices. What's not to like? Crotchitiness? Well, I feel a little crotchety myself about that post that the one-post wonder posted, so maybe the guys in the store got the same vibe.

Bob always acts like he enjoys seeing me and my wallet walk into the store. It is rare that I leave without having bought something.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Bob's great. A while back when Kel-Tec pf-9's were hard to find I called him and asked him to hold me one for TWO DAYS and he did it. In the end he sold me a hard chrome pf-9 over $100 below msrp.

Top Bottom